PDA

View Full Version : Wheels

AxleIke
04-16-2008, 08:41 PM
I have ruined my 8th set of rims. Both front tires will not hold pressure for longer than a day, and will lose 15 lbs in 6 days.

However, I am not going to buy new rims until I see what sizes the BFG KM2's come out in.

Thus, I am looking for a set of 15" rims ASAP.

I will consider anything, but am really looking for a set of 15x7's.

Stock would be sweet, but whatever you've got, let me know.

Thanks!

DaveInDenver
04-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Heard about a set of four 15x7 stock IFS alloys just the other day. I said yes (of course), but don't yet have them in my hands. If you can wait until like Friday, Saturday at the latest, I should have them for the grand price of zero.

BTW, the new MT KM2 will be available eventually in 33x10.50x15, if that's what you are wondering. Unless you are thinking of going to 16" rims, in which case nevermind.

AxleIke
04-16-2008, 10:40 PM
Dave, I can wait quite a while for that price. Let me know when you've got them.

As for the KM2's, thats what I'm hoping.

My plan, however, is to wait, since I'd like to buy a nice set of rims and some beadlocks, and I want to see with my own eyes that the KM2 is out in that size. If so, I'll be buying a set, and some slick rims too. Hence the want to stay super cheap on these.

wesintl
04-16-2008, 10:50 PM
I would totally be into that size, but when:confused: I can't wait, I'm ready to buy now. i'm going for the truxus 255/85/16

DaveInDenver
04-17-2008, 08:18 AM
According to this post over at Expedition Portal, the second phase of tires will be out this fall and does include the 33x10.50x15.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=96572&postcount=38

I'm planning on getting a set of 33x10.50 MTs, maybe this month still. I like the pizza cutter ATs fine, but I think I want something more substantial for Rubithon. So I can't wait until September. :-(

No problem on the wheels. I actually have a set of four 15x7 factory alloy wheels right now if you are in a crunch and I'll just replace them with this other set (they are the same style) since I don't need the wheels at the moment. The set I have need to be cleaned up, I don't know what they look like under the grime and so I didn't want to pawn them off until I had a chance to hose them off and see if the mag chloride has gotten to them or not. I was planning on moving super skinny tires to factory rims, but I have to get the MTs first anyway and it wouldn't be until next winter when I'd want to put the ATs back on.

BTW, they are the the ones that look like these:

http://catalog.thewheelwarehouse.com/images/TO61.JPG

AxleIke
04-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Dave, I like the ones you posted. Condition isn't that big of a deal. For free, actually, its not a deal at all. I'm going down to get my jacket from romer on friday, perhaps we can meet up then?