PDA

View Full Version : tax refund

74fj40
02-17-2008, 04:45 PM
what are you going to get with yours?

RicardoJM
02-17-2008, 04:47 PM
A small rubber washer to put on my distributor post so my FJ40 will start...

ScaldedDog
02-17-2008, 06:34 PM
What is this "refund" of which you speak?

Mark

Seldom Seen
02-17-2008, 06:46 PM
What is this "refund" of which you speak?

Yea, if you're getting a refund you're not managing your money wisely.

74fj40
02-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Yea, if you're getting a refund you're not managing your money wisely.

I'm 17. Indulge me in how I should be handling my taxes.

74fj40
02-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Ricardo - did it work?
A small rubber washer to put on my distributor post so my FJ40 will start...

theboomboom
02-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Ricardo - did it work?

like a champ. it started up while he was holding the wire to try a spark test :lmao:

I wrote exempt on my w-whatever because of my age and income, i'll have to see if i end up owing anything.

bh4rnnr
02-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Getting one of these (http://www.equipt1.com/h/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,302/category_id,136/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,31/) bad boys:cool::D:beer:

bskey
02-17-2008, 11:53 PM
I owed $280... so I am getting a stamp to mail in the check.

lfd270ben
02-18-2008, 12:56 AM
I owed $280... so I am getting a stamp to mail in the check.

That's not to bad evidently I am really bad with my taxes cause I owe 1200$:eek:

Hulk
02-18-2008, 01:52 AM
Getting one of these (http://www.equipt1.com/h/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,302/category_id,136/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,31/) bad boys:cool::D:beer:

Um, what truck are you going to put it on? I thought you had forgotten how to drive.

bh4rnnr
02-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Um, what truck are you going to put it on? I thought you had forgotten how to drive.

The 4runner. Hope to have it ready for the Ghost Town Run:cool:

And I can still drive, just not very often.....

DaveInDenver
02-18-2008, 09:10 AM
That's not to bad evidently I am really bad with my taxes cause I owe 1200$:eek:
We try and owe the most we can without getting penalties. I figure I'd rather sit on a $1000 and get that extra $0.82 in interest than let the gov'ment withhold it and get nothing.

RockRunner
02-18-2008, 09:53 AM
At 17 getting a refund is a good thing. At 37 getting a refund is nice but not a good thing as the man has your money. I am sure somebody will tell you how to get your tax return to $0 but in my opinion at 17 getting a "bonus check" is not all that bad, much better than paying.

corsair23
02-18-2008, 01:09 PM
I've been doing it "wrong" forever :hill:

I just like not owing and getting a little "bonus" to kick start the year. Yeah, I know the "man" is using my $$ for free and I could be saving the money and getting interest (which I'll get taxed on) but I'm just not that disciplined...I know if I had the extra $$ that is taken out I'd just spend it on something :)

Call it "forced savings" with no interest if you like, but the flip side for me would probably be having to take out a loan to pay my tax liability :eek: sadly I know a lot of people like this that take out a loan each year to pay their tax liability and each year they get deeper into debt.

I also like to rationalize to myself I'm just getting myself ready for the day my deductions are gone (kids, mortgage interest, etc.) and my tax liability is much larger :hill:

Hulk
02-18-2008, 01:47 PM
We try to get it as close to 0 as possible. I don't want the gubmint to be using my money for a year, but I don't want to have to dig deep when tax time hits either.

At least I'm not making quarterly payments anymore.

Maddmatt
02-18-2008, 08:29 PM
I've been doing it "wrong" forever :hill:

I just like not owing and getting a little "bonus" to kick start the year. Yeah, I know the "man" is using my $$ for free and I could be saving the money and getting interest (which I'll get taxed on) but I'm just not that disciplined...I know if I had the extra $$ that is taken out I'd just spend it on something :)

Call it "forced savings" with no interest if you like, but the flip side for me would probably be having to take out a loan to pay my tax liability :eek: sadly I know a lot of people like this that take out a loan each year to pay their tax liability and each year they get deeper into debt.

I also like to rationalize to myself I'm just getting myself ready for the day my deductions are gone (kids, mortgage interest, etc.) and my tax liability is much larger :hill:

I'm with you, several years ago we were working towards the "nothing owed, nothing back" ideal, misjudged and ended up having to come up with a few grand. With one income, two kids and a mortgage I don't have the kind of pockets that can come up with a large sum all at once, so I go ahead and let the man use my money for awhile, it makes a nice jump start to the year and I go into tax season knowing that there's no stress. There's worse vices to have.

And I'm getting this: http://www.rokulabs.com/ and a new subwoofer to replace the one that's cutting out. Finally got all of my albums transferred to mp3 status, this baby should give me full access through the living room stereo without transferring all 30gb or so to an ipod.

bigbluefj
02-18-2008, 11:35 PM
i use mine to go to moab to hang out with you guy's....

kevin

Hulk
02-19-2008, 02:34 AM
I thought the Canadian gov't just kept ALL your money. Are you saying they actually gave you a refund?
:D

bigbluefj
02-19-2008, 08:10 AM
yup not much but enough..