PDA

View Full Version : Back in action....

acon40
02-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Hey guys. Well, after the looong trip Emily had to Oz and the house being controlled by the dogs and finally getting back on track.... I'm back.

let me start off by saying how happy I am with the truck. I had a buddy in from Jersey Sunday in Gunnison. Long story short, drove up Sat night, got there at 12:30am, slept for four hours, drove back to Boulder, hung out, drove back to Gunnison Sunday night, stuck around for ten minutes and drove back to Boulder finally getting in at 6am. What a drive! Anyway, the point is I was VERY happy with how the truck felt in the long drive and going over Monarch Pass three times in that big snow storm was intense, but the truck never let me down at all! Oil pressure dropped down super low and I need to look into that, but other then the inside of the windows icing up..... it worked really well. I can't wait to put the lift on and have the truck a little stiffer as the turns got fun.

One gripe I did have was gas. With all the sub tank items (will be contacting you guys in a day or so when I catch up) I want to set this up as the first trip I drove the VW Tdi. $35 for gas round trip. So nice. The second time with the truck.....haha maybe $100 roughly. So I am looking forward to that.

Long story short...... was not what I thought it would be like and I was very happy.... other then being up for 34 hours ;)

Time to play catch up on the pms.

Crash
02-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Window icing: did you have fresh air from the outside coming through the heater system or were you recirculating the inside air? Makes a huge difference to have fresh air from the outside to keep condensation on the windows from building. Also, turn on the A/C in the defrost mode to dry up condensation on windows. Both modes help considerably.

Hulk
02-06-2008, 01:03 PM
With all the sub tank items (will be contacting you guys in a day or so when I catch up)

So all the sub tank stuff is here?

farnhamstj
02-09-2008, 08:01 AM
We pretty much just don't open the windows on my rig from Nov to March. They're frozen that time of year. I park outside.

Uncle Ben
02-09-2008, 08:10 AM

X2??????????????????:confused:

corsair23
02-11-2008, 03:22 PM

X2??????????????????:confused:

X3 :confused: :D

How did Emily enjoy the trip to Oz and did she bring back some goodies? :hill:

RockRunner
02-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Aacon, are you still interested in the amps? I was waiting to hear back from you before I put them up for grabs on the forum. LMK please, need some cash for projects on the way.

Jenny Cruiser
02-15-2008, 10:00 AM
:bored: :bump:

corsair23
02-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Double :bump:

Hulk
02-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Yep.

Uncle Ben
02-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Sooooo Acon.....don't you think it would be nice for some communication to happen? :rolleyes: