PDA

View Full Version : 83 FJ60 For Sale

pbowerman
03-13-2008, 10:09 PM
This is an original FJ60 with +208K miles. I am the third owner and hate to part with it. This is basically stock with the exception of the complete OME (Old Man EMU) HD suspension kit (nitro shocks, greasable shackles, 3' lift, etc.)and stereo. I have all of the paper work from the last 7 years. This rig has been garaged and meticulously maintained by an adult. This year it will be a collectors vehicle, and it passes emissions w/no problems. Minor surface rust in the usual areas (see pix), original interior (needs work - no hiding that) Serious inquiries only. More pix available upon request. 2 Sets of wheels and tires (BFG All Terrain T/A) included. $7500 (OBO)

link to pics: http://denver.craigslist.org/car/605624923.html

Beater
03-14-2008, 09:49 AM
does it come with some gold pressed latinum in the cargo area?

wow

RockRunner
03-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Sounds like you may be asking a bit much but then again it is what is worth to you. Good luck.

pbowerman
03-14-2008, 12:04 PM
This is one of the cleaner FJ's in town, not in a rush to sell, but thanks for the feedback.

nakman
03-14-2008, 01:48 PM
does it come with some gold pressed latinum in the cargo area?

wow

I don't think the Ferengies drove 60's around.. just cargo ships. :D

But bowerman in all seriousness, if you haven't already I'd suggest searching through Craigslist to see what other 60's are currently going for, even ones in great condition. We've seen very nicely built ones sell in the $5-6K range recently, stockers for even less. good luck with the sale! :thumb:

trucruiser
03-14-2008, 02:12 PM
This is one of the cleaner FJ's in town, not in a rush to sell, but thanks for the feedback.

No to bust your bubble but it wont sell for 10k here in colorado. There is much nicer for half the price.
Just trying to help you get in a realistic price range.

Beater
03-14-2008, 02:40 PM
for reference, I STRUGGLED to sell a very well built 80, for that amount.

MDH33
03-14-2008, 02:49 PM
for reference, I STRUGGLED to sell a very well built 80, for that amount.

:rolleyes: as IF an 80 were anywhere near as :cool: as a 60! :D :bolt:

Just kidding dude, your 80 was top notch. :thumb:

pbowerman
03-14-2008, 03:33 PM
All - thank you for the honest feedback, I appreciate it! Again, OBO on this one. Hey you got to ask right?

corsair23
03-14-2008, 07:02 PM
All - thank you for the honest feedback, I appreciate it! Again, OBO on this one. Hey you got to ask right?

Absolutely...And, if you are in no hurry to sell then you may find a willing buyer sooner or later.

Sometimes though it is tough to come to the realization that your rig isn't worth near what you think it is worth. I found that out with my '76 40 when I first showed up here on Rising Sun. The 40 wasn't in great shape body wise but had a lot of $$ into the mechanicals and a lot of $$ in restoration parts that went with it. You don't even want to know what I lost $$ wise on that rig in the end. :bawl:

As mentioned before CL is a pretty good indicator of what vehicles are going for. Another approach (and the one I ended up following) is to list it on ebay with the reserve set at YOUR price. See what happens and then either relist it if the bidding was close, change your perception of what the rig is worth and relist, or keep it, join the club, and enjoy it :thumb:

Crash
03-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Tru dat!
X223
:beer:

:rolleyes: as IF an 80 were anywhere near as :cool: as a 60! :D :bolt:

Just kidding dude, your 80 was top notch. :thumb:

Rzeppa
03-15-2008, 12:22 AM
PM sent...