PDA

View Full Version : What's a Prado?

ScaldedDog
03-30-2008, 09:21 AM
We were in Aruba this week, and took several taxi rides in a LC "Prado". Looked kinda like a mix between a Highlander and 4Runner, but with a diesel engine and 5-speed manual.

I want one. :thumb:

Mark

powderpig
03-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Heritage, Prado's were lc 90 the grew into the lc120. The 4/runner currently shares the frame and parts from 4 door Prado. So here in the USA, we have the 4/runner, gx470 and the FJ Cruiser sharing the same platform with a bit of variations. The Miller's have a diesel 90 series they were able to buy a few years ago.

DaveInDenver
03-30-2008, 09:31 AM
The Prado is the 120 series Land Cruiser. You CAN have one, the 4Runner, GX470, FJ Cruiser and Tacoma all share various amounts of 120 series chassis. The GX470 and 4Runner are very basically the same truck as the current Prado without diesel or stick shift options and some sheet metal differences. The FJC share a lot of mechanical parts but the frames are modified for the FJC. I dunno how close or dissimilar the Tacoma is to the wagons, but I'd guess that from the cab back they are different.

Anyway:
http://www.toyota120.com

ScaldedDog
03-30-2008, 12:11 PM
...without diesel or stick shift options...

Bummer. That was the most attractive part to me. Perhaps we'll get both options in coming years...

I did like the Prado instrument cluster better than the 4th gen 4Runner one, though.

Mark