PDA

View Full Version : 80 Series Windshield Washer Squirter Tech...

corsair23
01-31-2008, 04:38 PM
Yep, all these high tech discussions about the 80 series are probably amazing the non-80 owners I'm sure :D

Anyway, saw this post (http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/202696-highlander-windshield-squirter-upgrade.html) on MUD the other day talking about an upgrade to the 80 series squirters...Pretty tragic about the guys father-in-law :(

Anyway, I've never been impressed by either my LX's or my 80's windshield washer squirters...I get a good "stream" but pretty crappy spread. Anyone ever upgrade their squirters to something with a better pattern? Sounds like the '01 Highlander squirters fit no problem and offer an improved spread (3 streams vs. 2).

It would be the shiz to have the even newer style squirters that throw out a real good spread (like a spray bottle spread) :thumb:

It is the little things in life you know and if just the nozzles are cheap and a direct fit that is my kind of mod :hill:

sno bored
02-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Looks like someone found the part # and prices. http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/202696-highlander-windshield-squirter-upgrade.html

farnhamstj
02-02-2008, 10:31 PM
My bosses suburban has sprayers built into the wipers. I always thought that would be a cool addition to a cruiser. That and Rover wipers to the headlights.

jjhancock
07-22-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm gonna bump this thread back up to the top as my PS squirter bit the dust last week. I figure if I'm going to have to pull the hood insulation to tackle this problem, then I may as well upgrade the nozzles themselves. Did anybody actually go ahead with the '01 Highlander squirter upgrade? Also, I hear it's a PITA to remove the hood insulation... I would assume that I should probably get some new clips for the hood insulation when I order the nozzles from CDan unless somebody knows of a trick?

nuclearlemon
07-22-2008, 01:31 PM
i did it. it's ok, but not great...wider pattern, but still low pressure. i didn't remove the hood insulation, i just cut small sections out where the nozzles were. very easy to cut two small squares out.

Hulk
07-22-2008, 06:01 PM
Hmmm. Must have missed this thread the first time. Ige, bring your 80 to the next RS meeting so we can operate your squirters and check 'em out.