PDA

View Full Version : need help valueing

Ali FJ80
01-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Hi guys, came upon a great deal on another vehicle and have a friend who is interested in my 80. I did some research but there is such a wide range as far as pricing goes that I figured I would ask here and see if anyone can help. Not trying to make a killing but just fair deal for him.

Truck specs:
1991 Landcruiser with all options at that time and currently 119,000 miles. No front or rear lockers, OME Medium 2.5" lift kit with coils, shocks, steering damper, caster kit etc.., magnaflow high flow cats and muffler, rock crawler front bumper and nerf bars, new stereo system with 7" touchscreen and sub, 16" wheels with 285/75/16's, and an alarm system with remote start.

Exterior is flawless, never had any body damamge and I had it repainted 2 years ago. Interior is cloth and in great shape, no rips tears at all and has jump seats also. I have all maintenace records and even the window sticker as I got if from the previous owner with everthing. Runs great and everything in the truck works, AC, all electronics etc. Oil has been changed religiously every 3k and it had new o2 sensors also put on when I got it.

Would appreciate any input you guys have as I will be seeing him later tonight.
Thanks,
Ali

FJBen
01-17-2008, 04:33 PM
ugh...thats a tough call.

On one hand you have the less desirable 80...(to most, justified or not)

on the other it's really low miles and looks clean and very well taken care of.

you've got the lift/tires bumpers/stereo and PM on it.

A repaint could be plus or minus to some people.

IMO, which isn't worth much :D I'd expect 7ish to 8 just from the details and the one pic. Thats what I think, I know there are stock ones on CL and the paper for 7K 8K, but I think those are unrealistic.

treerootCO
01-17-2008, 05:13 PM
Lowest price 2,000. Highest price 5,000? Post up some more pictures.

timmbuck2
01-17-2008, 06:44 PM
less desirable 80 series...no lockers...but super clean?! $5kish

Hulk
01-17-2008, 09:23 PM
With all the work you've done, how clean it is, low miles, etc., I was thinking you might be able to ask $6000.

nakman
01-17-2008, 09:24 PM
What's the other vehicle? 95-97? :D

I agree, $5k.

Ali FJ80
01-18-2008, 09:38 AM
thanks for the input guys. The other vehicle is a 99 LX but the more I looked at it the more I realized I like the 80 body better. Maybe its just the plastic bumpers but something about the 470 just rubs me the wrong way. I think for now I am just going to keep the 80 and maybe bite the bullet in a few months and put in 4.88's and call it a day.

Once again thats for help. Instead of asking a price I just let him look the truck over and he actually offered $6500 which I though was verry fair for both of us. Now I have to call him back and say I think I have changed my mind which will probably make him :rant:

Red_Chili
01-18-2008, 09:54 AM
When you do your gears, throw in some selectable lockers! You'll love it.

Uncle Ben
01-18-2008, 01:08 PM
You have a beautiful 80! Have you considered buying a later model with factory lockers them swapping the stock parts with your goodies then selling your 91? Probably would be a cheaper solution to putting even more money into your present 80 and still only having it worth $6k!
thanks for the input guys. The other vehicle is a 99 LX but the more I looked at it the more I realized I like the 80 body better. Maybe its just the plastic bumpers but something about the 470 just rubs me the wrong way. I think for now I am just going to keep the 80 and maybe bite the bullet in a few months and put in 4.88's and call it a day.

Once again thats for help. Instead of asking a price I just let him look the truck over and he actually offered $6500 which I though was verry fair for both of us. Now I have to call him back and say I think I have changed my mind which will probably make him :rant:

Ali FJ80
01-19-2008, 01:02 PM
taking your advice I decided to sell her this morning and my buddy ended up picking up another one yesterday after I told him mine was not for sale any longer. I guess I will try craigslist for $6500 and see what happens.