PDA

View Full Version : FJ40 Fuel Filter to Fuel Pump Hose

RicardoJM
01-28-2008, 07:46 AM
Rick and I (well Rick was doing the work) went to put in a new fuel filter yesterday afternoon. At some point in the past a PO picked up a fuel filter that has barbs on both ends. So they cut off the fuel filter connector from one end of the hose and clamped it onto the barb end of the filter.

The new filter has a barb on one end and threads on the other, so we are looking for a hose that has threaded connectors on both ends. SOR has these new for $50 and used for $20, but we thought it might be worth checking here to see if someone has this part in their stash they would like to sell.

Here is a link to a picture of the hose and filter. We connected the threaded end up to the filter in this picture - turns out the threads on the filter and fuel pump are the same size.
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/ricardojm/fuelfilterhose.JPG

timmbuck2
01-28-2008, 07:48 AM
The 55 at Sidewinder has a F motor in it...probably worth a look?

T

ianacole
01-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Does it need to be stock? It may be something that can be found in the "performance" section of Checkers or Advanced Auto Parts. Summit may carry something as well.

RicardoJM
01-28-2008, 09:47 AM
No it does not have to be stock. That is a great suggestion to look in that performance section - so long as the threads match up, fuel can run through it and the connection is tight it would work just as well as an older one.

Rzeppa
01-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Ricardo, I ran into the same issue with my 71. The stock 71 uses a threaded fitting at one end. You can do what I did (use the later model filter which has barbs), or you can get the hose section that has the threads. I think I have an extra used fuel hose that has the threads, came with a pile of parts someone gave me, you're welcome to it. No idea on condition, probably fine. I also have a new-in-box fuel filter for that vintage :-)

RicardoJM
01-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Jeff if you could bring it with the body mount to the meeting next week that would be great. Before/after the meeting I could by you a :beer:

theboomboom
01-31-2008, 01:46 PM
Jeff if you could bring it with the body mount to the meeting next week that would be great. Before/after the meeting I could by you a :beer:

buy him a beer? do we need to go through this again old man ;)