PDA

View Full Version : JDM aux fan

Uncle Ben
04-15-2008, 07:08 AM
Romer....or anyone else than has maybe done this mod. Do you know anyone who pieced together the original power supply for this mod? I was going to add hella relays but now for a cleaner install I'm tempted to get some factory pins and relay for the engine bay power distribution block. The CDR relay spot and fuse locations are clearly in the box and marked.

Romer
04-15-2008, 07:10 AM
I bought a relay at pep Boys and then wired a toggle switch in the throttle cable slot. Sorry. This is a great fan and bolts right up.

Uncle Ben
04-15-2008, 07:18 AM
I bought a relay at pep Boys and then wired a toggle switch in the throttle cable slot. Sorry. This is a great fan and bolts right up.

I know what you did but thats not what I'm asking. It is a great fan and clean install. Mine is a factory type install being controlled by relays. One for A/C circuit and one by thermostatic switch set to trigger at 200*

Romer
04-15-2008, 08:04 AM
I know what you did but thats not what I'm asking. It is a great fan and clean install. Mine is a factory type install being controlled by relays. One for A/C circuit and one by thermostatic switch set to trigger at 200*

I knew that wasn't what you were asking, that's why I said sorry.

Sounds like a nice setup, takes the weakest link out of the loop.

Romer
04-15-2008, 08:30 AM
I hate to qoute Sumo, but this is closer to what your talking about. maybe something of use here

http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/103530-abcs-80s-cooling-part-iii-press-switch.html

Uncle Ben
04-15-2008, 09:18 AM
I hate to qoute Sumo, but this is closer to what your talking about. maybe something of use here

http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/103530-abcs-80s-cooling-part-iii-press-switch.html

Wow Romer! I hear ya about hating to quote that but that is awesome information! Thats not want I needed but it is something that I still had to figure out as thats how the A/C fan should work....I hadn't got that far yet! Also, if Sumo is right and thats a negative switched circuit there is no need for a second relay as the temp switch is also a negative switched circuit!