PDA

View Full Version : Housing options near Englewood?

Rezarf
02-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Howdy-

My sister is considering a job in Englewood and she asked me what communities to consider when shopping for a home. She is single, so townhomes/condo's/flats are probably what she will be most interested.

It is cool to think I might have family in town! :D

Thanks-

DRew

DaveInDenver
02-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Where in Englewood is her job?

Townhome-wise, if I was doing it right now I'd probably look near Hampden and Santa Fe. Between the existing light rail (i.e. no driving downtown!) and the building they are doing on the Super Target and the old Cinderella City Drive-In (RIP), that area will probably safely go up in value due to popularity. For a townhome I think that's is important, increasing value and ability to actually sell it.

Otherwise, we found that being closer than 2 blocks to Broadway is generally bad. Stay east of Grant on that side. On the west, the neighborhoods vary because they get close to the railroad tracks and there's a lot of industry. Stay south of about Quincy on the west side of Broadway. If she's working nearer to the DTC, the area bounded by Belleview, University, Hampden and Logan is pretty darn nice because of Cherry Hills CC. South of Belleview there are some nice neighborhoods, too.

Would she consider the southern edge of Denver? There are a number of condos and townhomes going in along the southeast light rail line between Broadway and Evans. Lots of hipsters and college students. I live in this area, although we are decidely not hip.

subzali
02-15-2008, 09:51 AM
I've been looking at the area around Craig Hospital or even all the way up by DU; they are building some new apartments/condos up there and it's probably $$ but not a bad place to live, being close to a nice college campus and all, keeps the riffraff out from what I gather.

DaveInDenver
02-15-2008, 10:08 AM
I've been looking at the area around Craig Hospital or even all the way up by DU; they are building some new apartments/condos up there and it's probably $$ but not a bad place to live, being close to a nice college campus and all, keeps the riffraff out from what I gather.
Didn't work so good, they let us in (we're near Evans and Downing).

subzali
02-15-2008, 10:35 AM
I know, I thought about writing the same thing, I've been hanging out around Iliff and University a lot lately! :lmao:

nakman
02-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Tell her to live downtown and take the light rail to work. What young single girl wants to go out on the town in Englewood? :confused:

Red_Chili
02-15-2008, 01:15 PM
I live in this area, although we are decidely not hip.
New sig line, who's gonna put it in their sig? :lmao:

Uncle Ben
02-15-2008, 01:19 PM
New sig line, who's gonna put it in their sig? :lmao:

Nailed it....

Rezarf
02-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Not exactly sure where her new job might be, she is still in the early planning phases. She likes the idea of moving out west (Florida currently). However, when she comes she wanted to look around and I have no idea on them parts of the woods. The closer she can be to the north side, the more we can see each other and that is part of the plan, but even south denver makes for an easy visit.

Thanks guys, keep it coming. :thumb:

Drew

Hulk
02-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Tell her to live downtown and take the light rail to work. What young single girl wants to go out on the town in Englewood? :confused:

X2. Maybe Perry can provide advice on downtown livin'. He could at least provide a free beer at the Wynkoop.

Ah, beer. Maybe I will have one now. :)

bh4rnnr
02-17-2008, 07:54 PM
X2. Maybe Perry can provide advice on downtown livin'. He could at least provide a free beer at the Wynkoop.

Ah, beer. Maybe I will have one now. :)

Drew,

Would be happy to help where I can with D-town. Currently, i'm renting under the affordable housing, where I can only make so much a year. So rent is fairly cheep with that. There are a number of areas that do the Affordable, just a matter of finding them. Theres also a lot of Buildings to rent in down here. And with the Light Rail, it's easy getting to work. :beer::beer:

Rezarf
02-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Thanks Perry, my sis said 20 people applied for the position so she isn't holding her breath. Guess Denver is the place to be :D

:thumb: Thanks!