PDA

View Full Version : The Devil's Swimming Pool

corsair23
04-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Got this in my email today...Might be making the rounds...

In Zimbabwe, Africa, you will find the magnificent Victoria Falls at a height of 128m. The location is known as "The Devil's Swimming Pool".

During the months of September and December, people can swim as close as possible to the edge of the falls without falling over!

These falls are becoming well known amongst the "radical tourist" industry as more and more people search for the ultimate experience.

Would you dare?

Tch2fly
04-14-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm pretty sure it is on Livingston Island on the Zambia side of the falls. It wasn't offered when I was there (august) but I would have done it in a heartbeat!

If that isn't enough you can also bungee jump off the 300'+ bridge over the river :eek: (not me)

Mendocino
04-14-2008, 10:53 PM
I would be a little more concerned about the hippos. When I was there they were all over the place and very aggressive.

Red_Chili
04-15-2008, 07:12 AM
Heights tickle my giblets.

I'd pass. :eek:

Uncle Ben
04-15-2008, 07:26 AM
Something about water current, slimy rocks and 200+ foot drop that just doesn't seem user friendly! :eek:

Inukshuk
04-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Life is scary enough on its own.

Hulk
04-15-2008, 07:49 AM
Pre-kids Matt: "Cool! Let's do it!"
Daddy Matt: "Kids, we're going to stay back here where it's safe."

RockRunner
04-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Those pics have made the rounds but look awesome. I would do it too, I love heights and the feeling you get when you look over the edge. The thing that gets me is the little kids. Of course we can't tell how fast the current is there, it looks really calm, so all we can do is speculate.

I'm up for a trip........Oh wait I am going to Rubithon ;-)

Uncle Ben
04-15-2008, 08:19 AM
Those pics have made the rounds but look awesome. I would do it too, I love heights and the feeling you get when you look over the edge. The thing that gets me is the little kids. Of course we can't tell how fast the current is there, it looks really calm, so all we can do is speculate.

I'm up for a trip........Oh wait I am going to Rubithon ;-)

I think I will find other ways to cheat death when I have better odds!

http://www.cnn.com/TRAVEL/DESTINATIONS/9711/natural.wonders/graphics/victoria.falls.jpg