PDA

View Full Version : RS Run Attendies

Uncle Ben
04-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Here is the list right now. Please post up any corrections that need to happen to this list. If there is a question mark by your name I am not clear on your intentions. The time is here to quit chatting and start getting organized! Use the chat thread for Rubithon chat and what-if's but lets keep the new thread clean and factual!

Registration has begun! You can, however, register late, clear up to June 1.

List moved towards the end of thread....

Tch2fly
04-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Put me down as confirmed (registration mails today :o)
and you can add "fridge" to my rig :woot:

DaveInDenver
04-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Small addition, we have sent in our registration and so absent major issue we are definite.

RockRunner
04-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Registration has been send two weeks ago and a fridge is on order from Christo.

Convert
04-03-2008, 10:07 AM
UB I will have a rider and the registration has been sent :thumb:

Romer
04-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Just wrote the check and put the registration in the mail

No shower at this time on my truck . . . . . but there is still time. I do have a lodi system. I wasn't that thrilled with it.

Hulk
04-04-2008, 11:05 AM
2.Matt F & Jeff z. - 80 w/fridge

No fridge at present. But we're still in!!! :thumb:

Uncle Ben
04-14-2008, 04:24 PM
"The new phone books are here....the new phone books are here...." :rolleyes:

nakman
04-14-2008, 05:21 PM
I still haven't sent in my registration, but will do so shortly. The Kevin K. +1 is accurate, but cross off RTT and add a fridge.

Uncle Ben
04-14-2008, 06:02 PM
I still haven't sent in my registration, but will do so shortly. The Kevin K. +1 is accurate, but cross off RTT and add a fridge.

Done!

Convert
04-14-2008, 07:46 PM
"The new phone books are here....the new phone books are here...." :rolleyes:

Got mine too!! :woot:

DaveInDenver
04-14-2008, 08:44 PM
We got our confirmation today, too. Double Locker Run, right? :-)

Hulk
04-15-2008, 08:57 AM
My form was sent in about a week ago!

corsair23
04-16-2008, 01:23 AM
No fridge at present. But we're still in!!! :thumb:

AND we have a potty :hill:

Mendocino
05-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Anyone have room for a fly and ride rider?:thumb:

Uncle Ben
05-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Anyone have room for a fly and ride rider?:thumb:

At this point I have a seat open again. Henry Brimmer was gonna occupy it but got a better offer to ride with Mudrak. I'm sure there will be space available!

DaveInDenver
05-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Darn that Brimmer! But the more the merrier. It only helps with more members since this is the Rising Sun Rubithon Invasion. We should set a day for a Rubithon get together to compare notes and plan a weekend shake-down trip.

Uncle Ben
05-03-2008, 07:50 AM
Darn that Brimmer! But the more the merrier. It only helps with more members since this is the Rising Sun Rubithon Invasion. We should set a day for a Rubithon get together to compare notes and plan a weekend shake-down trip.

We are still going to see him as he will be on the trail the same day. He wants to photograph us and the Wagon Run as well as Garys Double Locker Run that will fly by us.

DaveInDenver
05-03-2008, 08:06 AM
He wants to photograph us
Cool, just wanted to make sure I show up in the 2009 calendar. :-)

Romer
05-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Talked to Tony, he is going to make sure we are first or 2nd out on Sunday Morning

Uncle Ben
05-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Talked to Tony, he is going to make sure we are first or 2nd out on Sunday Morning

Awesome! Thanks Romer!

subzali
05-07-2008, 09:30 AM
After giving it some more thought, I'm not going to make it. Count me out.

EDIT:
I wasn't going to take my truck anyway from the get-go. I don't meet the minimum requirements and didn't want to risk driving that far with the potential damage that could be incurred due to lack of experience, lack of tire size, lockers, body armor, rear recovery point, not to mention being weighed down with camping gear etc. that I don't have an effective way to store.

So since I wasn't taking my truck I had to weigh the benefits of me going with someone else. Basically I saw a lot of $$ in registration, lodging, and fuel splitting, money that I'd prefer to use to pay off my credit card for good and start working toward other long-term goals. Plus my priorities are changing a lot right now, Cruise Moab taught me that and even though it was a blast and I had a great time it also gave me time to think about what I was doing and why I was there and I concluded that Cruise Moab was acceptable given the circumstances but Rubithon is not. It's very likely that Cruise Moab next year may not be acceptable, we'll see; at the moment I don't plan on going.

Uncle Ben
05-07-2008, 11:47 AM
After giving it some more thought, I'm not going to make it. Count me out.

Bummer....but ya have to have a reason or I'm not pulling you off the list! :rolleyes: ;)

timmbuck2
05-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Don't pull me off the list yet...but the $$...plus the time off (need time off for baby also)...plus the time and energy and help needed to get *one* of my trucks ready for Rubicon...gonna be tough...

T

Rock Dog
05-07-2008, 05:37 PM
I spoke to Bob Brown, and if for some reason i cannot make it by Sun, he will run the back way with me over cadillac hill on tuesday so we don't miss all the fun...

Hulk
05-07-2008, 06:01 PM
I spoke to Bob Brown, and if for some reason i cannot make it by Sun, he will run the back way with me over cadillac hill on tuesday so we don't miss all the fun...

I don't understand this comment. We're leaving Denver on the Monday before the event, not on Sunday. We'll be driving all day on Monday & Tuesday. Our entry to the trail will be on Wednesday.

If you're planning on going the back way on Tuesday, that will be a full day before we are on the trail.

If you're talking about the following Sunday, that's the day everyone will be leaving.

Romer
05-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Rachel and I are excited about going. There is one thing that may prevent me from going.

For 6 months I have been working my way through a series of people and milestones to brief a specific Admiral. I am told this may occur in mid June. This is not something I can delegate and we have a lot riding on the outcome of this meeting.

Probably more than I needed to say, but my luck is these meetings always happen when I don't want then to like the one that just popped up on top of the June meeting.

I am at the conveinace of his office when it is scheduled and when they notify me.

Hulk
05-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Rachel and I are excited about going. There is one thing that may prevent me from going.

For 6 months I have been working my way through a series of people and milestones to brief a specific Admiral. I am told this may occur in mid June. This is not something I can delegate and we have a lot riding on the outcome of this meeting.

Probably more than I needed to say, but my luck is these meetings always happen when I don't want then to like the one that just popped up on top of the June meeting.

I am at the conveinace of his office when it is scheduled and when they notify me.

That's understandable. Here's hoping he wants to see you in very early June!

Romer
05-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Woohooo Registration confirmation came today

Shark Bait
05-19-2008, 06:42 PM
I was trying to line Barry Reuter up to haul a few of us out there, but I can't get a call back from him. I'd still love to share fuel costs with someone.

mtncrsr
05-21-2008, 06:13 PM
I forgot to mention that a couple of weeks ago I received my registration confirmation:D:D

Convert
05-21-2008, 09:16 PM
UB should we finalize the list ? Maybe it will help with planning ?

wesintl
05-21-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm out. Sorry, I'll have to Rubicon it another time.

Uncle Ben
05-21-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm out. Sorry, I'll have to Rubicon it another time.

Bummer! You are already missed! Thank you for the update! :(

Romer
05-21-2008, 10:36 PM
I think Tim has two passengers

Shark Bait
05-21-2008, 10:57 PM
I forgot to mention that a couple of weeks ago I received my registration confirmation:D:D

Are you driving out? I'm looking for a rider. :hill:

I have a confirmed registration, BTW.

Who is Tim's other rider? I have an extra seat for the whole trip.

Uncle Ben
05-21-2008, 11:45 PM
I think Tim has two passengers

Then he should post up!

mtncrsr
05-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Are you driving out? I'm looking for a rider. :hill:

I have a confirmed registration, BTW.

Who is Tim's other rider? I have an extra seat for the whole trip.

Unfortunately for the trip out I think that we are kind of full with my wife and I and three daughters in the cab of the truck. Sorry!:o

mtncrsr
05-22-2008, 08:36 AM
I have purchased a toilet if you need that info posted.

Uncle Ben
05-22-2008, 10:00 AM
:bowdown: http://www.emofaces.com/en/buddy-icons/r/radar-buddy-icon-animated.gif

RockRunner
05-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Kevin, registration confirmation has been received and we bought a toilet too, simple one.

I am working on a 10x12' shade cover that will be attached to the truck.

Uncle Ben
05-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Thanks all....list is updated! Bruce, who are you riding with?

60wag
05-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Tentatively, Tim is picking me up in Reno. On the trail I'd like to move around and make use of any open seats.

Uncle Ben
05-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Tentatively, Tim is picking me up in Reno. On the trail I'd like to move around and make use of any open seats.

Awesome! So that means you are Tim's "+1"? :confused:

Romer
05-22-2008, 11:12 AM
I thought Kevin from Canada was also riding with Tim

Tim??????

Uncle Ben
05-22-2008, 11:12 AM
I thought Kevin from Canada was also riding with Tim

Tim??????

It's on the list!

nakman
05-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Geez you guys... :rolleyes:

Yeah Kevin's riding out there & back with me. We're picking Bruce up in Reno. I'm also trying to persuade Martin to leave his 40 & 60 behind and hop in with us (any help there from you guys would be great).

Romer
05-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Six 80's
Two 40's
Two Mini's

10 Confirmed trucks, thats impressive!

Is Lexusben coming?

RockRunner
05-22-2008, 11:28 AM
We need more Mini's............;)

Convert
05-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Six 80's
Two 40's
Two Mini's

10 Confirmed trucks, thats impressive!

Is Lexusben coming?

Last I heard we was flying in and riding I will try to get a hold of him

Uncle Ben
05-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Geez you guys... :rolleyes:

Yeah Kevin's riding out there & back with me. We're picking Bruce up in Reno. I'm also trying to persuade Martin to leave his 40 & 60 behind and hop in with us (any help there from you guys would be great).

Not gonna get any help from me....Martin needs to wheel not concentrate on not spilling his freshly steamed Latte'! :p:

MDH33
05-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Not gonna get any help from me....Martin needs to wheel not concentrate on not spilling his freshly steamed Latte'! :p:

:D

True. However, I have proof that if you have mad skills , you can wheel a 40 AND enjoy your freshly steamed Latte:

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/299695297_VjmTx-L.jpg

:thumb:

Uncle Ben
05-22-2008, 02:16 PM
:thumb::thumb: :lmao::hill:

Hulk
05-22-2008, 04:40 PM
:bowdown: http://www.emofaces.com/en/buddy-icons/r/radar-buddy-icon-animated.gif

Wes must've restored it -- I couldn't figure it out.

Uncle Ben
05-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Wes must've restored it -- I couldn't figure it out.

Radar was the master and took his mod duties over the top! :thumb: ;)

Convert
05-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Ben is out, plans changed again

Three Wheel Ben
05-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Ben is out, plans changed again

Yep, sorry. I'll be at the four seasons in Carlsbad while you guys are wheeling. I would much rather be in a tent on the rubicon. :(

Oh well maybe next time. Thanks everyone for the accomodation offers.

:cheers:

zornff
05-23-2008, 11:13 PM
The :Princess: and i are going. Planning on leaving Monday from Pagosa Springs. Hoping to make the drive in 1 day pending no issues. We plan on taking a day cruising around Placerville trying to find the home that my family lived in when i was a kid. Then run the trail on wednesday or thursday. I'm going to register tomorrow, and if its OK, i was going to register to run with my new club family :thumb:. Mad prep work is underway.
Mike

Uncle Ben
05-23-2008, 11:15 PM
The :Princess: and i are going. Planning on leaving Monday from Pagosa Springs. Hoping to make the drive in 1 day pending no issues. We plan on taking a day cruising around Placerville trying to find the home that my family lived in when i was a kid. Then run the trail on wednesday or thursday. I'm going to register tomorrow, and if its OK, i was going to register to run with my new club family :thumb:. Mad prep work is underway.
Mike

Great! What will you be driving and what are your amenities?

zornff
05-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Takin' the 40. RTT, 43 qt. fridge, zodi, pett. I am making a rack for the top so i can use my sierra designs tent as a rtt. I have a Mombassa RTT that someone is welcome to use, and i can bring it to the trailhead for you.

treerootCO
05-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Team Tuesday is in! :hill: Rollin' Rice Crispies

Uncle Ben
05-25-2008, 12:18 AM
Wooo hoooo! There goes the neighborhood....again! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

That first pic is great Root....haven't seen that one before! Gotta get Tuesday Wheelin' back on the schedule's!

Romer
05-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Thats 12 trucks with riders, over 20 club members. Other than Moab, this will be our largest out of state showing.

nakman
05-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Hey I got my confirmation in the mail today. :woot:

edit: :canada:Kevin, I ordered you a 2x T and beef dinner, eh.

timmbuck2
05-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Looks like delete Timm, add Zornff and add Cheseman with a possible date:eek:

Thats 12 trucks with riders, over 20 club members. Other than Moab, this will be our largest out of state showing.

:mad::(:mad::(:rip::bawl::banghead:

Rock Dog
05-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Kevin, since i am now a passanger in Chris's rig how do i order a shirt (2x) and beef dinner for Friday night? do ya have an inside line of who i should contact??
Just got back in town... Really wanted to squeak up the trail in the Gold runner, but riding with Chris in the 40 will be cool too :D

Uncle Ben
05-28-2008, 12:39 AM
Please don't quote lists! It gets very confusing as the quotes won't change when the posted lists do! :rant: ;)

Romer
05-28-2008, 08:14 AM
Please don't quote lists! It gets very confusing as the quotes won't change when the posted lists do! :rant: ;)

yes sir

Sorry about that

Uncle Ben
05-28-2008, 08:38 AM
yes sir

Sorry about that

Thank you sir! ;) :thumb:

Uncle Ben
05-28-2008, 08:42 AM
I may have to bail on some (or all) of the trip.

I got replacement ball joints and things are not lining up the way I want. I was hoping to be done with the modifications a month ago and I'm still trying to finish maintenance stuff. When I finish the ball joints (which I didn't plan on originally), I still need to try to deal with the alignment issue. I have other new and untried things, just too much risk to attempt the Rubicon.

Heck, I haven't even gotten a 100% firm thumb's up that I even have the time off, yet.

Let's put it this way, if I hadn't paid my money already, I would definitely NOT be doing the Rubithon. Just too many things to do and far too many unknowns. At this point I'm hoping to just get things together enough to try the road trip part and think I'm going to have to give up trying the Rubicon.

Wow, just saying that is a huge weight off my shoulders. I'm so stressed between work, the house, the truck. Haven't slept well in weeks and that's got to be a big part of why I'm feeling exhausted all the time. Or it could be the last 2 weeks of 10PM nights in the garage after 11 hours days at work. I might be getting 4 hours of sleep a night anymore.

I'd like to shoot to just do the drive out to California. Maybe I can park at the trailhead in Tahoe and walk or ride in. I'm really stressed about the Rubicon being the shake down run for a ton of changes. Different suspension, transfer gears, tires and there will be no chance for me to get in a trail before. Probably have to go into work this weekend and I was originally hoping to get up to see Terry for the last piece of armor. That'll have to be put off until next weekend, which is the weekend before we leave. Just cutting it too close.

While there isn't much I wouldn'tdo for ya I'm not gonna make it easy and scratch your name off just yet. I truly understand the overloaded stressed out part. I hope everything falls in place and it works out for you!

RockRunner
05-28-2008, 09:07 AM
Good news and bad news to report here...

Good news, truck ran well in Moab and I found only some minor things that need to be adjusted or changed.

Next good/GREAT news wait for it ..........Sharon drove all of Poison and Kane creek herself. We took the hardest lines we could find and she walked up them like a pro. Sure gave her some confidence in the truck and herself. We did not run Golden Spike (I believe if PSM) due to a time restraint.

Bad news,

I got a shot for my back on Thursday with mixed results. Started of great but soon went to heck, major pain returned. I took enough pain meds to knock out a small country with little relief. We came home Monday and discussed our options, so far they don't look good. I go in for a shot today at 4:00 pm and will wait for the results of it.

I have a appointment with a neurosurgeon on June 6th, that will tell me if the trip is on or ??? We both want to go and Sharon knows what this means to me but I am not stupid either............well??

If we do go I may be limited to my physical participation, moving rocks etc. would be a no no Helping others winch and or keep from tumbling would also be crossed of the list. I do not want to be THAT driver that never helped when needed but always needed help.

So............June 6th is the cut off date for me to decide one way or another. I will post ASAP with our decision as to what we are going to do. It hurts more to mae this decision than my back does right now.

nakman
05-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Yikes, sorry Dave to hear this but I understand where you're coming from... yes at the least do the trip out with us then you guys should walk/ride with some of the other trucks in the club for the actual Rubithon..

Tom that's a bummer with your back, man, I sure hope you recover quick. And that's awesome that Sharon drove those trails, wow so cool..

Uncle Ben
06-02-2008, 11:02 AM
yes sir

Sorry about that

Not too sorry it appears....still there! :p:

Uncle Ben
06-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Check out your name and update on your intentions. The time is here to quit chatting and start getting organized! Use the chat thread for Rubithon chat and what-if's but lets keep the new thread clean and factual!

Registration is closed!
Bold print is confirmed information

REV...6/3/08
1.Mike Moore - 40 w big fridge, RTT, shower, toilet
2.Matt F / Jeff z - 80 w/potte' (registration confirmation)
3.Tim N./Kevin K./** Bruce L. - 80 OBA, fridge (registration confirmation)
4.Dan R. +1 - 80 OBA, fridge, shower, toilet (registration confirmation)
5.Kevin/Treeroot - 80 w/fridge, shower, toilet (Registration confirmation!)
6. Mike W.+1 - FZJ80, fridge (registration confirmation!)
7. Chris H./ Quigs - 40 w/fridge?, toilet (registration confirmation) Towing out
8. Ken R. + Rachel - 80 fridge, loaded , toilet(registration confirmation!)
9. Dave & Kirsten - mini (registration confirmation)
10. Loren +family- FJ-40 w/toilet(registration confirmation)
11. Greg L. + Leatherface - Rnnr , "They 'll be just fine!"
**Bruce L.- Fly in & ride

Crash
06-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Add me to line #11 please and change it to read "They'll be just fine"!
Steve

Shark Bait
06-02-2008, 11:39 AM
I don't have a toilet, yet. Just a fridge.

Romer
06-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Not too sorry it appears....still there! :p:

where?

Add shower for Romer

Uncle Ben
06-02-2008, 01:57 PM
I don't have a toilet, yet. Just a fridge.

Toilets and gloves are mandatory according to the rules. Rubithon info... (http://www.rubithon.com/trail-runs.shtml)

Tch2fly
06-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Toilets and gloves are mandatory according to the rules. Rubithon info... (http://www.rubithon.com/trail-runs.shtml)

I never bothered to put it down since I didn't think it was an option, you can certainly add it to mine. I always had the potty and WAG bags but I should have the enclosure by then.

treerootCO
06-02-2008, 02:15 PM

You've got bigger problems if you need gloves and a toilet.

DaveInDenver
06-02-2008, 02:22 PM
We have a cheap-o, Reliance Luggable Loo. These are usually around $15 if you get it with the 5 gallon pail, about $10 for just the seat (it snaps on any 5 or 7 gallon bucket). We ended up spending $25 for 12 of the Double Duty bags with the bio-stuff (their version of the WAG bag).

http://relianceproducts.com/consumer/product/96.html

http://relianceproducts.com/consumer/product/192.html
All Drivers will ensure their Spotters have gloves at the ready. Gloves will be worn when spotting or stacking rocks
All vehicles must also have or carry: Hi Lift Jack easily accessible, front and rear hooks or strap attachment points, a strap (no chains or metal hooks), working fire extinguisher, first aid kit and personal toilet
every truck in attendance to have the ability to pack out any and all human waste

Crash
06-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Kevin,
You bring the chainsaw and I'll bring the mask and we can make up lots of batches of barbecue and chili. YUM!!!

Uncle Ben
06-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Kevin,
You bring the chainsaw and I'll bring the mask and we can make up lots of batches of barbecue and chili. YUM!!!

Done!

Hulk
06-03-2008, 04:24 PM
From Tony Twiddy:

Matt... share with your group, here is the RS list...

Note, I need you folks to be ready and fall in directly behind Andy's wagon run. While you are a separate group, I want you folks right behind him...

Run Roster

Run - Assigned committee Last Name First Names Phone City State Vehicle Skill Level

Rising Sun Armbruster David 303-282-0251 Denver CO Mini Not Run Rubicon

Rising Sun Ehrlick Kevin 303-913-2455 Louisville CO FJ80 Have Run Rubicon

Rising Sun Farr Matt 303-918-7099 Centennial CO FJ80 Not Run Rubicon

Rising Sun Hatfield Chris and N. Quigley 303-324-8751 Parker CO FJ40 Not Run Rubicon

Rising Sun Luer Greg 303-904-9077 Littleton CO

Rising Sun Nakari Tim 303-250-7573 Evergreen CO FJ80 Not Run Rubicon

Rising Sun Perlan Loren 303-279-4568 Arvada CO FJ40 Not Run Rubicon

Rising Sun Reinmuth Dan 303-650-1382 Westminster CO FJ80 Not Run Rubicon

Rising Sun Romer Ken 303-419-9936 Englewood CO FJ80 Not Run Rubicon

Rising Sun Worth Michael A. 303-791-8912 Littleton CO FJ80 Not Run Rubicon

Romer
06-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Youd think the past president of TLCA would know the difference between a FJ80 and FZJ80 :D

Zornff does not appear on this list

Hulk
06-03-2008, 06:09 PM

Is that his real name? I will email Tony.

Hulk
06-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Also, I asked Tony what time Andy's run was leaving. Answer:

I think he is targeting 8 AM or even earlier...
You guys were 9... but basically fall in behind, to help at least guide where the trial is.

Romer
06-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Zorffs name is Mike Moore from pagosa springs colorado

Shark Bait
06-03-2008, 08:11 PM
I have run the Rubicon before, BTW. :D

Hulk
06-03-2008, 09:50 PM

I have run the Rubicon before, BTW. :D

OK, I passed these items on to Tony. :thumb:

Romer
06-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Dan Busey is on Andy's run and he said he has to be ready to leave at 7:30 from the Reservoir. Good thing is thats California time so it's 8:30 for us.

Shark Bait
06-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Whatever happened to Martin? Is he not going now?

Hulk
06-04-2008, 10:57 AM

From Tony Twiddy:
"Mike has signed up for the double locker run. apparently, he wanted more..."

Does anyone know Zornff well enough to contact him and ask if he wanted to join us, but signed up for the wrong run? Most of us have double lockers... :D

Uncle Ben
06-04-2008, 11:53 AM
From Tony Twiddy:
"Mike has signed up for the double locker run. apparently, he wanted more..."

Does anyone know Zornff well enough to contact him and ask if he wanted to join us, but signed up for the wrong run? Most of us have double lockers... :D

Since we are doubling up on communication with Twiddy I will let you (Matt) have your control. I'm just an attendee now. Maybe you should PM or email Mike....not trying to micro manage....sorry....

Shark Bait
06-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Since we are doubling up on communication with Twiddy I will let you (Matt) have your control. I'm just an attendee now.

Hey Kevin, you've been the ring leader on this. Extra communication is not a bad thing. It's all good. :D

nakman
06-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Well I know from an event host standpoint how lovely it is when 3 people all call you the same question.. :rolleyes: I'm sure y'all will work it out.

And Martin's out, ran out of the time/money required to get his 40 ready. :(

Hulk
06-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Since we are doubling up on communication with Twiddy I will let you (Matt) have your control. I'm just an attendee now. Maybe you should PM or email Mike....not trying to micro manage....sorry....

Tony contacted me, and I responded. Not trying to steal your thunder. I communicate with Tony frequently, since I built the new Rubithon website, created the Rubithon ad for TT, etc.

We're just a bunch of guys going on a road trip.

Caribou Sandstorm
06-05-2008, 01:02 AM
Hey Martin,

I am driving out Monday the 16th of you want to ride free with me out and then ride a bit with all the other folks as well on the trail..

You are welcome to hitch a free ride with me back to Denver.

Hate for you to miss it if you want to go.

zornff
06-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Hey guys,
I did'nt mean to cause any confusion as per my plans. I was going to run the dbl. locker run with LT from Metal-Tech, So thats what i picked. Now it looks like the Metal-Tech guys are running on Thursday, and i have not heard from LT.
Soooo... I'm cluster f#@&ed at the moment, but am still leaving on Monday and am still running with someone on Wednesday. Either way i think we will be camping at the same spot.
I want to run ALL of the trail i can, and not hold anyone up or be in a rush, if that makes any sense. I'll keep you posted, not that it matters as you guys are uber organized and i'm obviously not. :cheers:
Mike

Hulk
06-06-2008, 01:42 AM
Mike, no worries, we'll see you in camp. Have fun, dude.

If you want a "Rising Sun Rubithon Road Trip" stainless steel beer mug (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=7285) and a t-shirt (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=7287), you still have time to place your order. If you don't order a shirt in advance, you won't get one.

Uncle Ben
06-06-2008, 08:11 AM
Is the club banner in the trailer? We are gonna need it!

Romer
06-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Matt threw the one in his garage in his truck. If anyone is going to the trailer, it would be great to have two so we would have it on both sides of our camp :D

Hulk
06-08-2008, 04:00 PM
I am driving out Monday the 16th of you want to ride free with me out and then ride a bit with all the other folks as well on the trail.

Chris, did you register?

powderpig
06-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Chris registered with the FJ run. He is taken care of. We will be behind you guys. Maybe we will catch you since you guys are one big massive run now. Andy indicated close to 30 trucks. Tony was talking close to 27 with the rising Sun group attached. Anyhow a big group any way you look at it. Off to Reno today to work on truck then will be on the Con this weekend with Andy and Alvaro and others looking over the trail. See you all on Wed.

Caribou Sandstorm
06-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Hi Matt,

I am in, go tmy info int he mail today. Drive safe Robbie, see you there.

Scrambling to get all my crap done...and work...

Broke a bolt installing my big skid, fridge had a dent sent it back, a new one is on the way, getting new lower control arms installed and covers...

Picked up a diff skid from the blue room, fit pretty well with a few tweaks,
Was going to do a droor/shelf, then not.. Now worried about the potential water getting to my fridge from any water crossings...What do you all think?

Maybe I can drive out with Nakman (john?) on Monday?, need to make a reservation in NV and have a buddy to stay with in Tahoe.

Installing auxillary outlet for frdge tomorrow. Packing it all tomorrow and the next day, to see how will all fit.

Caribou Sandstorm
06-09-2008, 03:57 PM
I mean follow Nakman...I am driving my FJC.....

nakman
06-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Chris, you're welcome to roll out with us on Monday, but you should follow Uncle Ben & Romer, as they will be the actual group (I'll be an hour or so later). Bunch of us are staying at Motel 6 in Wendover that night http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=7235

I wouldn't worry about the water, your doors all seal well and if you have water inside and it's enough to make your fridge that wet then you will probably have much bigger isses to resolve than a blown fridge fuse.

DaveInDenver
06-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Chris, you're welcome to roll out with us on Monday, but you should follow Uncle Ben & Romer, as they will be the actual group (I'll be an hour or so later). Bunch of us are staying at Motel 6 in Wendover that night http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=7235

I wouldn't worry about the water, your doors all seal well and if you have water inside and it's enough to make your fridge that wet then you will probably have much bigger isses to resolve than a blown fridge fuse.
If your door seals are that good and the water is that high, yeah... Chris with the sandstone hydro-locked cork.

Uncle Ben
06-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Same as we have in Members only sans phone numbers.... (http://www.rubithon.com/attendees/2008.shtml)

Hulk
06-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Same as we have in Members only sans phone numbers.... (http://www.rubithon.com/attendees/2008.shtml)

I just posted that web page this morning! :D