PDA

View Full Version : Free chemicals, steel and other junk

mhdsummers
03-08-2008, 11:11 AM
I will be moving at the end of the month and I need to get rid of most of my chemicals.

I have degreaser, coolant, carb cleaner, spray paint and primer, brake fluid, gear oil, paint thinner and various other chemicals. I also have a bunch of scrap steel and odd things I will not be taking with me.

Anyone is welcome to come plunder my garage. Does anyone have any tips on getting rid of the stuff I cannot give away?

Also, I have an old ford f250 axle I need to get rid of. I dont really have anyway of getting it out of my yard so I need someone to come get it. What are my chances of getting rid of it.

Any other tips on getting rid of my junk would be appreciated.

calphi27
03-08-2008, 02:14 PM
don't forget craigslist

art hog
03-08-2008, 04:36 PM
what do you have as far as the steel goes? Im needing to build a rotisserie to roast a pig. a 73 pig.

Beater
03-08-2008, 04:50 PM
could I come by tomorrow? I would need directions and such.. a lot of the hauling guys will take large items like axles.. I would call a few of them..

j

Ol'Grateful
03-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Each county has a hazardous household waste site that will take all your chemicals and paints off your hands for a few bucks. Just keep the nuclear waste in an unmarked container.

nuclearlemon
03-08-2008, 08:07 PM
i'd be interested in a lot of the chemicals and might be interested in some of the scrap steel also. won't be able to get anythign until sunday after about 4pm or so, cause i'll be at the sport boat & travel show.

for the truck, a local college might be interested. there's also groups that come get old vehicles and you can use them for a tax deduction.

mhdsummers
03-09-2008, 11:19 AM
I wont be home at 4pm today. I'll leave the chemicals on a table in my driveway with a FREE sign on it. The steal will also be out in my driveway. The axle is a front drum brake ford f250 axle.

I also have 2 older style fuel pumps shown in the picture. Both work great. $25 each.

I am in broomfield at 120th and Sheridan.
My address is

12511 Newton St.
Broomfield, CO

Mapquest or call me for directions 303-506-2769.

I have attached some photos so no one wastes their time driving up here for nothing.

-Mike

mhdsummers
03-09-2008, 11:21 AM
More photos

mhdsummers
03-09-2008, 11:41 AM
I have about 7 quarts of 90w too. And a few small propane cylinders for portable gas grills.

All will be going to the hazardous waste place in boulder early next week.

Hulk
03-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Someone who goes up there, grab the fuel pumps and we can add them to the RS parts trailer.

nakman
03-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Mike, are you going to be around this evening? say, 5:30ish? Interested in the propane for the small gas grills.. are they the white BBQ-style ones, or the little green ones you take camping?

I guess I'm interested either way.. and is that half can of PB blaster available? Heck, how could you give that up.. :)

edit: Also I could snag those fuel pumps too, and Matt can make money magically appear in your wallet if you PM him your info. thanks!

mhdsummers
03-10-2008, 10:31 AM
The 3 bbq tanks are the little ones used for those coleman camping grills.

Want the 90w too? I have 5 quarts that has never been opened.

After you come pick up the fuel pumps, I'll PM my info to who ever wants to pay :) I'm not too worried about it.

Anything I cannot get rid of is going to to the hazmat place on wednesday morning.

Axle is going to be a problem. No one seems to want to come pick it up. I might have to cut it in half and haul it myself. The damn thing weighs at least 400 lbs.

mhdsummers
03-10-2008, 10:32 AM
I will be at my house all day and night today. Come by anytime.

Beater
03-10-2008, 01:04 PM
advertise it on the rover site on pirate. I bet it will move. That's a 44 closed knuckle, and lot's of peeps run those on rovers.

nuclearlemon
03-10-2008, 02:31 PM
do you have anything left chemical wise from your "free" pile in the driveway? i didn't check the forum last night. if so, i'll come up tonight after work.

mhdsummers
03-10-2008, 03:20 PM
All is still available except the weed killer. Someone is happy since it was a full gallon and that stuff is expensive.