PDA

View Full Version : Tenting it for cm08?

farnhamstj
04-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Not us! Our air matress went flat and the tent zipper got stuck for the last time. There was a time when our family and camping gear fit in the back of a40. Then we had kids and got the 100. Then I got tired of it being packed full camping gear so we thought about getting a trailer. We checked out Tch2fly Colbalt and were hooked. Got sold on the slightly larger model. Fleetwood E1
Did I mention a king sized matress and a furnace. Sure maybe it's not "camping, camping" but let's see you carry 2 children, sleeping bags, stove and tent in back pack. There'll be cold beer in the fridge if you want to stop by. Look for the happy wife and dirty kids.

Hulk
04-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Sweet, Farnham. I've been trying to talk the wife into one of these for the last 2 years.

corsair23
04-08-2008, 12:39 AM
Sweet, Farnham. I've been trying to talk the wife into one of these for the last 2 years.

Just borrow one for a trip and she'll be hooked :thumb:

Tch2fly
04-08-2008, 07:46 AM
Nice! :thumb:

Red_Chili
04-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Welcome to the club, I have the Starcraft 10/RT (no cargo area, but same size and concept). Truly the way to go; haven't slept as well camping in anything else.

RockRunner
04-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Very nice, will you be serving imported or domestic beer???:D I would think with such a nice trailer it would be import all the way..........or micro brew:thumb:

Red_Chili
04-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Got the enclosed porch yet?
Just the ticket for a cotton-free but well ventilated afternoon.

corsair23
04-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Farnham,

Forgot to ask...What are the specs on the trailer? We love ours but IMO a little bit smaller one would be a better fit. I like the look of yours as it looks like you could actually take it off the pavement a ways and be ok.

Corbet
04-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Farnham,

I'll be by with the misses to have you give us the free tour. I've been planing the seed for a while. Once we have the little ones, we too will need the same.

Uncle Ben
04-08-2008, 03:05 PM
I've been planting the seed for a while. Once we have the little ones, we too will need the same.

Got it.... :rolleyes:

Romer
04-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Better plant while you can, after the little ones the garden dries up :D

Corbet
04-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Better plant while you can, after the little ones the garden dries up :D

This I know. We will be by your camper too...

wesintl
04-08-2008, 05:08 PM
That's awesome Farnham... Did you find it used to good deal on a closeout?

farnhamstj
04-08-2008, 08:19 PM
It is a little bigger than ideal. We looked at the Fleetwood Colbalt. I wanted more water storage, got 40 gallons. It needs a skid plate built for the plastic water tank. I read some reviews and read through many threads about Australian out back style trailers but they start about $20K. The E2 was 1/2 that. Not a true off-road trailer, but box frame,Soa w/ shocks, and 15" rims, It'll get me most places I want to camp. I like leaving everything at camp and going out to rally around for the day, vs hauling rtt and all the gear in the rig. It did come with the outdoor additional room, "free of charge if I purchased before the end of the month." The good deal is my wife is now excited to go camp, can't put a price on that. OK... $300 a month for the next 6 years. My wife will be collecting donations in exchange for encouraging comments made to your spouses.

corsair23
04-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Not a true off-road trailer, but box frame,Soa w/ shocks, and 15" rims, It'll get me most places I want to camp.

I'll have to stop by at CM08 and compare...Our popup will drag the support feet just getting up and down a driveway if it is even remotely steep :rolleyes:. I need a 8" drop hitch so it tows flat and my LX isn't that tall. Size wise ours is nice for two families going together but realistically it is over kill for a family of 4.

Do you remember what the unloaded weight of yours is?

Red_Chili
04-09-2008, 10:58 AM
We can have an adventure popup beauty contest.

Corbet
04-09-2008, 11:50 AM
There'll be cold beer in the fridge if you want to stop by.

My wife will be collecting donations in exchange for encouraging comments made to your spouses.

So much for the free beer. :hill:

farnhamstj
04-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Dry weight is 2300 lbs. GVW is 3500 lbs. Corsair23 sounds like you need to go soa and get some bigger tires. Chili I'm sure your's is prettier than mine.