PDA

View Full Version : 80 & 100 Series Guys, Here's Your Chance to Shine!

DaveInDenver
04-10-2008, 01:49 PM
http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/thebigblog/archives/134938.asp

http://www.tullys.com/promo/pemco.aspx

GOT A SUPER-LONG COFFEE ORDER?
As part of Tully’s Super-Long Coffee Orderer promotion with PEMCO, enter your own Super-Long Coffee Order for the chance to win a $100 Tully’s Card and gift basket, awarded weekly. For each entry, PEMCO will donate $1 to Children’s Hospital and Regional Medical Center and participants get a chance to be one of the six weekly winners whose names will appear on a $10,000 donation* to Children’s Hospital. So embrace your inner double-tall, no whip, extra hot soy mocha (with just a dash of cinnamon). Come down to Tully’s and order long!

Here's a pretty good one, I know the Cruiser guys can do better...

"Iced venti, 6 shot, 2/3 half-caff, 2-1/2 pump sugar-free cinnamon dolce, 2-1/2 pump sugar-free vanilla, 1 pump sugar-free gingerbread, splash of 1% milk (half 2% and nonfat), 2 splenda 3 honey packets (stirred in with the espresso first to melt), light ice, light whip, with cinnamon dolce and nutmeg sprinkles iced coffee."

Crash
04-10-2008, 01:54 PM
This sounds more like a 100 or, better yet, 200 series affair, Dave. 80s are becoming old hat and passe, just ask Christo! 80s are becoming the pride of the riffraff - used to be 60 series territory, but 80s are cheap these days. ;)
By the by, are there any 200 series owners in RS yet?

DaveInDenver
04-10-2008, 02:32 PM
OK, sure 100 series owners might be better practiced, but I'm sure a few of you 80 guys still got it in ya. Methinks the 200 peps would have an assistant go for the coffee, so they wouldn't know a Starbucks from the Milwaukee Bucks.

Nay
04-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Drinks like that may come in cups that don't fit in 80 series cup holders, which have to be bought separately, and then still block the stereo and act like they want to spill on it.

I can't get past Venti Vanilla Soy Latte except to add "Iced" in summer. This combo is known to not fit in the 80 series and will sweat condensation in 80 series driver's crotch making it look like said driver had a little accident. Sorry.

As pointed out, it won't be long before 80's are parked in front of Safeway and filled with Mountain Dew. Rims are being painted black as we speak :eek: