PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 80 sliders, arb

timmbuck2
02-13-2008, 11:01 AM
That's all. oh, and a lift!

Just realized the Moab pre-run is in 2 weeks! :eek:

Guess for this run I just need the sliders, but everything else was on my to do list anyway. Still plan on the 40 for Moab and Rubithon, but want the 80 ready just in case.

Thanks all.

T

motoloco
02-14-2008, 02:04 AM
I have a set of 80 series sliders. will req. some weld on mounts. $200

timmbuck2
03-02-2008, 07:25 PM
after the Moab pre-run, I am pretty sure I want to get th 80 built up. A lift would be great from any of you upgrading soon! :) rear bumper, arb front. winch, that should just about do it. :) oh, and 33's.

T

Beater
03-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Tim -

for the rear bumper, if you are not going to go past 33's, and you can afford the inside space, building a rear is pretty straight forward. Or contact sror for a plain rear bumper option. If I didn't have a dog, I would never have had a tire carrier. For the front, you can get by with tastefully cutting the front bumper to allow better approach..

just some thoughts.

timmbuck2
03-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Hmm...want to help me build a rear bumper? :) I do not plan on bigger than 33's on this 80. No problem this weekend with the front bumper, but I was pretty conservative with my lines and approaches. Thanks John, the sliders held very well, in fact the passenger side got bent up a little on Metal Masher from most of the weight of the 80 resting on that side. :)

T

Tim -

for the rear bumper, if you are not going to go past 33's, and you can afford the inside space, building a rear is pretty straight forward. Or contact sror for a plain rear bumper option. If I didn't have a dog, I would never have had a tire carrier. For the front, you can get by with tastefully cutting the front bumper to allow better approach..

just some thoughts.

Beater
03-03-2008, 09:27 AM
bent where? on the slider part or the mount part?

timmbuck2
03-03-2008, 09:43 AM
the whole rear of the slider is bent up enough to touch the rear door. not enough to stop the door from opening, it just rubs. I almost could not get out of the truck last night after 6 hours on I70 with all the sludge freezing on the sliders!! :)

T

Beater
03-03-2008, 11:54 AM
We can put it back. Let me know when. Send me a pic via email

Hulk
03-03-2008, 02:25 PM
I do not plan on bigger than 33's on this 80. -Timm

Somebody needs to add this to their signature. Famous last words (I think I said the same thing 2 years ago).

:lmao:

Uncle Ben
03-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Somebody needs to add this to their signature. Famous last words (I think I said the same thing 2 years ago).

:lmao:

Great documentation Hulk! :lmao::lmao: .....and thus it begins.....

timmbuck2
04-01-2008, 01:20 PM
So none of you 80 owners are upgrading your lift before Moab? Guess that means I need to go write a check to Mr. Slee. :) Still planning on getting the 40 ready for Rubithon but would be nice to be a little more prepared for Moab with the 80.

T

Hulk
04-01-2008, 01:35 PM
So none of you 80 owners are upgrading your lift before Moab? Guess that means I need to go write a check to Mr. Slee. :) Still planning on getting the 40 ready for Rubithon but would be nice to be a little more prepared for Moab with the 80.

T

Stay tuned, Mr. Timm. How big a lift are you looking for?

timmbuck2
04-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Stay tuned, Mr. Timm. How big a lift are you looking for?

enough lift to get me over some more rocks in Moab but small enough that the wife does not notice....much ;)

Hulk
04-01-2008, 01:44 PM
enough lift to get me over some more rocks in Moab but small enough that the wife does not notice....much ;)

If you're planning on 33s, then I may be able to help you out.

timmbuck2
04-01-2008, 02:00 PM

You are correct, sir.

Uncle Ben
04-01-2008, 02:15 PM

I suspect he would like to get some that have a trace of a tread pattern though! :eek: :rolleyes:

Hulk
04-01-2008, 02:18 PM
I was talking about the lift. When I'm done with those 33s, he can have them for free if he wants them. They're certainly at the end of their life.

Uncle Ben
04-01-2008, 02:32 PM
I was talking about the lift. When I'm done with those 33s, he can have them for free if he wants them. They're certainly at the end of their life.

OIC....you certainly got your money out of them! They were the ones I sold ya aren't they? Matt, your trucks gonna look incredible with 35's! :thumb:

Hulk
04-01-2008, 02:40 PM
OIC....you certainly got your money out of them! They were the ones I sold ya aren't they? Matt, your trucks gonna look incredible with 35's! :thumb:

Yep, they were your barely used BFG A/Ts that came with your 80. I've worn the rubber off 'uv 'um. I still thank you for giving me a great deal on them -- I was exceptionally broke at the time.

Didn't you tell me that there was a black 80 at a junkyard somewhere around here? I need to go see if the rear hatch is in better shape than mine -- mine is getting bubbly from rust under the paint at the rear lower left corner.

Uncle Ben
04-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Yep, they were your barely used BFG A/Ts that came with your 80. I've worn the rubber off 'uv 'um. I still thank you for giving me a great deal on them -- I was exceptionally broke at the time.

Didn't you tell me that there was a black 80 at a junkyard somewhere around here? I need to go see if the rear hatch is in better shape than mine -- mine is getting bubbly from rust under the paint at the rear lower left corner.

I think it was at Yota Yard!