PDA

View Full Version : half a roof down

nuclearlemon
02-09-2008, 01:26 PM
south side is done, north side is still a tad damp, but with the wind and the warm weather should be ready to go tomorrow. i'm pre-cutting the roofing today.

after the first half, i gotta say, an acetone bath sounds better than even the best sex:eek::hill:

oh, and thank you god for creating cold ap roofing cement. that stuff spreads like warm butter. being a child who always liked mud, i had to play, so i put on nitrile gloves and spread it by hand

ok, uncle ben, what do you have to say to that :D

nuclearlemon
02-09-2008, 09:17 PM
it ain't pretty, but it's on. man i hate roofing.

south side was easy, just laid the new over the old, but north side was in hideous shape, buckling everywhere, so i had to strip it completely.

i will dang near bathe in 90wt and rewash clothes and wear them again, but first thing i did was pitch my pants. i never want to see them again. :eek:

took a long bath in dish soap to get the tar off and man did it feel good. feels better knowing i dont' have to do that again.

tomorrow, i will get equally nasty though...need to finish packing birfs and cleaning 10year old grease/gunk/not-even-sure-what-the-hell-it-is.

Rezarf
02-09-2008, 09:53 PM
No pics Ige? Glad you got it done. :D

nuclearlemon
02-10-2008, 11:29 AM
No pics Ige? Glad you got it done. :D

well of course :)

Hulk
02-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Great work! That's gotta be one of the nastiest jobs ever.

Rezarf
02-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Looks GREAT! Man, I thought 90wt was bad... TAR! :eek: can't imagine... before you know it you will have another classic picture covered in Tar and not the 90wt you were covered in at moab :D