01-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Thursday night, Jan. 31, 2007
6:00 p.m.

Location of first meeting:
Rock Bottom Brewery
9627 E. County Line Road
Englewood, CO 80112
Phone: (303) 792-9090

Located in South Denver next to the Park Meadows Mall, just off I-25 and County Line Road.

Map:
http://www.rockbottomrestaurantsinc.com/RockBottomWeb/ViewUploadedImage.aspx?token=af1cb33138bc4eb1a9661f91e9559bde

Eating dinner is not required -- you are welcome to show up and sample the beer only.

We'll try to do two Thursdays a month.

Post up if you're in.

Brought to you by the Southside Drinking Committee:
DaveInDenver, Romer, Wesintl, Hulk, Dean (no computer)

Romer
01-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Mmmmmmmm Beeer:thumb:

treerootCO
01-17-2008, 01:29 PM
heck yes!

Shark Bait
01-17-2008, 01:30 PM
That's the night of the TLCA BOD meeting. :p:

Uncle Ben
01-17-2008, 01:32 PM
VERY KEWL! I plan on not being uppity like the Southsiders and show up a few times...if a Northsider is allowed!? :rolleyes: Southsiders have yet to show up to NSTBC and of course they have always been invited (as long as they buy!) ;)

Romer
01-17-2008, 01:34 PM
That's the night of the TLCA BOD meeting. :p:

Thats what cell phones and ear pieces are for. You and Matt can take turns paying attention.

Romer
01-17-2008, 01:35 PM
VERY KEWL! I plan on not being uppity like the Southsiders and show up a few times...if a Northsider is allowed!? :rolleyes: Southsiders have yet to show up to NSTBC and of course they have always been invited (as long as they buy!) ;)

You are welcome to attend. I have thought about joining you. Just the logistics and the fact I'm at work at 7AM make it difficult.

Shark Bait
01-17-2008, 01:39 PM
You are welcome to attend. I have thought about joining you. Just the logistics and the fact I'm at work at 7AM make it difficult.
Jeez, Ken. You could practically walk home. :eek:

Hulk
01-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Gas prices plus the fact that I am not much of a morning person make the Northside Breakfast Club kind of a non-starter for me. I've thought about showing up, but....

Yes, all are welcome.

Romer
01-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Jeez, Ken. You could practically walk home. :eek:

From Breakfast in Boulder with the Northside guys :confused:

timmbuck2
01-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Thats what cell phones and ear pieces are for. You and Matt can take turns paying attention.

Think I should have 4 or 5 beers before my first TLCA BOD meeting???

:cheers:

Hulk
01-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Think I should have 4 or 5 beers before my first TLCA BOD meeting???

Abso-lutely.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Uncle Ben
01-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Abso-lutely.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Call in from the SSTDC! ;) :lmao:

Bikeman
01-17-2008, 02:31 PM
If Mike (Tch2Fly) is in, he can be the devestated driver for those of us living in Highlands Ranch:hill:

Uncle Ben
01-17-2008, 02:34 PM
If Mike (Tch2Fly) is in, he can be the devestated driver for those of us living in Highlands Ranch:hill:

And he can get his spare tire too from besides Uncle Bens garage! ;)

Rogue Leader
01-17-2008, 02:57 PM
i might show up. no beer but Rock Bottom has some good food. Plus I can be a designated driver if need be:D

Bikeman
01-17-2008, 03:04 PM
And he can get his spare tire too from besides Uncle Bens garage! ;)

That's actually me, Mike as well.
Thanks for holding onto the tire.

Red_Chili
01-17-2008, 03:07 PM
On my calendar in the cell phone.

Tch2fly
01-17-2008, 03:13 PM

I'm in, be happy to play taxi (make sure you bring earplugs) ;)

Looks like not only too many white 80's, now we are starting to get to many owners with the same name :lmao:

Uncle Ben
01-17-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm in, be happy to play taxi ;)

Looks like not only too many white 80's, now we are starting to get to many owners with the same name :lmao:

If we had a Smilly like :Matt:....that would cover half the club! ;)

Shark Bait
01-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Think I should have 4 or 5 beers before my first TLCA BOD meeting??? :cheers:

White wine. In the Hot Tub! With the guys!! :eek::lmao:

DaveInDenver
01-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Southsiders have yet to show up to NSTBC and of course they have always been invited
Much appreciated, but this going to work thing gets in the way. Again? I just went to work yesterday.

Anyway, the South Side Crew homies chill when da fly hotties are trollin'. Mornings ain't something a true playa does.

wesintl
01-17-2008, 03:34 PM
LOL>.. that was pretty good Dave. I got more than a chuckle from that.

Hulk
01-17-2008, 03:35 PM
Straight up truth. South Side represent!

Uncle Ben
01-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Much appreciated, but this going to work thing gets in the way. Again? I just went to work yesterday.

Anyway, the South Side Crew homies chill when da fly hotties are trollin'. Mornings ain't something a true playa does.

Are you sure about that? Then there is also the fact that some of us have more than enough "Hotties" in our life and we seek something a lot less dramatic!

Romer
01-17-2008, 03:49 PM

word

wesintl
01-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Are you sure about that?

That's what happens when you're dizzy from being up all night sitting at the counter in the morning lookin at Flo. :daydumdreamin:

Rezarf
01-17-2008, 04:05 PM
A true hommie is still up in the mornin'... fooo'

:D

...you caught me, I am in bed by 10 :o

nakman
01-17-2008, 04:05 PM
What's the line again? I-70? Or Hampden? I'm actually north of Hampden, but it takes a helluva left turn by then :)

But I may just do this, since I'd be talking to half of you guys on the phone anyway.

Shark Bait
01-17-2008, 04:09 PM
But I may just do this, since I'd be talking to half of you guys on the phone anyway.

This is also kind of like a pre pre-Super Bowl party. :D I'll probably be there. It's not like I'm working the next morning, or anything. :eek: :lmao:

wesintl
01-17-2008, 04:10 PM
I think you are the only tried and tru Bothsider...

corsair23
01-18-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm in :thumb:

Cheeseman
01-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Now that I finally see this invite, I'll be there. Uncle Ben would be dissapointed if I couldn't have a simple sociable beer or three or four. And yes if I can take a break from my parental taxi duties in the morning I would like to head up north sometime too.
________
KETAMINE REHAB ADVICE (http://www.rehab-forum.com/ketamine-rehab/)

bh4rnnr
01-18-2008, 10:52 PM
I'd sure like to go. It looks hopefull. But I have Jury Duty on the 30th of Jan. Plus, there is the whole ride thingy, and I dont want to incanveniance anybody for my personal enjoyment. Maybe I could get the first rounds for a ride to and from any Light Rail location??? Thanks in advance!!! :beer::beer:

corsair23
01-19-2008, 01:24 AM
I'd sure like to go. It looks hopefull. But I have Jury Duty on the 30th of Jan. Plus, there is the whole ride thingy, and I dont want to incanveniance anybody for my personla enjoyment. Maybe I could get the first rounds for a ride to and from any Light Rail location??? Thanks in advance!!! :beer::beer:

Doood...Light Rail goes to Park Meadows :thumb:

Only thing I'm not sure of is whether or not they fixed the fact that you couldn't actually get TO Park Meadows from that stop :confused:...Seems that when they put the station in, Park Meadows was worried that their parking lot would get filled up by people taking Light Rail to wherever. I'm not sure it dawned on them that people might also want to take Light Rail to get TO Park Meadows :rolleyes:

DaveInDenver
01-19-2008, 07:08 AM
from any Light Rail location
The County Line train station might work. It's not all that close to the brewery, but sure a heck of a lot closer than walking from downtown.

corsair23
01-19-2008, 07:36 PM
The County Line train station might work. It's not all that close to the brewery, but sure a heck of a lot closer than walking from downtown.

IIRC that is the one I am thinking of but the problem is the station parking lot is on the East side of I25 with no easy way to get across I25 :( - I might be remembering all wrong but I did find mention made of the issue of accessing Park Meadows from the Light Rail station at the bottom of this page (http://www.southeastlightrail.com/stations-park_n_ride.cfm)

Perry, you could get off at the Lincoln station and I could probably pick you up there :thumb: - Let me know

bh4rnnr
01-19-2008, 10:33 PM
IIRC that is the one I am thinking of but the problem is the station parking lot is on the East side of I25 with no easy way to get across I25 :( - I might be remembering all wrong but I did find mention made of the issue of accessing Park Meadows from the Light Rail station at the bottom of this page (http://www.southeastlightrail.com/stations-park_n_ride.cfm)

Perry, you could get off at the Lincoln station and I could probably pick you up there :thumb: - Let me know

Thanks for the offer. I'll look into this. I take the light rail to the Broadway Station everyday, then back home to Lodo.. Bout as far as I know for the system, other than the many times i've missed the train at the Downtown Littleton Station.

Jeff, I'll let you know as the time gets closer, again thanks for the offer:thumb::beer:

Uncle Ben
01-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the offer. I'll look into this. I take the light rail to the Broadway Station everyday, then back home to Lodo.. Bout as far as I know for the system, other than the many times i've missed the train at the Downtown Littleton Station.

Jeff, I'll let you know as the time gets closer, again thanks for the offer:thumb::beer:

Perry, I can probably swing by and pick you up on my way through if that works for you! I'm 97.8% positive I will make it.

bh4rnnr
01-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Perry, I can probably swing by and pick you up on my way through if that works for you! I'm 97.8% positive I will make it.

Thanks for the offer UB! Think i'll take you up on that:thumb::beer:

Romer
01-20-2008, 02:27 PM
I can always pick you up and drop you off at the Arapahoe or Dry Creek station Perry. Up to you guys, but driving during Rusk Hour to get in and out of downtown might be a PIA.

bh4rnnr
01-21-2008, 08:11 PM
I can always pick you up and drop you off at the Arapahoe or Dry Creek station Perry. Up to you guys, but driving during Rusk Hour to get in and out of downtown might be a PIA.

Thats a good point there Romer. I'll talk with UB as time gets closer and let you know what we decide:beer:

bskey
01-21-2008, 09:47 PM
On my calendar in the cell phone.

+1. I love technology! :beer::cheers::beer:

subzali
01-25-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm in. Can drive anybody that needs it.

Romer
01-25-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm in. Can drive anybody that needs it.

Hmmm a pass to have some fun:drink:

Romer
01-28-2008, 10:49 PM
We probably have enough folks to make a reservation, so lets get a count for this Thursday

Hulk
01-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Good idea.

1. Matt (1)
2. Romer (1)

Who else?

Bikeman
01-28-2008, 10:57 PM
If someone can tape LOST I'm in:rolleyes:. I can't figure out the VCR and the cable system:banghead:

Romer
01-28-2008, 11:06 PM
If someone can tape LOST I'm in:rolleyes:. I can't figure out the VCR and the cable system:banghead:

You know you can watch it on line the next day from abc.com

OR put the tape in the VCR, set up for a 4 hour tape, set the channel, press record and leave. You will have 4 hours of abc. Just make sure its the right 4 hours.

bh4rnnr
01-28-2008, 11:39 PM
Good idea.

1. Matt (1)
2. Romer (1)

Who else?

You guys can put me down for one. Figure i'll know more about Jury Duty within the next day......

Shark Bait
01-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Good idea.

1. Matt (1)
2. Romer (1)

Who else?

I'm in. Probably be celebrating employment. :D

corsair23
01-29-2008, 02:09 AM

SWEET Chris!

Count me down for 1

DaveInDenver
01-29-2008, 06:44 AM
I should be there with the caveat that work might still get in the way.
Probably be celebrating employment.
And those on the ham chat last night knew that already. ;-)

Tch2fly
01-29-2008, 07:56 AM
I'm in :thumb:

subzali
01-29-2008, 08:10 AM
More 'n likely I'm in.

Romer
01-29-2008, 08:12 AM

Excellent Chris:thumb:

leiniesred
01-29-2008, 09:42 AM
I'm in. I'll either ride my bike over there or Lin can pick me up on her way to join us.

PS It sure has been windy on the bike commute lately!

nakman
01-29-2008, 09:59 AM
I believe I can make it...

The Southside Toyota Dinner Club

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday night, Jan. 31, 2007
6:00 p.m.

Location of first meeting:
Rock Bottom Brewery
9627 E. County Line Road
Englewood, CO 80112
Phone: (303) 792-9090

County line road? wow that's south..

treerootCO
01-29-2008, 10:20 AM
I plan on being there. Northsiders have to represent! What is Nakman now? I say we keep him in the North side :D

bh4rnnr
01-29-2008, 11:53 AM
I plan on being there. Northsiders have to represent! What is Nakman now? I say we keep him in the North side :D

West Side:hill:

Cheeseman
01-29-2008, 05:40 PM
I will be there. We get to drink beer, right? Do we have to be ready for any topics that require prior thinking and preparation? I wouldn't like to look unprepared you know.

DaveInDenver
01-29-2008, 05:55 PM
I will be there. We get to drink beer, right? Do we have to be ready for any topics that require prior thinking and preparation? I wouldn't like to look unprepared you know.

The anticipated topic will be to examine the fundamental change in the relationship between the citizens and the U.S. Government that occurred in the 1920s and 1930s and the reasons behind this shift in policy and outlook. Discussed might be protest actions undertaken by relevant unions of this era and sweeping New Deal reformation implemented by Franklin D. Roosevelt during his early Presidential terms, and how these two factors worked together to bring about a major political shift that bridged the wide eyed, but distrustful, post-Antebellum period and the modern twentieth century United States. In particular, I might suggest that we limit the discussion to how these changes affected the political view of the West, developing from it's adolescence as a land of dreamers and hopeless romantics to one of natural resource development and economic boiler plate for tourism. Only anecdotal references will be necessary as this is will be an informal round table on the subject, meant just for lighthearted amusement of the Supper Club Posse. Or we could talk about the Rubithon and Cruise Moab. Up to the beer drinking bros, word to the Southside Crew homies.

Rogue Leader
01-29-2008, 06:02 PM
The anticipated topic will be to examine the fundamental change in the relationship between the citizens and the U.S. Government that occurred in the 1920s and 1930s and the reasons behind this shift in policy and outlook. Discussed might be protest actions undertaken by relevant unions of this era and sweeping New Deal reformation implemented by Franklin D. Roosevelt during his early Presidential terms, and how these two factors worked together to bring about a major political shift that bridged the wide eyed, but distrustful, post-Antebellum period and the modern twentieth century United States. In particular, I might suggest that we limit the discussion to how these changes affected the political view of the West, developing from it's adolescence as a land of dreamers and hopeless romantics to one of natural resource development and economic boiler plate for tourism. Only anecdotal references will be necessary as this is will be an informal round table on the subject, meant just for lighthearted amusement of the Supper Club Posse. Or we could talk about the Rubithon and Cruise Moab. Up to the beer drinking bros, word to the Southside Crew homies.

OOOO OOOO pick me pick me. i wrote a paper on this topic last year for AP history. we could also discuss the three progressive era presidents and compare and contrast their foreign and domestic policies. Cruise moab and rubithon are entirely alien subjects to me tho.

wesintl
01-29-2008, 07:10 PM
i'm in. I can discuss the merits of barley and hops (among other items) in water.

Shark Bait
01-29-2008, 07:10 PM
OOOO OOOO pick me pick me. i wrote a paper on this topic last year for AP history. we could also discuss the three progressive era presidents and compare and contrast their foreign and domestic policies. Cruise moab and rubithon are entirely alien subjects to me tho.

Maybe the future isn't totally hopeless after all. :eek:

Romer
01-29-2008, 07:14 PM
looks like 14 so far.

Rogue Leader
01-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Did you count me?

Romer
01-29-2008, 07:55 PM
I am adding a few extras as some Northsiders might show up as well

bh4rnnr
01-29-2008, 08:58 PM
i'm in. I can discuss the merits of barley and hops (among other items) in water.

I'm with you Wes, the true plesures of life, other than this here 4wheeling. Forget the current president:rant::cheers::beer:

treerootCO
01-29-2008, 09:02 PM

Northside! They are calling us out. :hill:

wesintl
01-29-2008, 09:21 PM
dude.. aren't you southside being below I70?

Uncle Ben
01-29-2008, 09:38 PM

Yup....just have to load the RTT and stock up the Cruiser and change the oil and pack clothes. Probably head out about 3PM tomorrow which will get me to the Southside around dinner time Thursday....:rolleyes:

Uncle Ben
01-29-2008, 09:42 PM

Northside is a status quo. Look at any map....North is always on top....South always on the bottom..... Just a fact of life I'm afraid :rolleyes: :lmao: :hill:

bskey
01-29-2008, 09:50 PM

:p: The... topic will be... the relationship between ... this .... Deal ....and how.... wide eyed.... distrustful....adolescence ....dreamers ... meant just for ....amusement of the ... Posse....talk about .... beer drinking ... homies.

^ that's what I heard :cheers:

Cheeseman
01-30-2008, 12:42 AM
Nah, kevin's just testing out his southward migration route to the land of winter fun and relaxation for his migration south next year.
________
Honda Xl 125 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_XL125)

DaveInDenver
01-30-2008, 06:40 AM
:p: The... topic will be... the relationship between ... this .... Deal ....and how.... wide eyed.... distrustful....adolescence ....dreamers ... meant just for ....amusement of the ... Posse....talk about .... beer drinking ... homies.

^ that's what I heard :cheers:
Someone reading between the lines. Nice. ;-)

Three Wheel Ben
01-30-2008, 07:20 AM
I think I might actually make this. :beer:

treerootCO
01-30-2008, 11:11 AM

Shhh, the Northsiders might kick me out of their club. UB is already mad at me again...:(

Uncle Ben
01-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Shhh, the Northsiders might kick me out of their club. UB is already mad at me again...:(

2 timing.........http://www.southernobserver.com/images/hoe.jpg :rant::Princess:

treerootCO
01-30-2008, 11:50 AM
:bowdown::kevin:

Uncle Ben
01-30-2008, 12:17 PM
http://www.dinicartoons.com/forum/images/smilies/Signs/whathesaid.gif

WERD! ;)

Uncle Ben
01-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Consolidated....

Treeroot is a...... :p:

Hulk
01-30-2008, 01:05 PM
What happened to this thread?

http://rustybrain.com/haha/fail-racoon.jpg

treerootCO
01-30-2008, 01:08 PM
UB made bunny cry and happy cat has run out of happy.

Romer
01-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Ummm back on track

Because of the size of our party I had to make a reservation with the Banquet Manager.

I made a reservation under the name "Rising Sun" for 20 people. They stated that this will have to be on one check and that a 20% gratuity will be added to the bill.

I think we were up to between 16-18 people (Someone check my math) and figured 20 would cover it.

Hulk
01-30-2008, 02:00 PM
One check, eh? I guess that's no different than how we do it at Hops every month.

Hants
01-30-2008, 02:19 PM
I got a hall pass... I'll be up, too!

One check sounds great... I nominate our Supreme Commander as the recipient!

:bolt:

DaveInDenver
01-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Add +1 for Dean.

corsair23
01-30-2008, 06:20 PM
I think we were up to between 16-18 people (Someone check my math) and figured 20 would cover it.

Ken,

As of right now I count 21 assuming all that expressed interest/posted up show. 20 seem to be solid yes' with one as a possible.

Maybe bump the reservation up to 25? Make it for 20 and 30 will show up. Make it for 25 and 10 will show - Murphy's Law you know :hill:

bh4rnnr
01-30-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm for sure in for tomorrow night:thumb:. Was able to finish jury duty today, so I dont have to go back tomorrow:cool:.

Rogue Leader
01-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Can't make it. Physics test on Fri and ACT on Sat. Gotta Love Junior year in high school. sorry if this causes any confusion

corsair23
01-30-2008, 11:56 PM
Looks like we are now at 19 yes' and 1 possible :)

Perry, you set transportation wise?

Uncle Ben
01-31-2008, 06:59 AM
I will not be able to make it tonight. :( My wife has Parent/Teacher conferences until 8 and I haven't been able to find rides for daughter #3 for her Volleyball game and afterwards. I am bummed as I really wanted to make this! If something develops and I can go I will but don't count on it at this time. Any Northsiders going that I can relay Bikemans tire with?

Red_Chili
01-31-2008, 08:03 AM
DOH! Let me know how to get your new pole saw to you. I can't make the club meeting next Wednesday; Puppy Kindergarten.

Yeah, I know, I'm hopeless.

Uncle Ben
01-31-2008, 08:34 AM
DOH! Let me know how to get your new pole saw to you. I can't make the club meeting next Wednesday; Puppy Kindergarten.

Yeah, I know, I'm hopeless.

Not sure Bill....I can mail you a check and maybe someone, somewhere, sometime can relay?

subzali
01-31-2008, 08:47 AM
I can still take the pole saw to UB next week, Bill just let me know when you want to get together and I can pick it up from you.

However I can't make it tonight either - something urgent came up last night.

timmbuck2
01-31-2008, 08:50 AM
Bring it tonight, I can run it up there next week.

Red_Chili
01-31-2008, 08:58 AM
Okely dokely.

bh4rnnr
01-31-2008, 08:59 AM
Looks like we are now at 19 yes' and 1 possible :)

Perry, you sent transportation wise?

Jeff, thanks for asking. I was going to take the LR down to the Arapahoe Station. Maybe I could snag a ride from there?? Thanks yo:thumb::beer:

DaveInDenver
01-31-2008, 09:02 AM
DOH! Let me know how to get your new pole saw to you.
I'll be there tonight and should be at the meeting next week, if you need a parts mule.

Uncle Ben
01-31-2008, 09:10 AM
However I can't make it tonight either - something urgent came up last night.

Hmmmm....did our little young Matt reach puberty? :eek::lmao::lmao:

bskey
01-31-2008, 10:21 AM
I don't get off until 6:15-6:30 so I'll shoot over there right after. I may also bring a buddy if that's cool. We're going to go over to the Robusto Room for a cigar afterwards if anyone wants to join us.

corsair23
01-31-2008, 01:04 PM
I will not be able to make it tonight.

Good thing I loaded your ARB dealymaflopper into the LX then :rolleyes:

Want me to hand it off to someone or just hold on to till the March meeting?

Uncle Ben
01-31-2008, 01:08 PM
Good thing I loaded your ARB dealymaflopper into the LX then :rolleyes:

Want me to hand it off to someone or just hold on to till the March meeting?

I'll get it at the meeting....THANK YOU!

corsair23
01-31-2008, 01:24 PM
Jeff, thanks for asking. I was going to take the LR down to the Arapahoe Station. Maybe I could snag a ride from there?? Thanks yo:thumb::beer:

Ok...Might be better to take it farther South to Dry Creek, County Line, or even the Lincoln station though to avoid the traffic at Arapahoe and 25 :thumb:

corsair23
01-31-2008, 01:25 PM
I'll get it at the meeting....THANK YOU!

10-4 over and out :hill:

Romer
01-31-2008, 02:08 PM
I live near the Arapahoe station and can get Sir Perry.

corsair23
01-31-2008, 03:52 PM
I live near the Arapahoe station and can get Sir Perry.

That would work as well...Haven't heard back from him yet - Sent him a PM to call me

Romer
01-31-2008, 05:05 PM
I just talked to him, I'll get him.

treerootCO
01-31-2008, 05:55 PM
me +1

timmbuck2
01-31-2008, 06:02 PM
me - late then leave early for TLCA BOD. :)

Romer
01-31-2008, 11:08 PM
That was awesome. 21 folks for our first Southside get together. I had a blast and Congrats to Chris Hatfield and his new job:thumb:

Shark Bait
01-31-2008, 11:24 PM
Thanks Ken. Nice get together. treeroot's purse clashed with his outfit, but otherwise it was fun. :eek:

Uncle Ben
01-31-2008, 11:40 PM
Very cool! Bummed I had to be responsible! :( :thumb::thumb::cool:

Hulk
01-31-2008, 11:41 PM
Great time. The bill was $475, not counting the extra beers bought at the bar. 20 guys + 1 girl. I think the count might have been more than 21 -- there were a few guys that had left by the time we got around to counting.

RockRunner
01-31-2008, 11:47 PM
Was great fun, prretty cool having our own little area. Can't wait for summer to hit and sit outside........

bh4rnnr
01-31-2008, 11:52 PM
Lots and lots of fun! Thanks again Ken for the ride! Sure enjoyed hanging out with every one again, even if the motorcade made it difficult!:rant: Looking forward to the next gathering.

PS, did the bill get handled ok??? Wanted to make sure I had enough in there:confused:

bskey
02-01-2008, 12:37 AM
PS, did the bill get handled ok??? Wanted to make sure I had enough in there:confused:

+1. I left a bit early and wanted to make sure they took my $$ and put it towards the right bill.

It was great meeting you all! I hope to do it more often and get to know you all better. Soon enough I'll get the B.U.T. (Big Ugly Truck) out on the trail with you all!

:cheers::beer::cheers:

Red_Chili
02-01-2008, 07:40 AM
Ditto. I left $42 for two people, looks like I might be a couple bucks shy.

Romer
02-01-2008, 08:41 AM
The bill was handled fine and it included the tip.

No worries!

nakman
02-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Actually you guys all owe me $10...

wait, how much is that power steering pump again? better make it $15.

But that was lots of fun, and worth the drive down to the scary south side..

corsair23
02-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Was a LOT of fun all :thumb:

I'm not sure I can afford twice a month though :lol:

The bill worked out fine once I learned how to count :eek: Started off ~$100 short and then suddenly we were just a tad over :confused: - :beer: and counting :twocents: must not mix very well :D

Hulk
03-08-2008, 01:49 AM
Next South Side Dinner Night: Thursday, March 20. 6:00 p.m.

Location: The Mill Steakhouse (http://www.millsteakhouse.com/) in downtown Littleton.

Info concerning their beer (http://www.millsteakhouse.com/millbrewery.htm) (made on the premises).

Romer
03-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Cool

Romer
03-09-2008, 10:12 PM
TTT - mmmmm beeeeeerrrrrrrrr

corsair23
03-09-2008, 11:35 PM
As of now I'm in :thumb:

Red_Chili
03-10-2008, 08:25 AM
Jeez, walking distance from my home. How could I not?
:thumb:

RockRunner
03-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Sounds like a good one to hit, I am in as of now.

subzali
03-10-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm gonna try purty hard this time to be in.

Hants
03-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Bummer... we'll be in Kauai. ;)

April looks good, though!

:beer:

nakman
03-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Bummer... we'll be in Kauai. ;)

Yeah that sounds like a real bummer Hants, poor guy. :rolleyes:

Shark Bait
03-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Doubtful I will make this one. If I do it will be late and I'll be bringing my :Princess:.

bh4rnnr
03-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Looks like I can make it:cool: . And it's within walking distance from the light rail:thumb::beer:

Hulk
03-11-2008, 12:53 AM
Bummer... we'll be in Kauai.

Sucks for you. Sorry, man.

Romer
03-12-2008, 11:16 PM
For the newer members, although we joke about South side vs North side, we are a pretty tight club and the side really refers to the location. All are welcome at the dinner and at the breakfasts.

It's all Good

Hulk
03-16-2008, 11:08 PM
Bumpity. This week. :) Info:

Next South Side Dinner Night: Thursday, March 20. 6:00 p.m.

Location: The Mill Steakhouse (http://www.millsteakhouse.com/) in downtown Littleton.

Info concerning their beer (http://www.millsteakhouse.com/millbrewery.htm) (made on the premises).

Hulk
03-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Who is in? This is what I see so far:

Hulk
Romer
corsair23
Red_Chili
RockRunner
subzali
bh4rnnr

Dave? Wes? Cheeseman?

This place isn't too expensive, and the beer is top notch.

wesintl
03-19-2008, 10:28 PM
It's been a rough week.. I'm definitely downing a couple brewsky's

Hulk
03-20-2008, 12:24 AM
Exxx-cellent!

http://rustybrain.com/haha/MrBurns-Excellent.gif

DaveInDenver
03-20-2008, 08:35 AM
It's been a rough week.. I'm definitely downing a couple brewsky's
Been a bad week here, too, no way I'm making it tonight.

Red_Chili
03-20-2008, 12:22 PM
I need to bail. My wife is in the hospital with a sinus hemorrhage. Them who prays, please do so.

subzali
03-20-2008, 12:39 PM
I will Bill. I will also miss tonight too.

Hulk
03-20-2008, 12:48 PM
I'll send up a prayer as well.

Tonight's list, as of 11:48 a.m.:
Hulk
Romer
corsair23
RockRunner
bh4rnnr
Wes
So long as one other person is going to show up, I'll be there.

DaveInDenver
03-20-2008, 12:51 PM
My wife is in the hospital with a sinus hemorrhage. Them who prays, please do so.
What happened? A car wreck, plane flight or some sort of a fall? Is surgery going to be involved soon? Is this a result of cavernoma or was it a trauma? I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers, let us know if there's anything you guys need.

corsair23
03-20-2008, 01:16 PM
I'll send up a prayer as well.

X2...Give the wife all of our best wishes Bill

Red_Chili
03-20-2008, 02:13 PM
It started as a nosebleed, believe it or not.
One worry is that it might involve a tumor. :eek:
It is in a very difficult to access place. They will remove the pressure balloon tomorrow, and will know if emergency surgery will be required then. A stroke is a risk of one surgery approach, chronic pain is a risk of another.
Thanks for your prayers.

Hulk
03-20-2008, 06:39 PM
See you there!

Romer
03-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Now called michaels italian bsitro same location though. Perrys buying

Rezarf
03-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Wow, Bill, keep us posted. We will be praying.

Drew

Red_Chili
03-21-2008, 09:27 AM
The dadgum angio balloon thingie deflated itself and really moisturized Carrie's sinuses with saline yesterday. Must be made in China...

But the ENT came by because of it (really nice Indian American chap, very competent, and I appreciate that he explained everything to me) and this is actually not a bad thing. So it saves removing it today. And the bleeding seems to have stopped.

If all goes well she may come home today. :woot:

Shark Bait
03-21-2008, 09:30 AM
If all goes well she may come home today. :woot:

Fantastic. :clap:

DaveInDenver
03-21-2008, 09:35 AM
If all goes well she may come home today.
That is great news. So that seems like it's not as serious as it could be?

Red_Chili
03-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Not as bad as it might be. Still not certain though. Thank you all for your prayer and support!
:risingsun:

wesintl
03-21-2008, 10:32 AM
We missed you chili esp since we were right in your neighborhood. Glad the mrs's is doing better :thumb:

Romer
03-21-2008, 10:49 AM
We missed you chili esp since we were right in your neighborhood. Glad the mrs's is doing better :thumb:

x2

Red_Chili
03-21-2008, 10:51 AM
I missed you guys too.
I call do-over!

nakman
03-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Great news, Bill. I'm in for the do-over.

wesintl
03-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Beer was good.. Sinatra... well... I'd find another place like Champs etc to conduct SSDC in littleton.

Red_Chili
03-21-2008, 11:51 AM
I kinda like the walking distance thing from LiDo. There is a great sushi place right down the street. Don't like sushi? They have good Japanese food too, including tempura.

Kirin beer is pretty decent. And LARGE.

Champps is fine though.

DaveInDenver
03-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Kirin beer is pretty decent.
Just as an FYI. Kirin has a mutual distribution deal with Anheuser-Busch. That doesn't matter per say, but the Kirin we get here is brewed at the AB brewery in Van Nuys, CA and not in Japan. Last time I looked, I seem to remember the Asahi, Kiuchi and Sapporo beers were still imported from Japan. Although a good memory and beer are often mutually exclusive in precise operation for me. Supposedly our Kirin is very close to the JDM version of the beer, but it's been at least a decade since we got the real deal and I can't say I've ever had a true Japanese Kirin.

nakman
03-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Just as an FYI. Kirin has a mutual distribution deal with Anheuser-Busch. That doesn't matter per say, but the Kirin we get here is brewed at the AB brewery in Van Nuys, CA and not in Japan. Last time I looked, I seem to remember the Asahi, Kiuchi and Sapporo beers were still imported from Japan. Although a good memory and beer are often mutually exclusive in precise operation for me. Supposedly our Kirin is very close to the JDM version of the beer, but it's been at least a decade since we got the real deal and I can't say I've ever had a true Japanese Kirin.

C'mon, Dave, surely you ran across state dependent learning in all that school of yours? :lmao: :beer:

but I agree, if any group needs pure JDM beer it's us.

Red_Chili
03-21-2008, 12:30 PM
Well, OK, they have Sapporo too... :rolleyes:

wesintl
03-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Just order one from MOT if you need OEM :D

DaveInDenver
03-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Well, OK, they have Sapporo too... :rolleyes:
It's tough having to make such difficult decisions, isn't it? Kirin or Sapporo. Yikes, the horror. What ever does one do, my oh my.
but I agree, if any group needs pure JDM beer it's us.
That was my thinking. Glad you noticed the use of JDM talking about beer...

Red_Chili
03-21-2008, 02:11 PM
:lmao::lmao::lmao::Princess:

I too confess to being a beer snob...

Hulk
03-21-2008, 03:15 PM
It was decided at dinner last night that the April dinner club will be at the Wynkoop Brewery downtown, so we can check out Perry's art show before it closes.
http://www.wynkoop.com/

What date should we do this? I'm thinking mid-month. We don't want to get too close to CM, and the art comes off the walls on 4/23.

DaveInDenver
03-21-2008, 03:27 PM
It was decided at dinner last night that the April dinner club will be at the Wynkoop Brewery downtown, so we can check out Perry's art show before it closes.
http://www.wynkoop.com/

What date should we do this? I'm thinking mid-month. We don't want to get too close to CM, and the art comes off the walls on 4/23.
I might suggest Friday 4/11 after about 7PM. My exam that day goes from 8AM to 5PM. Can be safely assumed I'll be happy not long after and peeling-an-Irishman-off-the-pub-floor lit not long after. I'll be at the National Western Complex, so it's on the way...

DaveInDenver
03-22-2008, 08:30 AM
I have it now on a first hand knowledge that the American distributed Asahi Super Dry is brewed in Toronto, Ontario, Canada at the Molson Brewery. But rest assured, the bottle said it was brewed under the strict supervision of Asahi brewers. Sigh. Your man on the street will get to Sapporo ASAP to verify it's originating location.

Speaking of which, I was at the beer store yesterday (Libations at Parker and Arapahoe) and noticed they had a couple of bottles of beer from Aizu Wakamatsu. That's a brewery in Fukushima, about 150 km northeast of Tokyo. So in the interest of bringing this thread jack full circle, Fukushima has a Denso plant that makes A/C parts for Toyota... I had to look that up (I wondered where Fukushima was and just kept following Google links). But the Aizu Wakamatsu beer is the real deal at Libations. IIRC it was their Heukmi, which would be their kurogome beer (a black rice beer, no barley AFAIK). Not heard good things and so I passed on it until I could verify what it was (the label was mostly in Japanese). Speaking of Japanese beer labels, why do they often look like Hello Kitty characters?

BTW, the Aizu website:
http://www.aizubeer.jp/

Anyway, I was restocking a critically low European beer supply, so my quest was primarily German and English beers. Although I did find Baltika, which is a Russian brewery and had to pick up a couple of those (their #4 Original and #6 Porter). So it's European in the broadest sense. The kicker is that guess what beer Baltika brews in St. Petersburg and distributes throughout Russia? Asahi Super Dry. So this post is not just completely random thoughts, that was sort of a completion of a thought, right?

Hulk
03-22-2008, 11:13 AM
...the Aizu Wakamatsu beer is the real deal at Libations. IIRC it was their Heukmi, which would be their kurogome beer (a black rice beer, no barley AFAIK). Not heard good things and so I passed on it until I could verify what it was (the label was mostly in Japanese).

In America, beer is made with rice when they don't want to spend the money on more expensive grains. For example, Busch beer is a rice beer, but Bud is made with a normal mix of grains. Hence the price difference. Neither is something that I drink on a regular basis anymore, but I supported them heartily in college.

DaveInDenver
03-23-2008, 09:43 AM
In America, beer is made with rice when they don't want to spend the money on more expensive grains. For example, Busch beer is a rice beer, but Bud is made with a normal mix of grains. Hence the price difference. Neither is something that I drink on a regular basis anymore, but I supported them heartily in college.
All beer has malt in it and there are very few true rice beers in the USA. Budweiser uses rice as an additive and Busch uses corn. Corn's use in Busch is primarily to make it cheaper and it has minimal effect on the character of the beer. These and similar beers are still based primarily, usually at least 75%, on barley malt but use other grains as a filler (the non-malt fermentable contents are called adjuncts in brewing) so that the relatively more expensive barley content can go down but you still get a sufficient source of starch. It's the starch that is the fermentable sugar the yeast consume.

Using rice, corn or other sources as a filler is generally just a way to make beer cheaper at the commercial level, but they can have specific uses. Oatmeal, millet, potatoes and rye for example are actually quite legitimate adjuncts, like used in an oatmeal stout, for example. Wheat and rice are also very often used in beers for reasons other than just because they are cheaper. Having a high wheat content beer, a Weißbier or wheat beer, gives you a distinct beer. A Weißbier is about 30% to 50% wheat in the grist bill and really aren't any cheaper to make than an all barley beer.

Rice is an odd one because it's usually cheaper than malt and that's often why the big brewers use it. But it also has the ability to lighten up a beer's body and that's partially why it's used in Bud. AB formulated Budweiser to be as non-offensive to as many people as possible and still be economical to make.

Japanese beers often use rice for the same reason, it's availability, and that's why their beers tend to be what's called dry. They have a very crisp bite and taste. Some speciality styles use lots of rice and are closer in truth to sake than beer. If the malt content grows small enough (some are below 25% malt) the Japanese actually have a proper name for it, happoshu. So I dunno if that Heukmi is a total rice nihonshu or if it has malt in it. Not being able to read Japanese, I couldn't figure it out from the label and the Aizu Wakamatsu website wasn't much help, either. I'd heard it was a 100% rice beer (i.e., almost like a low alcohol, carbonated sake), but the more I think about it I'd guess it's just a very low malt content beer. In any case, I've heard it was a pretty brutal beer and so I didn't want to risk $6 on a bomber before looking it up.

BTW, here's the AB fact sheets on their beers:
http://www.anheuser-busch.com/BeerVerified.html

bh4rnnr
03-23-2008, 12:16 PM
I might suggest Friday 4/11 after about 7PM. My exam that day goes from 8AM to 5PM. Can be safely assumed I'll be happy not long after and peeling-an-Irishman-off-the-pub-floor lit not long after. I'll be at the National Western Complex, so it's on the way...

I'm game with whatever dates work.

And as I said at dinner the other night, my offer still stands for the first rounds. Means a lot for you guys to come on down this way:cheers:

DaveInDenver
04-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Since it's official that there is no May club meeting, how about convening the South Side Social Club next Thursday, May 8?

Place: TBD
Time: 6:30PM

Bikeman
04-30-2008, 09:19 PM
I would be game.

bh4rnnr
05-05-2008, 06:30 AM
Since it's official that there is no May club meeting, how about convening the South Side Social Club next Thursday, May 8?

Place: TBD
Time: 6:30PM

I´m game, just depends on where it is at. Hopefully will be recoverd from jet lag.....

Red_Chili
05-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Could be... lemme know where.

RicardoJM
05-05-2008, 09:53 AM
I would be up for stopping by for this after the swim meet. What time? Where?

Hulk
05-05-2008, 11:05 AM
I was planning to go see Was (Not Was) at the Gothic Theater (http://www.livenation.com/event/getEvent/eventId/323778) that night.

Anyone is welcome to join me, but I probably won't make the SSTDC.

Tch2fly
05-05-2008, 11:13 AM
I was planning to go see Was (Not Was) at the Gothic Theater (http://www.livenation.com/event/getEvent/eventId/323778) that night.

Nice:thumb: there is a flashback.
Gonna walk the :zilla: ??

Hulk
05-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Heck yeah!

Bikeman
05-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Bump, need to let the wifey know yea or nea asap.

RicardoJM
05-08-2008, 01:01 PM
I'm likely out.:( The swim meet does not begin until 5:30 and will likely run until 8:30 or 9:00.

Hulk
05-08-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm going to see Was (Not Was) at the Gothic Theater (http://www.livenation.com/event/getEvent/eventId/323778) tonight, unless they are sold out, in which case I'm going to shoot some pool and drink some beer.

edit: I'm an idiot -- the show is next Thursday, 5/15.

I'll be at Cafe Cero (http://www.cafecero.net/) at 6:30. Anyone is welcome to join us for dinner and beer. You can come to the show too if you want.

Cafe Cero is located at
1446 South Broadway Denver, CO 80210
Map (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1446+South+Broadway+Denver,+CO+80210&sll=39.584065,-104.92365&sspn=0.007136,0.010096&ie=UTF8&ll=39.690347,-104.987497&spn=0.056999,0.080767&z=14&iwloc=addr)

See below for updated info.

DaveInDenver
05-08-2008, 02:54 PM
So you going to Cero's tonight and/or 5/15?

Hulk
05-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Dunno. I can go where ever tonight. There's a place to shoot pool just west of Broadway, just north of Hampden. Don't know if they have food.

Any good ideas?

DaveInDenver
05-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Dunno. I can go where ever tonight. There's a place to shoot pool just west of Broadway, just north of Hampden. Don't know if they have food.

Any good ideas?
There's Table Steaks on Floyd St. (north of King Soopers), a block west of Broadway. They have a pretty decent menu IIRC. This is around the corner from the Gothic. Pretty sure the Englenook has a pool table, but nothing like Table Steaks. I've been uber busy the past couple of weeks, so I wasn't planning on doing anything other than working on the truck tonight. I had to go back to St. Louis this weekend and might again in the next couple of weeks, so I need to use my non-work time to finish the pile of stuff I need to do before Rubithon (our trip is somewhat up in the air at the moment, but currently still planning on it).

Hulk
05-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Steak, eh? My wallet is pretty empty after Cruise Moab. How spendy is this place?

So are you working on your truck tonight or are you up for going out? We could just catch a beer somewhere too.

DaveInDenver
05-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Steak, eh? My wallet is pretty empty after Cruise Moab. How spendy is this place?

So are you working on your truck tonight or are you up for going out? We could just catch a beer somewhere too.
'Steaks' as in hamburgers. It's not fancy, it is downtown Englewood after all... I'd call it a huge slightly higher class pool hall with reasonably good food.

http://www.tablesteakssouth.net/index.html

I really should pass on going out, I've only been home a few hours since last Friday and there's a ton of stuff I should do. I'm a massively disorganized scatter brain at the moment.

Hulk
05-08-2008, 03:58 PM
So... 6:30? :D

DaveInDenver
05-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Dude, alright, one beer. Seriously, one beer. I need to stop by the house first, so it'll be right about 6:30.

Hulk
05-08-2008, 05:21 PM
See you there. Anyone else?

wesintl
03-30-2012, 08:47 PM
I think we need to turn this into the southside Beer drinkers club. Once a month we hit a local brewery. There are several around and some farther which we could carpool to :)

I'm thinking to get it started Lone Tree Brewing tomorrow at 8. Anyone?
http://www.lonetreebrewingco.com/

Hulk
03-31-2012, 12:07 AM
I'm a strong maybe. OK to bring my :Princess:, right?

Caribou Sandstorm
03-31-2012, 10:06 AM
Interest sparked

DaveInDenver
03-31-2012, 01:32 PM
If XYLs are coming count us as a maybe, I'll check with the scheduling committee chairperson.

wesintl
03-31-2012, 03:52 PM
doesn't matter to me. that way you can have more beer :)

DaveInDenver
03-31-2012, 04:08 PM
We're committed to something else. Next time.

Hulk
03-31-2012, 07:28 PM
In. See you at 8:00.

Karie wants to know if any other women are coming. She doesn't want to be the only female.

wesintl
03-31-2012, 08:27 PM
well, since the only people that posted were you, dave(out) and davis(haven't heard from) we can cancel or I'll still get a beer if you want.

Hulk
03-31-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm still up for a beer. You could just come over to my place if you want. I have several high hoppy beers from which to choose.

Hulk
03-31-2012, 11:41 PM
Awesome beer. Great company. Let's do it again soon, son.

wesintl
04-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Glad we did it. Pints were had, growlers were filled, can't wait for next time.