PDA

View Full Version : BRD Meeting 2/21/08

subzali
02-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Just so nobody can claim that they were in the dark, next Thursday! 5pm (that's for me :lmao:) at the BRD office in N. Boulder!

timmbuck2
02-15-2008, 09:29 AM
I will be attending...will want to review our Jenny Creek past activities before the meeting just to get up to date...

subzali
02-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Agenda:

All,
Next meeting, Thursday February 21st at 5:00pm.
Boulder Ranger District Office, 2140 Yarmouth Ave, Boulder 303-541-2500.

*Calendar of Events for projects*
http://www.hightrails.org/cgi-bin/calendar.pl?calendar=BoulderRD

Agenda:
1) Schedule Next Meeting - All

2) Grants
Lefthand Restoration Grants, update (Colleen) Lefthand Challenge Route B Grant, update (Shawn)

3) 4WD Road Signing projects
Bunce School Road (Adam)
Lefthand area, April 26th, 9:00am, Lefthand entrance (Adam) Jenny Creek road signing project update (Bill M)

4) Adopt-A-Road Projects / Volunteer Projects Jumbo Mountain access, status (Dave B) Gold Lake Road 372.1 status (Adam) Miller Rock Adopt-A-Road agreement (Adam) Taylor Mnt. gate bypass, buck and rail project (Glenn) Lefthand 286 level 2 road maintenance (Brian) Lefthand 286 "Squeeze" road work (Adam)

5) Motorized Trail Signing project (Bill H/ Dave K) Planning for future motorized trail projects

6) Rollins Pass - (Mark)
County Agreement status, Visitor Center status

7) Restoration Projects, FS
Lefthand Restoration - Fireman Hill reroute (Brian)

8) Bunce School Road - (Glenn)
Private property fencing, update

9) Lump Gulch fuels project.

Any new issues or concerns to work on, or Forest Service projects related to Boulder Ranger District motorized recreation. - All

Forest Service projects list are online at http://www.fs.fed.us/sopa/state-level.php?co
Scroll down to find the forest your interested in.
---------------------------------------------
On Hold 2008:
1) Sugarloaf Single Track.
2) Gillespie Gulch access.
3) Transportation Rule, MVU Map.
4) Lefthand Travel Implementation plan.
---------------------------------------------

Last Meeting:
2) Grants
Lefthand Restoration grant (Colleen)
Project on Sept 20th to restore upper creek and Fireman Hill after reroute. Have $100K in inkind match.
Lefthand Challenge Route grant (Shawn)
Proposal draft completed, being reviewed.

3) Road Signing
Bunce School Road, cleanup of existing signing. Need to plan a project date.
Lefthand, need new numbers for user routes that get added to the system. Project planned for April 26, 9:00am.
Jenny Creek Road signing. MVU Map will dictate the roads that can be signed.

4) Adopt-A-Road / Project
Gold Lake FDR372 project proposal being updated.
Taylor Mnt. gate issue. Forest Service will re-fence at gate.
Lefthand FDR286 to the "Squeeze", level 2 maintenance completed.

5) Lefthand Motorized Trails (Bill, Dave) Project to sign new motorcycle routes and sign trailheads. April 26th, 9:00am.

6) Rollins Pass (Mark)
Still work in county agreement. Moving School House to new site, May.
Will be the Visitor Center. Working with FS on one way traffic over pass. Creating a web site for Historic Society.

7) Restoration Projects (Brian)
Fireman Hill FDR286.D reroute of hill climb to switchbacks.
Some roads in Lefthand will get Level 2 maintenance this year. Castle Gulch to Upper 5 points and upper part of FDR286.

------------------------
Mission/Direction:
To coordinate and implement volunteer projects on the Boulder Ranger District related to the maintenance of OHV recreation.
Education - Restoration - Information Test for projects: is it signing? erosion control? restoration?
keeping the public on the route? education? re-establishing closures of previous decisions?

timmbuck2
02-21-2008, 11:56 AM
who will be attending? I will be there.

T

subzali
02-21-2008, 12:12 PM
I think work is going to keep me late tonight...:(

Red_Chili
02-21-2008, 01:01 PM
I will be there.

AxleIke
02-21-2008, 03:48 PM
I apologize folks, but I am still way too sick to come. I thought I might be doing well enough to show up, but its all I can do to get from bed to the computer.

I think you are all better off as I won't be there spreading the plague to any of you.

ArloGuthroJeep
03-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Bill, or anyone else, when is the next meeting? Wasn't able to make the first two this year:(

Red_Chili
03-03-2008, 08:02 AM
3/20/08, 5pm

ArloGuthroJeep
03-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Thanks Bill:)