PDA

View Full Version : new brakes for you

nakman
02-25-2008, 08:57 PM
These will probably fit your 75+ 40, and possibly 1st gen runner. Not exactly sure on model years so do a little research if you're not sure.

First up is a brand new set of OEM Toyota brake pads, part number 04465-YZZC0. How's $15 sound..

Second up is a brand new set of OEM Toyota brake shoes, part number 04494-60011. These cost more, how's $50.

Both OBO, within reason. Can deliver to the 03/05 RS meeting.

2/26 edit: both have been spoken for, sales pending.

Shark Bait
02-25-2008, 09:02 PM
I'll take the front pads for sure. :D

nakman
02-25-2008, 09:25 PM
sold! thanks, Chris. I'll bring them next week.

MDH33
02-26-2008, 08:16 AM
I'm pretty sure those rear shoes will fit all rear drums on 40's, 61-80 I think.

nakman
02-26-2008, 08:37 AM
I'm pretty sure those rear shoes will fit all rear drums on 40's, 61-80 I think.

Including a 73! ;) ;)

:D

RicardoJM
02-26-2008, 10:12 AM
The adjusting the brakes is on the short list for our 40. I'll take the shoes if they are still available. If I don't need them now, they will be good to have around for when they are needed. Reading through Jeff Z.'s Technical article on brakes has me thinking that well adjusted drums will work just fine.

subzali
02-26-2008, 10:29 AM
They do, but front discs sure are nice, and I imagine rears are too! :D

nakman
02-26-2008, 10:32 AM
The adjusting the brakes is on the short list for our 40. I'll take the shoes if they are still available. If I don't need them now, they will be good to have around for when they are needed. Reading through Jeff Z.'s Technical article on brakes has me thinking that well adjusted drums will work just fine.

Cool, you got 'em Ricardo, thanks. I'll bring to the meeting next week? And you're right, while a lot of folks toss the drums in favor of disks, a well adjusted drum system stops really well. And Mr. Zepp is clearly an expert at this. :cool:

RicardoJM
11-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Ok, I'm going to bring this thread back from the past. I picked these up thinking that rear brakes were on my short list. Turns out, all I ever needed to do was keep them ajdusted. Recently, I had issues with my booster and master so I'm using that as an excuse to make the switch to discs on the rear.

As a result I will not be needing these shoes. They are still in the box, never used. I've also got a pair of drums that I had turned and painted black that I'll toss in to the new owner. For those of you guys that are running drums and will always be running drums; $50 and you'll likely be set (shoes and drums) for the life. :D

L43dean
11-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Ok, I'm going to bring this thread back from the past. I picked these up thinking that rear brakes were on my short list. Turns out, all I ever needed to do was keep them ajdusted. Recently, I had issues with my booster and master so I'm using that as an excuse to make the switch to discs on the rear.

As a result I will not be needing these shoes. They are still in the box, never used. I've also got a pair of drums that I had turned and painted black that I'll toss in to the new owner. For those of you guys that are running drums and will always be running drums; $50 and you'll likely be set (shoes and drums) for the life. :D

Ricardo, I'll buy the shoes and drums. Providing they fit my stock 68'. I know the drums will. I need to research the shoe part #'s. My shoes are showing heat cracks. Thanks! Dean.