PDA

View Full Version : Looking to borrow a Nut-Sert tool

Rezarf
01-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Howdy-

Looking to see if anyone would let a brother borrow a nut-sert tool (man, I know that sounds bad :eek: here we go :rolleyes:)

I'd be happy to swap some :beer: for a long weekend if you've got one.

Thanks!

FWIW, I am looking for 3/8-16 and 1/4-16...

Drew :thumb:

corsair23
01-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Group buy? I know us sub-tank folks will need to figure out how to tackle the nutsert issue here in the near future. After reading about the problems Romer had it might be worth buying one. No clue what they cost though :confused:

Rezarf
01-19-2008, 10:48 PM
They are about 50 bucks for the tool and then you need specific mandrels for the size you are using that run around 10-15/each. I might buy one seeing as it could be a great thing to have with some of the metal working I am enjoying now, but if someone has one, I would be up for buying a mandrel thingy and just letting them keep it...

sleeoffroad
01-20-2008, 08:42 AM
There are two kinds. The kind like pliers that use different pieces for different size nutserts. Handy for lighter stuff, but once you get to about 8mm nutserts, it doesn't cut it anymore unless you have a big one.

You can buy the wrench style ones for that application. Search www.mcmaster.com for 'rivet nuts' and you will find what you need.

Rezarf
01-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks Kristo! :thumb:

Drew