PDA

View Full Version : Need to sell new laptop to buy RTT

RockRunner
01-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Made a trade with Jenny Cruiser, we are trading a new RTT and changing room for the LT plus some stuff. Thanks for the deal Chad!!

Trying to sell a new laptop to buy a RTT. Send me a PM or email if you are interested in buying or trading.

Jacket
01-19-2008, 09:14 AM
Just an FYI - TRDParts4u is running a special on RTT's. It may not be at the same quality level as a Hannibal or Eezi awn (then again, maybe it is...), but the price can't be beat. And if you call him, you can usually do better than the advertised price.

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71410

Uncle Ben
01-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Just an FYI - TRDParts4u is running a special on RTT's. It may not be at the same quality level as a Hannibal or Eezi awn (then again, maybe it is...), but the price can't be beat. And if you call him, you can usually do better than the advertised price.

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71410

That is the one I have and I really like it! Much higher grade than the previous model they had! Downside is it's a bit smaller than the previous model too!

Romer
01-19-2008, 09:37 AM
Do you know what the price is?

Jenny Cruiser is probably going to get some more and he is going to send me pictures of the newer model which is suppose to be bigger

Uncle Ben
01-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Do you know what the price is?

Jenny Cruiser is probably going to get some more and he is going to send me pictures of the newer model which is suppose to be bigger

I pinged Chado earlier, here is his response:

"Here's the specs on the new Adventure series tent. It's six feet wide by seven feet ten inches. That's bigger (longer) than the pre 2007 Mombasa. The first shipment should be here around the first of the year. The tent alone is almost $300 more than the Expedition series. It looks like a punched out version of the Expedition tent you already have. "

Jenny Cruiser
01-20-2008, 07:33 PM
I can set you up with either the Expedition Series or the Adventure Series tents from Roof Top Tents. Mel has yet to list the new tent on the website, but I can post up some early pics and measurements he sent me a couple months ago. I'll post them up here tomorrow evening hopefully. I've got a weird bug on my computer that's messing with my jpeg files.

You can get the rain fly in three colors, Desert Orange, Camo or Green.

Retail on the Expedition is ~$900. The Adventure is ~$1,200. Ask around and you'll see why people buy from me.;)

My email is tentsontop@yahoo.com if you'd like to reach me there.

RockRunner
01-20-2008, 09:25 PM
I'll take a look at them, problem is I need to sell or trade my laptop first. Are you looking for a new laptop?

Romer
01-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Tom, a friend of my wifes is looking for a laptop. Send me the specs and price via e-mail and I will have her forward it on to him.

RockRunner
01-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Tom, a friend of my wifes is looking for a laptop. Send me the specs and price via e-mail and I will have her forward it on to him.

Will do.

Beater
01-21-2008, 07:00 AM
pm me cost/specs on laptop please

RockRunner
01-21-2008, 08:52 AM
pm me cost/specs on laptop please

Will do.

Jenny Cruiser
01-21-2008, 09:41 AM
I'll take a look at them, problem is I need to sell or trade my laptop first. Are you looking for a new laptop?

I needed one about three months ago, but I'm good for now.:)

Here's a pic and the spec sheet pdf. The Adventure is the one on the left. The Expedition is on the right with the changing room.

:cheers:

RockRunner
01-21-2008, 10:11 AM

Here's a pic and the spec sheet pdf. The Adventure is the one on the left. The Expedition is on the right with the changing room.

Looks good, as ussual I am always a day late...............in this case three months.

Romer
01-21-2008, 06:20 PM

Chad,
Looks like the major difference is it is 17 inches wider than the Expedition. Is that correct?

When do you think you will know on availability (when you will have them)?

Jenny Cruiser
01-21-2008, 08:39 PM
That's right. I should know more on the new tent tomorrow or later this week. :)

Jenny Cruiser
01-25-2008, 03:11 PM
I just heard from Mel that the first shipment of the new tents was delayed. I'll post up when I hear more. :)

Romer
01-25-2008, 03:14 PM
The new tents are the adventure, what about the expeditions. I am thinking if I want to use it on the 80 and the 3rd gen 4runner that the smaller one might be better. What do you think Chad?

Jenny Cruiser
01-25-2008, 03:21 PM
The Expedition fits great up top especially if you want to turn it around and have it open to the rear or front. Personally, I like having it open to the rear best.

If the Expedition is what you need I can get it here anytime. :)

Romer
01-25-2008, 04:27 PM
I liked going out the side so I can get to my Frig.

Would you agree that the Expedition is better for a 4runner, thats my main reason for thinking thats best as I want to be able to run it on my 80 and Rachels 4runner.

PM me a price on the Expedition.

Thanks Chad

Jenny Cruiser
01-28-2008, 04:13 PM
The Expedition would fit fine up on a Four-Runner. I think what I may do is see if there's enough interest for a group buy. I think that would be the best way to pass along a great deal. :)

Uncle Ben
01-28-2008, 05:49 PM
I liked going out the side so I can get to my Frig.

Would you agree that the Expedition is better for a 4runner, thats my main reason for thinking thats best as I want to be able to run it on my 80 and Rachels 4runner.

PM me a price on the Expedition.

Thanks Chad

Going off the rear appealed to me at first but the Expedition is narrower at the hinge side than it is wide. That centers the weight more AND moves the edges inside the roof rack rails greatly protecting it from side of the trail damage. It is nice to have the options! The advantage of it hinged off the back is the open back of your Cruiser is now enclosed in the Changing room giving you complete access to the fridge and supplied as well as a tailgate for changing or????

Jenny Cruiser
01-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Kevin's right. My rack was a bit shorter than his so opening out back saved me space for other junk. Off the rear is also nice if you have a tailgate project such as cooking breakfast in the rain or if an extra tag along wants to sleep in the back with the gate open. My main reason for going off the rear is the vehicle moves less front to back than it does side to side. At CM07 I had rub marks where the changing room touched the side from the 94 rocking in the wind. Also, it's a lot easier for me to level my vehicle front to back - kinda. :hill:

RockRunner
02-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Made a trade with Jenny Cruiser, we are trading a new RTT and changing room for the LT plus some stuff. Thanks for the deal Chad!!

Ken now you need to buy one or maybe two!! We can have a whole RTT camp set up on the Rubiton run, that would make for a great shot.