PDA

View Full Version : Bun warmers, installed.

nakman
01-09-2006, 08:46 AM
Well while some of your were off freezing your buns off yesterday, I was busy in the garage making mine warmer. I installed these (http://www.heaterseats.com/order/autowarm/heizgerat2/index.html) seat heaters in the 80, they have them for $120 each on their site but if you get them from their Ebay ad 2 sets will cost you $175, shipped to you door. They come from Vanc. BC, and took about 4 days to arrive.

Installing them is an awful, awful, tedious chore. Took me 2 hours to get the first seat apart.. only took about an hour to get the second one stripped. Putting them back together takes about an hour per seat. But I was in serious "do it once, do it right" mode, and by the end of the second one had the technique down pretty good.

I didn't take any pictures, thought about it but the only things worth capturing would be too hard to take a picture of... like how to pry the inside of the plastic doohicky that the headrest post slides into, to get it to pop off. No way I could get a camera in there, it was hard enough getting a screwdriver to fit! But I will take a shot of the switches.. will post up tonight. And I'm now a master of vehicular upholstery, so if anyone else wants to do this I'd be glad to help/offer tips, etc. I'll probably do these in the Runner at some point, after my fingers heal. :D

Hulk
01-09-2006, 09:52 AM
You have the most trick 80 in Colorado, Tim. That is super sweet.

nakman
01-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Thanks, Matt. When do we get to start tweakin' on yours? :D

Here's how the switches look...

bh4rnnr
01-09-2006, 09:24 PM
It looks like your switches are upside down :confused:

nakman
01-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Ha!! I can't decide the best way to have them. Easy enough to flip them around.. if I flip them around then the icon faces you when you're in the seat, but the seat is upside down..