PDA

View Full Version : Not sure I have the money to go to Rubithon

Hulk
03-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Did an honest assessment yesterday of whether I could really afford this trip. I'm really not sure.

If I'm going to go, I want 35" tires and enough lift to deal with them. When I talked with Tony Twiddy, he said the one 80-series with 33" tires that ran the Rubithon last year really struggled.

I'm going to need tires fairly soon anyway, although if I buy another set of 285s I will only need 4, since my used spare is still in good shape. But I can potentially take these out of the equation, since I'm going to need tires whether I go to Rubithon or not.

I'm just not sure if I can afford the 4" lift I'll need to clear the 35" tires. And then there's another $750-1000 in fuel costs for the trip. Plus food and an occasional motel room. I figure to do this thing right, I'm going to need $1800 for food/gas/lodging + $2200 for a 4" lift + $1200 for tires. That's $5200 that I don't have.

I could probably get my FJ40 ready for action with less money. If I cut the rear wheel wells, I could stuff 35" tires in there now (I have a 4" lift on it now). I have some 4.11 diffs in my garage, ready to be swapped in. Beyond that, I probably need to do some fluid replacement. But then I'm faced with 2500 miles in an FJ40 -- I'm not sure whether that really sounds like fun. I'd still have to buy some tires, although for the 40 I could buy some used ones, since it's not my DD.

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up. I haven't made a decision yet, but I'm pretty gloomy today.

:(

DaveInDenver
03-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Man, if I'm gonna try this with 2" of lift, 33x9.50 ATs and IFS, an 80 series should be a walk in the park in comparison. Get what you can done and if it's too brutal, I won't be the only one who parks at the trailhead and thumbs a ride into camp for $200 t-shirts. BTW, the main reason I'm even trying is that people get 122" wheelbase Tacomas through there (Scott Brady just recently) on ~33" tires and the only way in heck I have a chance is with guys like UB spotting.

subzali
03-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Matt, seems to me that an FJ40 on 33s would do the Rubicon fine (IIRC it's the minimum requirements), but I've never been there and you're still stuck with the road trip in a SWB 25+ year old vehicle. But boy that would be a lot of fun - I would ride with you there and back :thumb:

Romer
03-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Don't you have a rider splitting the food gas and loging? Just want to make sure the math is right.

nakman
03-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Don't you have a rider splitting the food gas and loging? Just want to make sure the math is right.

And doesn't your rider also own a built up 80? maybe he should drive :D

Hulk
03-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Matt, seems to me that an FJ40 on 33s would do the Rubicon fine (IIRC it's the minimum requirements), but I've never been there and you're still stuck with the road trip in a SWB 25+ year old vehicle. But boy that would be a lot of fun - I would ride with you there and back :thumb:

Aren't you driving your 40?

You're probably right. I could probably just take my 40 as is and be fine.

I'm just not sure the trip would be much fun. Driving out to Moab in the 40 wears me out. It's hot, very noisy, and jostles the crap out of me to the point of nausea.

subzali
03-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Aren't you driving your 40?

No, I'm riding the whole way. I ain't ready to take my 40 the way it is on the Rubicon, and that's okay, I'm biding my time so I can do it right when I am ready :p:

I know it's a long way, but you put the ear plugs in, set your foot in the cruise position ;), switch drivers every few hours and get out and stretch as much as you can (probably every 2-3 hours due to having to top off the tank), I bet it's doable.

You're right though - late June cruising through Nevada and Utah in a non-air conditioned vehicle - I've thought of things that were more fun - but think about the Rubicon in an FJ40...

Uncle Ben
03-24-2008, 05:37 PM
No, I'm riding the whole way. I ain't ready to take my 40 the way it is on the Rubicon, and that's okay, I'm biding my time so I can do it right when I am ready :p:

I know it's a long way, but you put the ear plugs in, set your foot in the cruise position ;), switch drivers every few hours and get out and stretch as much as you can (probably every 2-3 hours due to having to top off the tank), I bet it's doable.

Man....if I didn't know better I would think you had a straight axle mini/runner! :lmao: :bolt:

corsair23
03-24-2008, 05:46 PM

EXACTLY :D - Although that won't help with the "other" stuff :o...How much of an absolute requirement is the 4" lift and 35s :confused:...35s buy you what, an 1" more clearance? What are you guys running suspension wise with your 35s? I didn't think anyone in the club had Slee's 4" lift installed :confused:

And doesn't your rider also own a built up 80? maybe he should drive :D

:eek: - You funny...No way I'm ready for the Rubicon that's why I'm hoping to hitch a ride :hill:. And Matt and I are pretty much set up identically right now rig wise only he'll have a much prettier engine here soon :thumb:.

Romer
03-24-2008, 05:53 PM
I am running J's and L shocks

Hulk
03-24-2008, 06:01 PM
I have some 1.5" aluminum spacers for the front that I bought from FJBen about a year ago. I don't have any spacers for the back, but maybe I could get some. Then all I would need is longer shocks? Lowered bump stops? How cheap can I do a lift that will clear 35s?

Romer
03-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Matt, what I have found is you can sell your old springs from half to about 2/3's of the new price depending on condition. So It might be better to try J's on the rear and use your spacers on the front. Then sell yourold springs to recoop most of the costs.

I did the springs and then did J shocks and bump stops later. It's not all or nothing, you can build up your setup and upgrade as you go.

Rock Dog
03-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Matt, i am thinking about running the trail in my Gold Runner on 33's.
The crawler boxes should help a bit. For the Drive out with the rag top it is noisy, hot, but a bit nicer than the 40. I may have an open seat if i can whip it into shape by then....

nuclearlemon
03-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Matt, i am thinking about running the trail in my Gold Runner on 33's.
The crawler boxes should help a bit. For the Drive out with the rag top it is noisy, hot, but a bit nicer than the 40. I may have an open seat if i can whip it into shape by then....

squeaking might drive you mad by the time you get there :lmao:

Rock Dog
03-24-2008, 06:33 PM
I drove it today and it is squeaking more than ever.....

Rzeppa
03-24-2008, 08:23 PM
If I'm going to go, I want 35" tires and enough lift to deal with them. When I talked with Tony Twiddy, he said the one 80-series with 33" tires that ran the Rubithon last year really struggled.

I'm going to need tires fairly soon anyway, although if I buy another set of 285s I will only need 4, since my used spare is still in good shape. But I can potentially take these out of the equation, since I'm going to need tires whether I go to Rubithon or not.

I'm just not sure if I can afford the 4" lift I'll need to clear the 35" tires. And then there's another $750-1000 in fuel costs for the trip. Plus food and an occasional motel room. I figure to do this thing right, I'm going to need $1800 for food/gas/lodging + $2200 for a 4" lift + $1200 for tires. That's $5200 that I don't have.

I could probably get my FJ40 ready for action with less money. If I cut the rear wheel wells, I could stuff 35" tires in there now (I have a 4" lift on it now). I have some 4.11 diffs in my garage, ready to be swapped in. Beyond that, I probably need to do some fluid replacement. But then I'm faced with 2500 miles in an FJ40 -- I'm not sure whether that really sounds like fun. I'd still have to buy some tires, although for the 40 I could buy some used ones, since it's not my DD.

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up. I haven't made a decision yet, but I'm pretty gloomy today.

:(

Matt, first, remember that STOCK, BONE STOCK FJ40s used to do the Rubicon trail in the mid 1960s for the Jamboree. You're a good driver, which gives you a major advantage. Before trail teams were invented, they test ran a stock FJ Cruiser on that trail.

Second, the difference between 33s and 35s is fairly minimal (in my first hand experience). Either your 80 or your 40 could do Rubithon as-is without plunking down major coin on lifts and bigger tires.

If I were in your position, I would take Hulk. Not as much worries from rock rash (compared to a wagon), and it's the real deal. The 80 has A/C and is quieter on the road, probably has more room for gear. Okay, flip a coin. Personally, I don't mind highway in a 40 series as much as a lot of folks, but then I'm not like most folks :-)

But here's my advice: Your a good driver and that counts a lot more than 33s versus 35s as far as getting through the trail.

powderpig
03-24-2008, 09:18 PM
What about finding some 1" spacers to get the suspension up a bit(front and rear), make some bump stops if you need to control some rub. Buy the 35's you want and call it good for now. As for the ride out, camp mostly, Fuel if looking at 3.50/ gal and 100 gal each way with a full tank at the begining, that is like 900 give or take. Split between you and your passenger. Food is food no matter if you are home or on the road. This get the bill down a bit. Tires are the big dollar ticket here. You need tires no matter what(difference between the 33 and 35 is not that much, heck I have a 35 mtr for a spare if you need, not mounted with some tread left), and Ben is doing the swap on the gears(hope so).
Any how it does not have to be as big a bill as you are presenting. I am sure some other ideas are out there with some other folks. Some guys on mud run 35's with a 2.5 inch lift( and report no rubbing). It can be possiable. Good luck with this.

Romer
03-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Fied it for you

What about finding some 1" spacers to get the suspension up a bit(front and rear), make some bump stops if you need to control some rub. Buy the 35's you want and call it good for now. As for the ride out, camp mostly, Fuel if looking at 3.50/ gal and 100 gal each way with a full tank at the begining, that is like 900 give or take. Split between you and your passenger. Food is food no matter if you are home or on the road. This get the bill down a bit. Tires are the big dollar ticket here. You need tires no matter what(difference between the 33 and 35 is not that much, heck I have a 35 mtr for a spare if you need, not mounted with some tread left), and Ben is doing the swap on the gears(hope so).
Any how it does not have to be as big a bill as you are presenting. I am sure some other ideas are out there with some other folks. Some guys on mud run 35's with a 2.5 inch lift( and report no rubbing). It can be possiable.

Why run 6 cylinders when 5 will get you most of the way there. I will use Black FPIG and not waste money on expensive gaskets to save you some dollars. I well sell your head and used one off of Oleg's wrecks and that will buy one tire. Toyota over engineered these engines and you don't need all these parts and can sell them. Lots of options to reduce cost.

Good luck with this.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/attachment.php?attachmentid=8396&stc=1&d=1206399510

Shark Bait
03-24-2008, 11:13 PM
I did the Rubicon Trail in 1988(?) in a lifted IFS Toyota pickup with 33" tires and did just fine.

I understand the $$ part. After all I've thrown at my FJ40 (and I'm still throwing), I'd love to split costs with someone. I am seriously considering flat towing my 40 with my 80. Ride with me. Split the fuel and lodging costs with me an share the driving. It'll be a blast! I figure if my 40 craps out at least I have a way to get it home.

Heck, I'd even entertain 2 or 3 passengers. That would really lower the cost.

Let me know. :D

Hulk
03-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Thanks for all the thoughts, guys. I will look into doing the lift on the cheap. As I mentioned, I already have some 1.5" spacers for the front. Anyone know what I can use to space the back? Or should I just buy some J springs and hope that they get me level?

I'm still not certain if that means I can afford to go.

Tch2fly
03-25-2008, 08:26 AM
Thanks for all the thoughts, guys. I will look into doing the lift on the cheap. As I mentioned, I already have some 1.5" spacers for the front. Anyone know what I can use to space the back? Or should I just buy some J springs and hope that they get me level?

I'm still not certain if that means I can afford to go.

My truck is pretty heavy in the front but I have Js with 1.5" spacers and they are level with my 863 "heavy" rears. I'll bet your truck is lighter than my truck in the back (note careful wording to avoid heavy rear-end jokes and quotes ;)) and so you should have similar clearance. I have not flexed it much but don't think I'd have issues.
I'm switching to extra heavy 864s (trailer towing issue) so the heavies would available at a bigtime-super-duper-extrie-low club member price ;)

MDH33
03-25-2008, 09:19 AM
Drive your 40 Matt. I'm planning on driving my '73 with LTB's and manual steering. I've never owned a vehicle with air conditioning. Driving across country in a 40 will be FUN with the right attitude. Heck, I don't even have a radio besides the CB! Just the sweet music of the 2F, hum of the swampers and flap flap flap of the soft top. And I can't wait to get to the Rubicon and ditch my doors and top and wheel in my open 40. :thumb:

nakman
03-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Hey Mike there's a guy on mud selling a set of 864's, did you see that? Was on the first page last night, shouldn't be too buried at this point.

Matt you can get spacers for the rear, maybe Christo has some?.. MAF sells the trim packers but like their name states, they ain't free.

But I think that's the wrong direction personally: you want to set your truck up good, and do it right, once. Don't hack together a makeshift lift that will just annoy you, or worse create an issue we get to resolve 1000 miles away from our jack stands.. Remember you need to cut your sliders down to prevent 35's from rubbing too... and if you switch shocks you definitely have to do bump stops. Why not just snatch up a set of used 33's from someone and just go for it as-is? Like Jeff said, you're a good driver and can totally do the trail with 33's, we're talking a 20mm difference in clearance here, I bet you could find a used set of tires for ~$300 and you're done, take the 80.

or just drive the 40, you can hop in with me while Subzali drives if you need a break from the wind.

Then do the real 4" lift, gears, slider mods, and 35's this coming winter..

DaveInDenver
03-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Drive your 40 Matt.
I agree, just go, man! Do whatever you think you need, but just run whatever junk you get ready. I was stressing over it and still am, but whatever will be will be. Staying home isn't an option for me mentally at this point.
I've never owned a vehicle with air conditioning.
It was a trip not unlike this one that got me off the dime. Our Grand Canyon trip a few Octobers back found 100F in St. George still. That was miserable. I installed A/C in the truck a couple of summers ago, very nice.

timmbuck2
03-25-2008, 10:18 AM
not to hijack....but damn, if Subzali's 40 is not 'ready' for Rubithon, what chance does MY 40 have?!? And my 80 is nowhere near ready...and I need vacation time for when the baby comes in August............

MDH33
03-25-2008, 10:37 AM
I'm just not sure the trip would be much fun. Driving out to Moab in the 40 wears me out. It's hot, very noisy, and jostles the crap out of me to the point of nausea.

On second thought, after reading this post: I think you should just sell your 40 and use the funds to fix your 80 and go on the trip.

DaveInDenver
03-25-2008, 10:40 AM
not to hijack....but damn, if Subzali's 40 is not 'ready' for Rubithon, what chance does MY 40 have?!? And my 80 is nowhere near ready...and I need vacation time for when the baby comes in August............
I think Subzali worries too much. I figure if I keep telling myself my truck isn't ready or whatever I'll never do anything. It's been a slow speed train wreck for 8 years now and you see how far it's come... I'm coming to terms with the fact that it will never get an SAS, bobb'ed tail, 35" tires and all that. So I'm just doing it and keeping my fingers crossed. Once I get the sliders on and finish hacking up my Budbuilt IFS skid I will be able to start getting a feel for how bad this is gonna hurt. By mid April I hope to be testing it on stuff to see... I think we get too dazzled by gadgets and convinced we need this bit or that that we paralyze ourselves from taking any risk. They're just trucks and can be fixed! How cool will it be getting my junk through the Rubicon?

Red_Chili
03-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Or you could call your friend Bill with the plasma cutter and remove all those offending IFS bits...
BTW, your sliders *should* be ready to install this weekend.

subzali
03-25-2008, 10:56 AM

I'm just being anal retentive about my truck - last year it swallowed a hose clamp that took me two months of wrenching in the cold dark to get back on the road. This winter I broke my rear pinion in Moab that again took about two months of wrenching to get back on the road. I'm tired of working on my truck, so I'm keeping it on trails that I have a good chance of NOT breaking something on. I'm not doing Spring Creek this year, even though I've done it twice with no problems. The hardest the trails are going to get this year at Moab are the Overnight run, Elephant Hill, and maybe Onion Creek.

I'm sure my 40 could do the Rubicon sitting on 31s with a rear locker and manual steering - but you know what? I just don't want to deal with it, it's kinda like I'm tempting fate - I would rather go back there when (if) I'm sprung over, sitting on 35s, power steering, with heavier duty springs to carry the extra weight of my camping gear, fuel, and other storage and spare parts. The minimum requirements are 33s, I don't want to do a 4" spring under lift to accomplish this, and frankly I don't have the money or time to dedicate to this to make my truck ready. For me personally - sure maybe I could do it, but I don't think this is the right trip (for me) to be getting by by the skin of my teeth. I'm just choosing to fight a different battle. :twocents:

I wouldn't mind driving my 40 out there, but why? So I can park it somewhere and have it stolen by the end of the weekend? So I can shake rattle and roll myself to death without the benefit of taking it on the trail (just because I have decided that's not what I want to do)? No, I would rather split the driving time (I just did the drive a year ago, I know how long it is) and the fuel costs with somebody else who is planning on running their rig on the trail. Like Matt's 40. Or someone's 80. Or whatever.

On second thought, after reading this post: I think you should just sell your 40 and use the funds to fix your 80 and go on the trip.

The only problem with this is that pretty much every Cruiserhead who has sold their 40 has regretted it for years, and usually ends up getting a new one later. But usually that new one isn't as good as the one they originally had. You have history with a truck and it's hard to get rid of.

Sorry for the hijack, Matt it would seem to me that if your 80 has sliders in addition to its front and rear bumpers then sitting on 33s will get you through the trail (remember we have EXCELLENT spotters in our group), and if you're still worried about it then I am 100% with you if you decide to drive your 40 :thumb:

Shark Bait
03-25-2008, 11:05 AM
I know all you guys want to take your own cruisers. But I'd sure love to cut costs. Should I start a "Riders Wanted" thread? :D

DaveInDenver
03-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Or you could call your friend Bill with the plasma cutter and remove all those offending IFS bits...
If there was a way to keep 33" tires and lift to stock height + 2" with an SAS, I would have thought about it. I can't see any way to do that without going to push-pull steering and flat stock springs. Maybe Steve Schaefer's way with a spring-under configuration could work, but that's a very custom one-off.

What can I say, hard core rock crawling just isn't in my DNA. I don't expect this to be a super clean run for my truck, it will be a lot of scraping, grinding and careful spotting (like Subzali say, lots of good spotters in the club). So what? As long as I have fun and keep the straps to a minimum, I'll be stoked.

Tch2fly
03-25-2008, 11:17 AM
My motto:
It's only money .... just make more ;)

OK sell the 40 and forget all the complex lift configurations, here is the solution for ride height and to have for the COOLEST 80 in Colo
Volvo Portal axles (http://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/208759-volvo-portal-axles.html)

they are in Boulder:thumb:

Red_Chili
03-25-2008, 11:34 AM
If there was a way to keep 33" tires and lift to stock height + 2" with an SAS, I would have thought about it. I can't see any way to do that without going to push-pull steering and flat stock springs. Maybe Steve Schaefer's way with a spring-under configuration could work, but that's a very custom one-off.

What can I say, hard core rock crawling just isn't in my DNA. I don't expect this to be a super clean run for my truck, it will be a lot of scraping, grinding and careful spotting (like Subzali say, lots of good spotters in the club). So what? As long as I have fun and keep the straps to a minimum, I'll be stoked.
Stock +2 with a SAS will have its own limitations with an XtraCab, and would not net you much capability. But there is ALWAYS a way to gitterdun. :weld:
http://www.paravia.com/DonMaitz/Version3/Artwork/Pirates/CaptainMorgan/images/CaptainMorgan2.jpg
Yarrr.

Romer
03-25-2008, 12:06 PM
The only problem with this is that pretty much every Cruiserhead who has sold their 40 has regretted it for years, and usually ends up getting a new one later. But usually that new one isn't as good as the one they originally had. You have history with a truck and it's hard to get rid of.

I would have loved to have kept my 40. I would have regretted it had I used the $$ to fund something like a kitchen overhaul. However, I used every penny in the upgrade of my 80 to build it the way I wanted it. I have no regrets. I may get another 40 one day for fun, but that won't be based on regrets.

RockRunner
03-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Oh, and the tailgate now is the perfect height for cooking and post ride beer bottle support...

Now you're talking, keep it the way it is.............don't want to mess up the "Post ride beer bottle support" :beer::beer::beer: :lmao:

nakman
03-25-2008, 12:33 PM
I would have loved to have kept my 40. I would have regretted it had I used the $$ to fund something like a kitchen overhaul. However, I used every penny in the upgrade of my 80 to build it the way I wanted it. I have no regrets. I may get another 40 one day for fun, but that won't be based on regrets.

I also miss that 40 dearly, but don't regret selling it even though it was to buy a Subaru which helped get me up the hill to overhaul the kitchen. :D And I can't wait for my next 40, it's going to have a lot of what I liked about the last one, plus a couple things it didn't have. that said, don't sell your 40 Matt... it's just one trip to the Rubicon which will be over long before your son has the chance to drive the 40.

Romer
03-25-2008, 12:38 PM
which helped get me up the hill to overhaul the kitchen. :D

No dig intentended my friend, my comment was that two moderate built cruisers became one well built cruiser. So in spirit, the 40 is still there everytime I floor the 80 on the on ramp and the supercharger goes to max boost:D

RockRunner
03-25-2008, 11:34 PM
Take a look at this add http://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/212564-nib-ome-j-springs-long-travel-shocks.html My be sold already but ?????

Hulk
03-26-2008, 12:15 AM
OK, I'm feeling a little better about money today. I'm going to proceed with my plan to lift my 80 and put 35s on it. We'll see where I end up.

As far as my 40 goes... I still love FJ40s, and I have a long history with this one. I've been tempted to go down the "Romer Plan" many times over the last several years, sell it and do a bunch of upgrades to the 80 at once. But this is my second 40. There was a 2-year gap between my old 1975 FJ40 and this one -- and all I wanted to do was buy another 40 the whole time. I've owned this one for 9 years. I don't want to sell it, but I also don't really want to drive it 2500 miles. If it was 300 miles each way, I'd probably take my 40. Every summer, when I remove the soft top and run nothing but the bikini top for 3 months, I fall in love with my 40 all over again.

Romer
03-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Matt, you have a beautiful 40. Keeping it is the right thing.

RockRunner
03-26-2008, 08:52 AM
I agree with Romer, keep the 40. Only sell it if you really have to, and then still think twice.

corsair23
03-26-2008, 12:50 PM
OK, I'm feeling a little better about money today. I'm going to proceed with my plan to lift my 80 and put 35s on it. We'll see where I end up.

:thumb: and :cool: - Of course I have a VERY strong bias toward you going :D

As for the 40...Keep it! There is just something :cool: about owning a 40 and I would have to have a VERY compelling reason to sell mine as I still have dreams of one day actually enjoying it :)

PatrolMan
03-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Agreed... It has taken me about 4 years to build my 4Runner. I have had my 69 Patrol for 12 years now and wouldn't sell it for any other vehicle "improvements". The 4Runner upgrades were more labor and creative finds/trades than just dumping $. It isn't set to do the Rubicon, but does what I personally need it for. Just like was stated, I fall in love with the Patrol each time I take the top/doors off! Nothing else like it and I definately have a personal relationship with it!

Caribou Sandstorm
05-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey you guys,

maybe this will help with the $$$

Last week Matt at 4Wheel parts offered 50% off labor, so I lifted my FJC 3" and put on the ARB w/winch and got 33" tires. I went with the Pro Comp lift. It was only 500.00 and came with coils, shocks and struts. It turns out it was a bit higher then I anticipated. But the wife is good with it (her car) and it fits in the garage. With the 33" BFG ATS, I pulled up to a guy with a similar lift and mine seemed higher.

Just food for thought but I bet you would be plenty good with a similar 3" Pro Comp set up with 33" and be more then good for Rubithon.

I am one day away from the deadline and the wife stopped throwing things at me when I bring it up, so I may be in, Robbie this is the latest news....

Caribou Sandstorm
05-29-2008, 03:07 PM
At first I ws not sure about Pro Comp, I called them, spoke to their technical guy.

They use the same Monroe shocks and OME but they get them from Monroe North America vs coming from Monroe Australia. That is the only reason why they are less expensive. Allegedly.....

But seriously it took a day to get used to and a few calls to some experienced CM members but I am very happy with the way the truck is riding.

Hulk
05-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Cool, sounds like you are really getting immersed in this hobby of ours!

FWIW, I started this thread a while ago. I am going to Rubithon.

Caribou Sandstorm
05-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Sweet!

I am leaning toward going. Seems like great timing for me to learn from Robbie, since he is leading the FJC group. I need to get a few under armors installed and I am good to go.

Maybe I can ask you a few questions about what I need to bring?

Caribou Sandstorm
05-29-2008, 11:48 PM
I see what you mean, the last post before mine was 3/27..I am sure your truck is ready by now....haha...

Hulk
05-30-2008, 12:31 AM
Maybe I can ask you a few questions about what I need to bring?

Start reading all the threads in the Rubithon sub-forum under 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area. That will give you a good list to start with.