PDA

View Full Version : Live help needed ASAP

RockRunner
03-14-2008, 10:00 AM
is this a good deal or??? Comes with antena too

Fs: Brand New Yaesu Ft-7800r Ham Radio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is brand new, in the box. Never used or installed. I bought it in October 2007.

"The FT-7800R provides 50 Watts of power on the 144 Mhz band, and 40 Watts on the 430 MHz, and is designed for simplicity of operation along with high performance in the receiver section. The FT-7800R is ideal for the active Ham who has a need for simplex, repeater, or FM satellite operation on both bands, but without the complication of cross-band repeat capability, which is available on our FT-8800R and FT-8900R models."

Look at the YAESU web site for further info and specs.

http://www.yaesu.com/downloadFile.cf...ca tion%2Fpdf

*****Included is a high quality Diamond Black 2m/70cm Dual Band High performance mobile antenna and the YAESU SEPERATION KIT
***** $300.00 USD cash.

DaveInDenver
03-14-2008, 10:13 AM
I saw that, too.

A Yaesu FT-7800 goes for about $250~$260 usually.

The antenna, depends on which dual band Diamond is it. Probably a NR72B, which are about $40, or the mag-mount MR77, which is also usually around $40. If it's a NR770H, that's a bit more, like $50.

Without knowing more about the antenna I expect that is about what you'd pay if you went to HRO today (plus tax). It's not a screaming good deal, but it's not a rip-off. Bill and I agreed to a price of about $175 I want to say as the equivalent for the sliders, but in reality that is something of a premium for a used radio (but he got a FT-7800, dual band antenna, external speaker and me heckling him while installing the radio).

He says this is new, but it was purchased in October and there is a limited warranty period which starts at the time of purchase. So to Yaesu that is a 6 month old radio.

Romer
03-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Nope you can but a brand new one for less than that

$249 at Gigaparts

http://www.gigaparts.com/store.php?action=profile&sku=ZYS-FT-7800R

It's where I bought mine.

You can get the cabling for the seperation kit for $15, don't spend $70 for it

RockRunner
03-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks guys, I started looking around real quick and found them cheaper too. Not knowing more about the antenna makes it harder but I guess I will go with new or used from someone I know. Guess I will tell him never mind.

corsair23
03-14-2008, 02:04 PM
$235 from Ham City...Come with a separation kit included in the price :thumb:

http://www.hamcity.com/Detail.aspx?ID=322

The unknown here is the shipping cost and whether they charge taxes :confused: - I have not gone that far in the process yet to see what that works out to.

FWIW, as of right now Ham City has the cheapest prices of all of the online vendors I have checked with (eBay, Gigaparts, HRO, etc.). I am leaning toward just buying new from them. For the $50 or so that new is going over what used is getting I'd rather get new with the warranty.

RockRunner
03-14-2008, 03:36 PM
I think I will be doing the same, I thought it sounded good but after some research not so good. Oh well no rush, still got time till CM.