PDA

View Full Version : I got accepted!!

Rogue Leader
01-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Not to college but damn close enough. here is where I will be in a year http://www.nols.edu/courses/locations/patagonia/patagoniasemester.shtml . i will be graduating early from High School to go. the only drawback is that all the great and wonderful cruiser mods will be put on hold until i get home.

Sean Jones

Seldom Seen
01-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Congrats :thumb: The Cruiser will be there when you get back, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Go have fun, learn lots and suck the marrow out of life while your still young:bowdown:

corsair23
01-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Thats downright awesome Sean!! CONGRATS

Talk about a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity...Cruiser mods can wait fer sure!

Sounds like a lot of work but a lot of fun as well. Kudos to you for not only graduating early but for getting accepted to do this :thumb:

P.S. Stop picking on the poor freshmen too :lol:

Hulk
01-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Wow! That's cool as all get out. Way to go!

wesintl
01-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Yeap, NOLS is cool and will be a lifetime exp for you. Enjoy and Congrats!

Romer
01-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Congrats and I bet you see some cool cruisers there.

bh4rnnr
01-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Awesome! And Congrats!! Should be an awesome experience for you:beer::beer:

farnhamstj
01-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Congrats. Nols is great experience. Going to Patagonia, sweet...

Rezarf
01-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Congrats! Sounds like quite an experience bro!

Uncle Ben
01-25-2008, 11:37 PM
That is once in a life time AWESOME! Congratulations! :thumb::thumb:

Mendocino
01-26-2008, 12:21 AM
Sean,
You are about to embark on a life defining experience. This may be the most difficult thing you have ever done; but when you are done the personal insight and knowledge of group dynamics will serve you for the rest of your life.

Focus on leadership.

IanB
01-26-2008, 07:14 AM
Congrats man, I have always wanted to do that. NOLS is a great program and you are going to love Argentina.

Rogue Leader
01-26-2008, 08:25 AM
yes it should be loads of fun. the only thing that I am worried about is being able to pay the tuition. the parents will pay half, partially for a senior gift, mostly because it is a semester in college. Anybody want their Cruiser washed?

Disclaimer... No hot women will be there. I wish but it is a long shot

Seldom Seen
01-26-2008, 03:03 PM
yes it should be loads of fun. the only thing that I am worried about is being able to pay the tuition.

Get busy now! Check on the NOLS home page, there is a link to a tuition assistance page. Check with the CMC and AAC for scholarships and grants. Got any favorite gear you use, The North Face, Marmot, Black Diamond??? Drop them a line and see if the manufactures have a scholarship or grant program.

Another great resource would be to seek out Jim Donini. Jim is a Patagonia hard man who has been putting up first ascents down there for over 30 years. Jim now lives in Ouray, he is very approachable and can steer you in the right direction :thumb:

*edit* Here ya go, here's your first step: http://www.nols.edu/courses/pdf/admissionforms/scholarshpapplication.pdf