PDA

View Full Version : crap i'm outta shape.

nuclearlemon
01-26-2008, 08:49 PM
all this cold weather has kept me from working on the rigs...spent all day today at it and man am i sore. i'm sooooo outta wrenchin' shape. did manage to squeeze 3spd gears into a 4spd case, put a locker in the piggie, change the oil/filters in two rigs, start drilling a winch plate and even get some cleaning done in the garage. here are some pics from todays tranny fun. it was kinda gross.

RockRunner
01-26-2008, 09:09 PM
That makes for a busy day, I just moved the in laws...........................yeah

Romer
01-26-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm replacing my power steering pump and lines and I'm feeling my old age and my creaky knees.

PabloCruise
01-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Ige,

I'm a tard - What special tricks do you need to know to put 3 spd gears in 4 spd case?

PabloCruise
01-26-2008, 10:31 PM
My job for the day was replacing a leaky heater core.

What beautiful weather!

subzali
01-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Ew...that t-case is gross.

I know what you mean about being sore after wrenching - until this broken pinion business I haven't had these large blocks of time with my hands on wrenches, and it's a weird feeling being sore because you were playing garage monkey instead of gym rat. :dunno:

nuclearlemon
01-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Ige,

I'm a tard - What special tricks do you need to know to put 3 spd gears in 4 spd case?

extra shims is about it.

SteveH
01-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Good work, Ige!

Having pulled a trans and engine (separately) from one '87 Camry, and starting to do the same on another (for a heart transplant), I value 'cruisers even more.

On front-wheel drive stuff, it appears you have to remove every single front end component to work on anything big. I'll never make statements like 'gee, that wiring sure is in the way' about an FJ40 any more. I got to use the cherry picker I bought from Ige, so all was not lost, here.

Red_Chili
01-28-2008, 11:17 AM
I moved my new Longfields from the front porch to the garage... :rolleyes:

I will get to that as soon as I build Dave's rocksliders. Next at bat after that, front axle rebuild with the Longs. On deck, rock glides for the fenders.

Yeah, sure, like they will get done. I figger my spare time is fully scheduled until CM!

timmbuck2
01-28-2008, 11:26 AM
hmm....weekend consisted of helping Ricardo and Rick with new shackle bushings, finish tearing parts off the pig, yanking the engine and tranny from the pig, hauling it up on Ige (Kevon's) trailer and taking the axles off and getting them wrestled into the garage, take pics and clean up parts, loosen all the shackle bolts on the 40 in preperation for the axle transplant, and work on remodeling my kitchen. Just a typical weekend in the Buchanan household. :)

corsair23
01-28-2008, 12:51 PM
All I did was change the oil and grease the zerks on the :Princess:'s 80

Reminded me again that working on a stock, non-lifted 80, sort of of sucks for us fellas with a little more around the middle section than should be there :hill: