PDA

View Full Version : Radio reconfiguration

subzali
04-11-2008, 07:00 PM
I got a new view out my windshield...

CBs movin' to the dash and the Ham's goin' in the Tuffy. Hopefully most of this will come together Sunday morning :thumb:

It's good to get my antennas mounted though, it's a step!

RicardoJM
04-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Excellent, but I don't think that baby blue wrap is FJ40 approved.:D

Rzeppa
04-11-2008, 09:42 PM
It's all good as long as it has a spring on the base. Tree branches, etc., you really really need a spring at the base of an antenna.

Bruce Miller
04-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Looks good, Matt. ARB also makes a "CB" mount that clamps to their bull bars. That's how I've got my CB and my 2 meter antenna mounted. It gets the antennas up a bit higher, too. I disagree with Jeff's spring mount comment. I've never had an antenna mounted with a spring base. When you think about it, a lot of our western wheeling is done in the wide open spaces, a lot of it at or above timberline, like the Triple Bypass and the Ouray wheeling. Just my $.02 worth.

Uncle Ben
04-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Looks good, Matt. ARB also makes a "CB" mount that clamps to their bull bars. That's how I've got my CB and my 2 meter antenna mounted. It gets the antennas up a bit higher, too. I disagree with Jeff's spring mount comment. I've never had an antenna mounted with a spring base. When you think about it, a lot of our western wheeling is done in the wide open spaces, a lot of it at or above timberline, like the Triple Bypass and the Ouray wheeling. Just my $.02 worth.

I left it alone but I have to agree...springs stink!

rover67
04-12-2008, 07:21 PM
cool setup matt.. sounds like I am begind the curve with this HAM STUFF. I need to catchup!

subzali
04-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Well this didn't end up having any really tech questions like I thought it might, so after having trouble yesterday afternoon squeezing my Ham into my Tuffy I tried a different way tonight and was able to make it all come together. Now my CB resides in the dash, Ham in the Tuffy, aux fuse block mounted and wired to CB and roll bar light, new posts on battery to accommodate winch and aux power cables and wires, wire loom run to make it look pretty, and I was listening in to 146.760 the Boulder County Emergency Radio net, so with a quick test of the CB hopefully tomorrow then I can put this business behind me and focus on getting on the air!

subzali
04-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Okay, I knew I wasn't out of the woods yet - I have some serious static coming into both radios (sigh)...here we go