PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Cruise Moab 2006 Committee

DSRTRDR
01-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Dear Cruise Moab organizing committee:

Romer suggested I contact you folks here.

My question regards participation of a non-Toyota vehicle (I know, how could we :bowdown: ): I am bringing my FJ40, and was wondering whether it would be possible for my husband to tag along in his Blazer. Both of us have been on trails in Moab before and would be willing to volunteer with tailgunning and spotting. His truck can carry more parts and tools, and he would make every attempt to stay out of pictures. He would not want to take a spot from another Toyota, but he would register and pay his own way, of course. He has run trails with us with the AZ club Copper State Cruisers before. If it would be required that he become a TLCA member, we can arrange for that.

I appreciate your consideration of this request and look forward to seeing you all in Moab. :)

Thanks, Claudia

Shark Bait
01-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Hi Claudia,

We'd love to have you both. We are not, by our BLM permit, allowed to restrict access to the event. We advertise in TLCA and technically should accept only Toyotas, but in the end, BLM rules. So go ahead and register:

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/cruisemoab.asp

DSRTRDR
01-06-2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks a lot for the prompt answer; we are elated and look forward to meeting all of you. Claudia and Michael.

Hulk
01-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Please note, however, that you will need to register both vehicles if you intend to use both of them on the same day(s). If you only use one per day, then you only need one registration. Because of the way our permit works, we're limited to the number of vehicles total, so that's why we charge per vehicle.

Rzeppa
01-07-2006, 01:55 PM
To clarify further, while registrants must be TLCA members, there is no prohibition or requirement as to what vehicle is used for the event. For example, a registrant has a bone stock Taco and is a TLCA member, but they don't want to scratch it up on the trail. But their trail rig is a Jeep, a Blazer, a Scout or whatever. They are more than welcome to wheel whatever they want at the event, as long as they are a TLCA member and the rig meets safety requirements.

On the subject of one registration for two different vehicles, we do have the requirement that every vehicle that runs trails during the event must pass safety inspection. Also, during inspection, vehicles are also rated according to how they are equipped. This establishes which trails they are allowed to run. Tire size and differential lockers are the main criteria. Ultimately, each trail leader has the final say in deciding whether a given rig is properly equipped to run a particular trail.

Hulk
01-07-2006, 04:21 PM
...more than welcome to wheel whatever they want at the event, as long as they are a TLCA member and the rig meets safety requirements.

Point of clarification: TLCA memberships are "family memberships" aren't they? Meaning that since I am a member, so is my wife?

Just thought we should all be on the same page here.

DSRTRDR
01-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Point of clarification: TLCA memberships are "family memberships" aren't they? Meaning that since I am a member, so is my wife?

Just thought we should all be on the same page here.

Please excuse my ignorance, but now I'm confused about how to read this: Does my TLCA membership suffice to cover my husband, or does it not?

We've already received e-mail confirmation for the registration of my husband's truck, and safety/tech inspection will not be a problem.

Uncle Ben
01-07-2006, 05:26 PM
[QUOTE=DSRTRDR]Please excuse my ignorance, but now I'm confused about how to read this: Does my TLCA membership suffice to cover my husband, or does it not?

QUOTE]

YES! :)

Rzeppa
01-08-2006, 11:28 AM

Just thought we should all be on the same page here.Since this is not expressly covered in the TLCA bylaws, that very question came up within the board of directors over the last year or so, and we decided that yes, immediate family mambers are also covered.

DSRTRDR
01-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the clarification; both our vehicles are separately registered at this time. See y'all in Moab :)

Bobzooki
01-12-2006, 09:59 AM
To clarify further, while registrants must be TLCA members,

Uh, oh. Umm, Jeff? Will TLCA recognize an FJ-15??? :eek:

Uncle Ben
01-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Uh, oh. Umm, Jeff? Will TLCA recognize an FJ-15??? :eek:

Aaaaa....geeee....ummmmmm....no! :p :flamingo: :Princess:

Bobzooki
01-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Aaaaa....geeee....ummmmmm....no! :p :flamingo: :Princess:

OK, so can I join TLCA if I don't actually OWN a Toyota?
And if I can't, does that mean I can't GO to CruiseMoab, even though I'm on the committee? Very interesting conundrum we have here. You don't have to be driving a Toyota, but you DO have to be a TLCA member? Hmm...

Rzeppa
01-13-2006, 11:20 AM
OK, so can I join TLCA if I don't actually OWN a Toyota?
And if I can't, does that mean I can't GO to CruiseMoab, even though I'm on the committee? Very interesting conundrum we have here. You don't have to be driving a Toyota, but you DO have to be a TLCA member? Hmm...Technically, you must own a Toyota 4x4 to join TLCA. And technically, you must be a TLCA member to be a registrant at a TLCA sanctioned event such as Cruise Moab. At Rising Sun we usually aren't to much sticklers for technicalities; Example: Former Commander Rob Merideth had a good buddy nicknamed "Cracker" who had a Bronco, was a really good wheeler and led trails at Moab. I'm pretty sure he didn't own a Toyota and wasn't in TLCA, but he helped out so much nobody complained. I think in cases like yours, we aren't going to exclude a committee member who's doing a bunch of work for the club and the event. IOW, I vote to make an exception for you. Do we have a second? All in favor say aye!

In the mean time we'll be lobbying you to come over to the light side :-)

wesintl
01-13-2006, 11:29 AM
I can sell you an fj40 title if you want to be legit zookie :p

Hulk
01-13-2006, 12:15 PM
IOW, I vote to make an exception for you. Do we have a second? All in favor say aye!

Second.... Aye!

2badfjs
01-13-2006, 01:14 PM
were do you find the "tech inspection rules" ?

treerootCO
01-13-2006, 02:08 PM
I have mine from last year. I can scan it if needed...

Bobzooki
01-13-2006, 02:40 PM
In the mean time we'll be lobbying you to come over to the light side :-)

:D :beer: Yeah, OK. You know I am a fan of 40's. But with three Suzukis already, I don't think Mrs. Bobzooki is ready for a Bobyota in the house.

Rzeppa
01-13-2006, 02:52 PM
:D :beer: Yeah, OK. You know I am a fan of 40's. But with three Suzukis already, I don't think Mrs. Bobzooki is ready for a Bobyota in the house.Ebay. Then, 2 Zukis and a Toy :-)

2badfjs
01-13-2006, 03:22 PM
I have mine from last year. I can scan it if needed...

can you e-mail me them?
parts@infinitiofdenver.com if you can

thank mike
jim

Rzeppa
01-13-2006, 05:02 PM
can you e-mail me them?
parts@infinitiofdenver.com if you can

thank mike
jimI have an electronic version (I think), much smaller than a scan for email. Also, we follow TLCA guidelines, which can be found at TLCA's (http://tlca.org) web site.

wesintl
01-13-2006, 06:47 PM
I have an electronic version (I think), much smaller than a scan for email. Also, we follow TLCA guidelines, which can be found at [http://tlca.org/events/#TLCA_Vehicle_Inspection_Requirements]TLCA's[/URL] web site.

fixed it for ya..

wesintl
01-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Here... http://tlca.org/events/#TLCA_Vehicle_Inspection_Requirements

It's hard to read though