PDA

View Full Version : what happened to all the little shops

nuclearlemon
02-29-2008, 12:31 PM
that did emissions testing? i'm stuck in envirocare hell to get the pig emissioned. i couldn't find any of the little shops that used to do 82 and earlier :mad:

Uncle Ben
02-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Pretty hard for "little shops" to compete with tax payer dollar supplemented private enterprises like Envirobeast! Some of your repair shops still can do it.

nuclearlemon
02-29-2008, 01:55 PM
good luck finding one. i drove all over the place looking for one. searched the internet. searched the chamber of commerce page. finally went to envirohell. passed everything except hc's at idle...limit 1200, i was at 1600. now if it were a small shop, i could just give a $20 and they woulda fixed it....now i gotta figure it out...ih8carbs.:mad:

Uncle Ben
02-29-2008, 01:59 PM
good luck finding one. i drove all over the place looking for one. searched the internet. searched the chamber of commerce page. finally went to envirohell. passed everything except hc's at idle...limit 1200, i was at 1600. now if it were a small shop, i could just give a $20 and they woulda fixed it....now i gotta figure it out...ih8carbs.:mad:

:lmao: UH8THOTTLEBODYS2! :lmao: ....hater....

HC's are just unburnt fuel....turn down the idle mixture screws and try...try again! Raise you idle too....just don't raise it over 1k!

MDH33
02-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Ige,

There's a little one man operation in NW Denver, corner of Federal and 37th Ave. It's right behind the tire shop there on 37th. I took my motorcycles there when I lived in the 'hood.

corsair23
02-29-2008, 02:17 PM
that did emissions testing? i'm stuck in envirocare hell to get the pig emissioned. i couldn't find any of the little shops that used to do 82 and earlier :mad:

Had the same problem when I went to test my FJ40...DMV had a "list" of all the shops that supposedly did older vehicles. Out of the 10 or so that were close to me that I tried, all were closed down :(

The only bright point was that I got pretty quick service at Envirowhatever because I was driving something the "kids" thought was pretty cool.

Shark Bait
02-29-2008, 02:53 PM
There is one over on Broadway & Oxford in Englewood. That's where I had my 40 done. :D

nuclearlemon
02-29-2008, 04:53 PM
trying to avoid going all the way to englewood...although it would've been quicker than driving to brighton, through thornton and into the farthest edges of westminster, only to end up at envirohell in wheat ridge.

turned the carb screws in, bumped the idle, plugs all look good, cleaned the air filter, oil was just changed a week ago, jacked the idle a bit. now i get a white cloud instead of black, but i still get a pretty good cloud and soon as i pump the throttle. tomorrow am, i'll hit checker and get whatever the latest "guaranteed to pass" crap is and hit envirohell for try number two.

treerootCO
02-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Ige,

There's a little one man operation in NW Denver, corner of Federal and 37th Ave. It's right behind the tire shop there on 37th. I took my motorcycles there when I lived in the 'hood.

Hey now...we all know Louisville is the new hood

Uncle Ben
02-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Hey now...we all know Louisville is the new hood

WERD! :cool::cool:;)