PDA

View Full Version : If I wait another 9 years I could be driving it?

corsair23
01-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Saw a post about this 80 on MUD. 25 years on the age of a vehicle that loosens up the import rules, correct? So I could buy it now and just wait until 2017 to drive it? :hill:

Assuming this rig is on the up and up (reportedly a '92 with under 49K kms on it) it looks like it JUST came off the truck from the factory. I think I would like having this 80, even if I did have to sit on the wrong side to drive :rolleyes:

http://zenautoworks.ca/Current%20Stock%20Units/LC%20VX.htm

Some teaser pics :thumb:

wesintl
01-28-2008, 05:51 PM
If there is a will there is a way.. wife didn't want to drive a RHD vehicle :o

Jenny Cruiser
01-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Nice. Looks like it's got it all, but rear air and the winch.:cool:

RockRunner
01-28-2008, 10:52 PM
A few mods and you could be driving it now. How is that bank account looking???

corsair23
01-29-2008, 02:05 AM
A few mods and you could be driving it now. How is that bank account looking???

Empty but I guess I could spend that big infusion we are getting this summer :D

Wes implies, I think, that it is possible to bring this down but AFAIK the vehicle needs to be 25 years or older. Of course, I know nothing about importing RHD diesel vehicles into the states and there is no way I can afford that rig. Post on MUD said the price was in the $22-$23K range (assuming Canadian $$). I guess I could sell my LX, the :Princess:'s 80, and go for it :hill:

What really struck me was how amazingly clean it looks. Yeah, it only has 49K kms on it but it is 16 years old. Thing looks like it just arrived new at the showroom :thumb:

subzali
01-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Most of the JDM trucks are that way, nice and clean. As far as importing it, I'm not even sure they will let you bring it across the border unless it's 25 (not including Canadian spec trucks). They'll make you cut the frame (at least). I think.