PDA

View Full Version : Waiting List

80Series
03-07-2008, 12:49 AM
How do I get on the waiting list and how many people are on this list? I am a new member and didnt know about the Moab '08. I would really like to go if the waiting list isn't to bad

Shark Bait
03-07-2008, 01:10 AM
Shoot me your info: hatfieldcb@gmail.com

Rock Dog
03-07-2008, 12:53 PM
The list should be really small, and there is a good possibility of getting in because of cancellations at this point

80Series
03-09-2008, 10:41 PM
That would be sweet. If at all possible could you let me know how small the list is?? If so that would be great then I know its ok to get that time off at work. Thanks

Romer
03-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Ryan, I would get the time off at work. If nothing else you come to Moab and ride with another club member, but I would be willing to bet you get through the waiting list. We need volunteers as well :D As a new club member, this is your event.

Romer
03-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Ryan, I would get the time off at work. If nothing else you come to Moab and ride with another club member, but I would be willing to bet you get through the waiting list. We need volunteers as well :D As a new club member, this is your event.

Ryan, if you haven't joined the TLCA yet, you will need to for CM.

You can go to tlca.org.

Hulk
03-09-2008, 10:52 PM
You should definitely ask for the time off. You're a new member of Rising Sun, right? I think we can twist a few arms and make sure you get in. Stay tuned.

80Series
03-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Yes I am a new member. Yes I have joined TLCA. And i will get the time off form work tomorrow.

Rock Dog
03-10-2008, 10:33 PM
I think the list is less than five, and am pretty sure (98.5%) you will get in. We are working to crunch the list, and hopefully we will know by wed...

80Series
03-10-2008, 10:47 PM
What are the dates everyone starts heading up?

corsair23
03-10-2008, 11:48 PM
What are the dates everyone starts heading up?

Some get out to Moab the weekend before CM starts (Fri, Sat, or Sun before). There is reportedly a car show in Moab that weekend that some like to attend :D

Others trickle in throughout the week. The earlier you get there the more pre-runs you can go on :thumb:, although I have not yet been able to take advantage of that myself.

My advice to you as a first timer to CM (like I was last year), is to arrive by Wednesday afternoon at the latest. This allows you time to set up camp (if you are camping at Slickrock), relax a little, get the tech inspection completed, get checked in at registration, kibitz with folks, attend the driver's meeting, and generally soak in the atmosphere. Also allows you time to get ready for the first run the next day.

Thursday morning will be a mad scramble in the morning trying to cram late arrivals through tech inspection and registration so it is nice to be able to sit back and relax a little and not add to the stress :thumb:.

80Series
03-11-2008, 10:32 AM
ok great. i was thinking about getting there the sunday before so I could get some wheeling in. sound like ill just do that.

rocktoy85
03-11-2008, 08:24 PM
anything special we should know about that will be looked at during tech inspection. Any necessary recovery equipment etc...?

corsair23
03-12-2008, 01:51 AM
anything special we should know about that will be looked at during tech inspection. Any necessary recovery equipment etc...?

Yes and Yes...

CM is an official TLCA sanctioned event so that is why you must be a TLCA member and why the TLCA requirements must be followed.

TLCA Vehicle Inspection Requirements (http://tlca.org/events/inspection.shtml)

Here is a link to some questions from CM07 prep - CM Inspection Q's (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=3306)