PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl

powderpig
02-02-2008, 07:32 PM
I have a question for you guys. I have done a google search and found nothing yet. But my question surrounds the superbowl. We elected not to have regular TV or Cable in the new house. And was wondering if the anyone knows if the superbowl will be streaming on the net any where. I thought I could hook the lap top to the big screen if it was. It really is not a huge thing, but more of a techie cool thing:thumb: if it was. Anyhow if any one know????:confused: Thanks in advance. Later Robbie

RockRunner
02-02-2008, 07:39 PM
NFL net work may carry it but it will cost you $$ Not sure of any other sites, to much money involved to let it online free since the adds can not be shown online.

Hants
02-02-2008, 10:07 PM
If you're up for a drive, you're welcome to come watch it here (Monument). Bigscreen HD and plenty of grog & grub.

:beer:

powderpig
02-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the Offer Hants, we have one kid getting over being sick and one just starting getting sick. Some day soon we will have to come down and see the family and the digs. But this weekend is not a good time for that. I just got over 102-103 temps on friday(it was a long day of eyes shut just hopeing for the day to go by. This was the primary motivation for seeing if the SB was being streamed some where. Anyhow not really a big thing, just a GAPT that we miss often. Later Robbie

Hants
02-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Bummer the bug is making the rounds in your house... we had it over Christmas and New Years.

The only way I know of to get the game live would be TV or Radio. It's possible there will be a pirate rebroadcast you can locate, but its unlikely to be timely. You might see if there is a torrent available if you want to live on the wild side...

calphi27
02-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Can't you get fox over a set of rabbit ears?

DaveInDenver
02-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Can't you get fox over a set of rabbit ears?
That's how we roll, rocking the set top antenna on our 10 year old TV. Yes, you can watch the Super Bowl live via over the air channel 31.

powderpig
02-03-2008, 12:25 PM
I will try the old rabbit ears, I had tried earlier this year, but the hills seem to not give us that great of reception. Thanks for the great ideas. Robbie

Uncle Ben
02-03-2008, 01:14 PM
I will try the old rabbit ears, I had tried earlier this year, but the hills seem to not give us that great of reception. Thanks for the great ideas. Robbie

Robbie,
We have no plans either so if ya want you know your more than welcome to come on down. Also, if you want, load up Skype on your laptop and I can set up my vid cam and Skype in front of the TV and you can watch it that way....whatever you need man! ;)

Uncle Ben
02-03-2008, 09:33 PM
I really did not want New England to win but to be honest I didn't expect them to lose! That was one of the best football games I've ever seen! Still can't believe it.....:eek: :bowdown: Eli Manning!!!!!!

wesintl
02-03-2008, 09:37 PM
I couldn't believe it either, It was a good game. I'm happy for Eli and all the **** he had to take. I told the boston native and pats fan that sits behind me on friday that if the Giants offense can stay on the field and keep it close they'll win.

So much for the perfect season...

only thing worse than a boston win is a ny win :rolleyes:

ginericLC
02-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Being a Packer fan, I was happy that the Giants won. It really was a good game. The 4th quarter drives by both teams kept it exciting.

RockRunner
02-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Eli's last set of plays showed how bad he wanted to win, he pulled free from 2 big lineman. Definitely one of the top three super bowls I have seen. Did not think they would win but remember they did hold the Pats of during the regular season, nearly beat them.

It did show a lack of class by the Pats coach running of the field before the game officially ended. Took away even more from their season in my mind.

powderpig
02-04-2008, 07:37 AM
I am suprised at the out come. I tried several things, even downloading a software program that said I could get tv on the mac. Well I waisted my time, but no money(all demo, time limited software). Thanks for the offer Kevin, did not see it until this morning. Rabbit ears did not work. It was not that big a deal, but would of been nice to see. See you all soon at the meeting. later Robbie