PDA

View Full Version : Valentine + Locked LX

Jenny Cruiser
02-23-2008, 05:36 PM
I got around to putting a new bat in the LX's keyless this morning. Went out to see how it works and found a piece of concrete the size of my head where my V1 used to be. I'm figuring well over 1k in damage mostly due to the concrete bouncing around the front after going through the driver's window.

I never leave it in the car, yesterday being the only exception. It only takes once I guess. :doh::bawl:

Uncle Ben
02-23-2008, 05:45 PM
I got around to putting a new bat in the LX's keyless this morning. Went out to see how it works and found a piece of concrete the size of my head where my V1 used to be. I'm figuring well over 1k in damage mostly due to the concrete bouncing around the front after going through the driver's window.

I never leave it in the car, yesterday being the only exception. It only takes once I guess. :doh::bawl:

OMG! That really sucks! There seems to be a surge in scum bags taking stuff lately! 4 cars in my neighbor hood last Monday were broken into for their GPS or Nav units! Guess 6 cars in Broomfield were hit the same night for the same stuff. Guess it's time to start cruising around at night with a bag and a bat! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::mad:

Jenny Cruiser
02-23-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm really close to the local high school so I'm not all that surprised. The local cop said there's been a few break ins and a car was stolen lately as well.

nuclearlemon
02-23-2008, 09:37 PM
i'm guessing the v1 is something that was in the car? that sucks. even if they didnt' get anything, the vandalism part still sucks. f'n theives:mad:

rover67
02-23-2008, 11:23 PM
i am going to go take mine (radar detector) off of the windshield right now...

Jenny Cruiser
02-25-2008, 09:38 AM
I put a $350 reward out for info about who did it today. I've got my bag and bat ready.:D

Guess it's time to start cruising around at night with a bag and a bat! :rant::mad:

FJBen
02-25-2008, 09:41 AM
GARAGE!

I park in the garage everynight because my tires were stabbed 2 years ago :mad:

There has been a bad string of window bashers down my street. Any car thats parked on the street has been getting the windows smashed out. LIke 5-7 cars already...

RockRunner
02-25-2008, 11:14 AM
This all sucks, I hate it when they damage your truck for a cheap something. We are lucky being Roxborough, the kids there are minor criminals. They look for open doors on cars and only take stuff that is in glove boxes etc. It only happened one time and they were caught. Pictures in the local paper of one of the kids since he was over 18 and the others were mentioned in some police report. After that nothing major.

So what is a V1??? Radio? CB? Ham? tell me please............

nakman
02-25-2008, 11:17 AM
I think it's a radar detector. Sorry to hear the news Chad, what a bummer.

RockRunner
02-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks, that does suck. Some kid just had to have it.............PUNKS!!!!!!!!!!

Uncle Ben
02-25-2008, 12:00 PM
This all sucks, I hate it when they damage your truck for a cheap something. We are lucky being Roxborough, the kids there are minor criminals. They look for open doors on cars and only take stuff that is in glove boxes etc. It only happened one time and they were caught. Pictures in the local paper of one of the kids since he was over 18 and the others were mentioned in some police report. After that nothing major.

So what is a V1??? Radio? CB? Ham? tell me please............

http://www.007radardetectors.com/valentine_radar.htm

Don't get a false sense of security! Crime here in Louisville is pretty mellow. Speeding tickets, DUI's and Dog at large mostly. However, we are a target for outsiders because we feel safe and thus are naive! What better target than low crime rate neighborhoods that most folks prolly don't even lock their doors because a neighbor might need to borrow something when we are not home! Roxborough would be no exception! Thieves SUCK and nothing is sacred for the low life scum as they are too freakin' lazy to work! :rant:

Jenny Cruiser
02-27-2008, 04:52 PM
The V1 is a radar detector. A bit over-rated IMO. I only had it for five weeks so whoever nabbed it got it with all the goody. The multiple bogey counter and arrows are useful on the highway mostly. Pretty annoying any other time. I like my old Bell better.

Sorry for not posting up sooner. I've been covered in mud for a few days.:)

Jenny Cruiser
02-29-2008, 02:03 PM
SF came out and wrote me a check today. $1,800 is the total. No coverage for the radar detector though.:(