PDA

View Full Version : Window Tinting Shop

calphi27
04-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Can anyone recommend a decent window tinting shop around Denver/Boulder. My saab needs some tinting before the heat sets in. :beer:

nakman
04-15-2008, 10:26 PM
I really like Eclipse Window Tinting in Lafayette... or is it Eclipse Auto Glass? Well there's an Eclipse in there somewhere.. they are behind McDonald's and Proto's Pizza, 287 & Baseline area same quadrant as that mega huge new WallMart, but over in the smaller buildings that look like storage sheds. They did our Taco, Passat, Prius, and 4Runner.. all with very good results. I have been meaning to get the Subaru over there one of these days as well, before it gets real hot.

Jacket
04-15-2008, 10:35 PM
^+1. Eclipse is a good spot if you're in the NW area. They did a nice job on my Tacoma

Hulk
04-15-2008, 11:06 PM
There's a place down here on County Line Rd in Centennial called Tint Crafters. I have used them for years, and they do a top notch job.

Maddmatt
04-16-2008, 08:48 AM
I really like Eclipse Window Tinting in Lafayette... or is it Eclipse Auto Glass? Well there's an Eclipse in there somewhere.. they are behind McDonald's and Proto's Pizza, 287 & Baseline area same quadrant as that mega huge new WallMart, but over in the smaller buildings that look like storage sheds. They did our Taco, Passat, Prius, and 4Runner.. all with very good results. I have been meaning to get the Subaru over there one of these days as well, before it gets real hot.

Yeah, I'm driving the above mentioned runner and it still looks like a factory job a couple years later. I'm going to get the Suby in there soon as well.
-Matt

CardinalFJ60
07-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Holy old post, Batman!! I thought I'd use this fancy thing called the "Search button"...this thing really works! ;-)

Any-hoo...I picked up a new toy (err, umm, safe car-seat friendly vehicle with airbags) a Subaru Legacy...so, to make that all work, one of the others has to go...And I think it rhymes with "Vee double-U". That's another thread, however.

Is this the place? I need to tint the Soobie. I've been going to Sun-Ease in Boulder for the past few cars and been quite happy, but it doesn't hurt to open up the options.

http://www.eclipsetinting.com/index.html

nakman
07-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Yeah that's the one Shawn... man they've got an early Bronco on their web site too, +1 on the scoresheet for that one. http://www.eclipsetinting.com/contact.html

rover67
07-21-2009, 09:21 AM
cool to bump into this, I need a window on the 60 retinted.

thanks guys

60wag
07-21-2009, 09:44 AM
I recently got a pair of polarized sunglasses and with them found out that the tint on my Saab 9-3 is also polarized. I never knew that window tint was even available polarized. I don't know who put the stuff on but it has a nice smooth inside surface unlike some I've seen.

nakman
07-21-2009, 10:08 AM
The stuff from Eclipse is polarized... almost positive it's a 3M product. If you have polarized glasses when you look at the windows they'll have purple areas, then take the glasses off and it disappears. Really messed with me the first time I noticed it, kind of like the day I thought the screen on the iPod was broken. :doh:

rover67
07-21-2009, 11:11 AM
I have the 3M stuff in the 60 and it is polarized.

I too thought my iPod was messed up the first time I looked at it with polarized glasses :)

Uncle Ben
07-21-2009, 03:37 PM
I have had every vehicle I've ever had tinted except my 40 and from experiance I can tell you that if it don't say 3M, RUN AWAY!

CardinalFJ60
07-29-2009, 04:12 PM
I have had every vehicle I've ever had tinted except my 40 and from experiance I can tell you that if it don't say 3M, RUN AWAY!

It looks like Eclipse uses another product, but Spotshots in Boulder uses 3M. With an endorsement from UB, I'll probablyl work the 3M angle. Anyone with experience with Spotshots? I have a feeling that the shops that have been around a while do a decent job, but I love overthinking things. :o

60wag
07-30-2009, 04:15 AM
Spotshots did the drivers window on an Acura that I used to have. They are (were) the shop that the Flatirons Acura used for all of their work. I was pleased with the work.

Uncle Ben
07-30-2009, 07:39 AM
Spotshots did the drivers window on an Acura that I used to have. They are (were) the shop that the Flatirons Acura used for all of their work. I was pleased with the work.

x3 on Spotshots! From a recomendation from Boulder Toy I have had them do 3 vehicles and a motorhome so far! I will go back! :thumb:

CardinalFJ60
07-30-2009, 01:41 PM
'nuf said....Spotshots it is!!!