PDA

View Full Version : welded my side markers up

J Kimmel
04-07-2008, 10:06 PM
I started putting new fenders on this weekend, partly because I had new ones(junkyard) and my old ones were getting pretty beat. I'm also going to paint it here pretty soon so its all one color, not sure which color yet but it'll be one

I got them trimmed up how I wanted them, and thought about capping the markers. I am not sure what happened to them, I think I broke them a while back, but since its trailered I don't care, don't need them and I think they were ugly sitting empty.

So I cleaned it up and cut a template with cardboard and used my nibbler to cut out the sheet metal. It took a little fitting and such but not too bad

J Kimmel
04-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Next I welded them up(using the tack tack tack method ). After I finished welding it up, I ground it smooth. I *may* add a little filler along the side but I am not too terribly concerned about how perfect it is. Its *close* and I have to remember what its for (oh and I am not a body man )

and thats pretty much it I'm going to do the other side tomorrow night and decide what color to paint it, I'm hopefully going to lay down paint within a couple of weeks

J Kimmel
04-07-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm aiming for Chili :) but I think I might fall short :(

I need a new door :eek:

RockRunner
04-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Shoot just pull a dent or two and it should be nearly as nice as Chili...............:p: Nice work, I just re-welded my sliders, bad job the first time, and mounted the passenger fiberglass fender. Will post pics in my own post.

Red_Chili
04-08-2008, 09:16 AM
I'm aiming for Chili :) ...

YOIKS!!!
I'd better drive faster so he doesn't hit his mark!!!!!:eek::eek:

:lmao:

DaveInDenver
04-08-2008, 09:28 AM
It'll buff right up. Probably win best in show at the Rally Show-n-Shine.