PDA

View Full Version : Seat Belts FS

Shark Bait
01-28-2008, 12:33 AM
I have a pair of lap belts for sale. $50 for the lap belts. :)

RicardoJM
01-28-2008, 07:08 AM
Chris, what do the top of the shoulder belts attach to? The rollbar?

Shark Bait
01-28-2008, 11:06 AM
This is from the CCOT site:

Rogue Leader
01-28-2008, 02:56 PM
I just upgraded and I just bolted them to the rollcage and seats where the old ones were.

subzali
01-28-2008, 03:14 PM
I'll take the shoulder belts Chris, mine are nice but they drive me nuts. Yours look like they're in good shape too; my old ones were frayed.

corsair23
01-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but on the older model year stock roll bars, there is no provision for attaching the shoulder belt to the roll bar. So, you must fab up a mount. This is also true AFAIK for aftermarket cages like I have...No attachment point for the shoulder belt :( - I've also read where on some of the later model years Toyota put the shoulder belt attachment point on the hard top so you lost your front belts when you took the top off...

I asked Ron at RMC once if the later model shoulder belt attachment points were removeable as that would be a quick and easy option. IIRC he stated they were not. Options he presented to me back then were to just drill all the way through the cage or to have a tab welded to the cage. Someday I need to get my 40 down to Jim to have him weld me on some tabs :) - I don't know why but I have an adversion to drilling holes into my cage...

Sorry to hijack your for sale thread Chris so consider this a bump as well :thumb:

Hulk
01-28-2008, 05:45 PM
I've also read where on some of the later model years Toyota put the shoulder belt attachment point on the hard top so you lost your front belts when you took the top off...

FWIW: Mine is an '81, and the shoulder belts attach to the roll cage.

Shark Bait
01-28-2008, 11:44 PM
Would one of you guys with the belts mounted to the roll cage mind taking a picture or two of the mounting tab and measurements of it and posting it up? TIA

Matt, the shoulder belts are yours! Let me know if you want to meet, or maybe I can just bring them to the meeting.

corsair23
01-29-2008, 01:35 AM
Would one of you guys with the belts mounted to the roll cage mind taking a picture or two of the mounting tab and measurements of it and posting it up? TIA

Only have pics left from my '76, never took any measurements...

subzali
01-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Chris, I can wait for the meeting if that works for you. I will probably be at the Southside meeting, not 100% sure yet. Jeff - that's pretty much how mine mount on my '77.

Shark Bait
01-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Only have pics left from my '76, never took any measurements...

Thanks Jeff, I'm particularly interested in the lower bracket mount.

Chris, I can wait for the meeting if that works for you. I will probably be at the Southside meeting, not 100% sure yet. Jeff - that's pretty much how mine mount on my '77.

I'll bring them Thursday. :D

corsair23
01-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks Jeff, I'm particularly interested in the lower bracket mount.

Ah, got ya. Probably can't help there then since the 40 is in CA last I heard :hill:

But, I'm sure one of the other folks with later model 40s will take some pics and measurements :thumb:

Rogue Leader
01-29-2008, 04:16 PM
I've mounted the same way to the rollbar on mine. ill take pics when I get home from work

Shark Bait
02-26-2008, 12:55 AM
The lap belts are still available. :)