PDA

View Full Version : Ebay advice needed.

Rezarf
02-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Hey guys and gals, how long would you wait for a response on Ebay before giving bad feedback.

Bought an item two weeks ago, paid for priority shipping, haven't heard a peep yet, nothing, no response. Problem is I am stalled on a project because of it.

What say you?

Trying to give the guy the benifit of the doubt, but nothing in two weeks is stinky business... FWIW, this is the first time ever I have had a problem on the Ebay thing.:thumb:

treerootCO
02-21-2008, 10:07 AM
It is not worth it. By giving him/her bad feedback you guarantee bad feedback for yourself and a long drawn out b!tc# session. Forget about it and move on. My advise is to give him good feedback and in the notes post a friendly comment to ship when he/she gets around to it.

RicardoJM
02-21-2008, 10:58 AM
I once sold something on e-bay and for three weeks tried (sending messages every 2-4 days) to get a hold of the buyer to confirm some shipping details after they paid. I didn't get a response back to any of them, but I did get an independent message from them say "hey where's my stuff" I paid for it three weeks ago. Turns out his spam filter was catching the messages from me.

Don't know if this might apply to your situation or not, but would recommend you are dilligent in trying to contact and find out what the status is.

bskey
02-21-2008, 11:08 AM
A lot of good advice there. Read recent feedback for the seller, is he doing stuff for other buyers? That may help you know if something is hapening.

bullsac
02-21-2008, 11:17 AM
You can request the contact info that ebay has on file for him.

Street Address and Phone

Get those and try contacting them. I have had to do it twice out of a hundred transactions. Each time I spoke with them and got it handled

cbmontgo
02-21-2008, 01:28 PM
I have found that most people on Ebay are good. Anything over 2-3 weeks is excessive though. I'd wait one more week before laying the smack down.

leiniesred
02-21-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm with treeroot.

That exact thing has happened to me. waste of time.

I heard ebay was going to make it so sellers cannot leave neg. feedback on buyers.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/feb/21/ebay.consumeraffairs

I also heard many are boycotting ebay due to proposed seller fee hikes.
http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/19/smbusiness/ebay_boycott_update.fsb/?postversion=2008021923

Uncle Ben
02-21-2008, 01:41 PM
I too agree with Root. Leaving negative feedback will hurt you more than the other guy! Give positive feedback but make a comment that someone will question if they are curious. That keeps everyone more honest!

Rezarf
02-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Looks like it came today... I am glad, I have over 65 ebay deals and 100% positive feedback, and I have had 100% good transactions till this one... but if it is here, no harm no foul.

I think your right, leaving neg feedback only invites the same... :meh:

Long live Craigslist! :D

treerootCO
02-21-2008, 02:10 PM
...Long live Craigslist! :D

http://www.clickz.com/showPage.html?page=3394631

RockRunner
02-21-2008, 03:07 PM
The part that really stinks about this is that the sellers always wait till the buyer leaves feedback, then they do. I am still waiting on two people to post feedback on me, both Buy it nows. If you leave bad feedback first they will try to bury you, that really sucks.

eBay should institute a policy that the seller has to post feedback first, then the buyer can post. If it is a bad deal they can work it out, as it is now the buyer has us by the..........well you know what.

rover67
02-21-2008, 04:34 PM
yeah, i left bad feedback once. never again. i got smoked for it. apparantly i am the worlds worst person.

which means i really can't trust the feedback sellers have in the first place because non of us leave the bad feedback.

SteveH
02-21-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm considering selling 'cruiser parts on eBay, but the complexity of all this and all the shell games make it a lot less appealing. eBay added layers and layers of rules and bureaucracy over the years, and it's coming back to haunt them. No different than K-mart, who formerly ruled the cheap retail world and thought they made the rules.

rover67
02-21-2008, 06:21 PM
nah, it's not that bad. 95% of my experiences have been great. I just miss the days when things were REALLY cheap because nobody bid on stuff. Now people have just gotten smarter. it is really prety easy to sell on ebay, and even buying is good. I still buy lots on ebay.

Shark Bait
02-21-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm considering selling 'cruiser parts on eBay, but the complexity of all this and all the shell games make it a lot less appealing. eBay added layers and layers of rules and bureaucracy over the years, and it's coming back to haunt them. No different than K-mart, who formerly ruled the cheap retail world and thought they made the rules.

MUD works pretty well. Less hassle. :D