PDA

View Full Version : Did you see I am Legend?

Romer
03-13-2008, 05:11 PM
It was a good movie, but the ending was sad and didn't care for it. Apparently, the studio did not like the original ending and replaced it with the one seen in the theaters.

The DVD has the original ending and you can see it here http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/03/05/must-watch-i-am-legends-original-ending-this-is-amazing/

Just in case you saw the movie

rock_wagon
03-13-2008, 05:24 PM
That ending fit better. I liked the movie so much I read the book after I saw it, this is one of those rare cases where the movie was much better than the book.

If you think the movie ending was kinda sad, the book ending was down right depressing.

Mendocino
03-13-2008, 05:32 PM
I saw it and thought it was great! So did my wife.

girlsfj40
03-13-2008, 06:30 PM
I thought that the movie was a little on the depressing side. It seems so similar to the Resident Evil idea. Those movies gross me out.

calphi27
03-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the post; it was nice to see it put that way.

Hulk
03-14-2008, 03:36 PM
I dug the movie a lot. I'll have to watch the original ending tonight!

Romer
03-14-2008, 04:03 PM
I really liked it, just thought the ending wasn't as good as it could have been.

I liked this one better.

Hulk
03-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Wow, this one is way different. You never get any indication that the vampire zombies are sentient (in any way other than rage) in the theatrical version of the movie. Thanks for finding and sharing this, Ken.

Bighead
03-15-2008, 07:14 PM
I really liked it, just thought the ending wasn't as good as it could have been.

I liked this one better.

My wife and I both enjoyed the movie (my first IMAX movie) but were also disappointed with the original ending. This one is much better...great find. :cheers:

Mendocino
03-15-2008, 08:44 PM
I thought that when the girl was captured the response of the alpha "zombie" represented sentient conciousness and foreshadowed the rest of the movie. I thought that the release version was disconnected from the screenplay (ie forshadowing). I like the alternative ending, but liked the release version as well.

Wow, this one is way different. You never get any indication that the vampire zombies are sentient (in any way other than rage) in the theatrical version of the movie. Thanks for finding and sharing this, Ken.

Rock Dog
03-16-2008, 02:32 AM
reminded me of modern day version of the "omega man" with Charleton Heston... but better done. I really enjoyed the movie....

Romer
03-16-2008, 09:25 AM
reminded me of modern day version of the "omega man" with Charleton Heston... but better done. I really enjoyed the movie....

Thats goodbecause they are both based on the same book. Both Charlton Heston and Will Smith had the same name

Bighead
03-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Thats goodbecause they are both based on the same book. Both Charlton Heston and Will Smith had the same name

[worthless trivia] There were actually three movies made based on the Matheson book...I Am Legend (Will Smith), The Omega Man (Charleton Heston) and The Last man on Earth (Vincent Price). [/worthless trivia]

I've always been a Vincent price fan so I enjoyed that one also. I'd like to get a copy of the book and give that a try next.