PDA

View Full Version : Brian Passey Youtube video using X-Jack

Inukshuk
02-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Here is a video Brian Passey (Wasatch Cruisers) put together showing an X-Jack (exhaust jack) being used for a repair on the 2007 Outlaws Run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxW-5nYr-m4

nakman
02-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Cool. who are those jokers in the credits?

bskey
02-19-2008, 07:41 PM
I wouldn't feel very comfortable lying in a vulnerable position under a rig jacked up with that, but it is interesting. I'll stick with my Hi-Lift. I guess it would be good in the uneven or muddy terrain.

Vitesse_6
02-19-2008, 09:08 PM
I wouldn't feel very comfortable lying in a vulnerable position under a rig jacked up with that, but it is interesting. I'll stick with my Hi-Lift. I guess it would be good in the uneven or muddy terrain.

Why is that? If it gave way, It would have only dropped an few inches and none of the wheels were off the ground.
I have a high lift as well and feel this is a much safer solution.
IMHO :hill:

bskey
02-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah, if you were just lifting the body off the axles, but I wouldn't feel comfortable using it to repair an axle shaft, or other break that, if it failed, it could crush you.

Vitesse_6
02-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Yeah, if you were just lifting the body off the axles, but I wouldn't feel comfortable using it to repair an axle shaft, or other break that, if it failed, it could crush you.

as would a high lift.
Next time you guys have the ARB rep. in town for a preview, Have him show you how well they work.
The only downfall I see with then is the price.
My $.02

Uncle Ben
02-20-2008, 11:45 AM
as would a high lift.
Next time you guys have the ARB rep. in town for a preview, Have him show you how well they work.
The only downfall I see with then is the price.
My $.02

If comparing Jack vrs. Jack a High Lift is infinitely more dangerous to use! Great concept that has been around for a long time! The X-Jack is very well thought out and storage is pretty practical! Cost difference is not a make or break because of what you get for your money! Practicality is where the two items differ as the X-Jack is just a jack/vehicle support while the High Lift is a versatile multi-tool that works OK for a lot of things but isn't perfect for any one thing!

SteveH
02-20-2008, 02:51 PM
I can't imagine getting under any vehicle supported by only one jack. I'd drag a log or rock under there as a backup.

Uncle Ben
02-20-2008, 04:13 PM
I can't imagine getting under any vehicle supported by only one jack. I'd drag a log or rock under there as a backup.

It's just your life! What are you worried about? :rolleyes:

bskey
02-20-2008, 06:18 PM
I keep jack stands in my storage box for such situations, so I guess it really would be 6 in one and 1/2 dozen in another.