PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work in the shipping industry?

treerootCO
04-17-2008, 09:07 AM
I need to get a 132pound crate to Lake Tahoe and my shipper fell through. Does anyone on the board work in the industry?

I used Stone Path to ship goods to Panama and DHL to ship goods back. DHL was unreasonably expensive so I don't dare call FedEx or UPS.

MDH33
04-17-2008, 09:27 AM
I need to get a 132pound crate to Lake Tahoe and my shipper fell through. Does anyone on the board work in the industry?

I used Stone Path to ship goods to Panama and DHL to ship goods back. DHL was unreasonably expensive so I don't dare call FedEx or UPS.

I've been surprised at how inexpensive Fed Ex ground has been on a few occasions. I shipped a huge computer box recently for under 40 bucks.

rover67
04-17-2008, 09:55 AM
ship it terminal to terminal via truck.

Kiowa Kate
04-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Fed Ex ground is so cheap because they don't always deliver. If the address is not in a GPS system, you don't exist and they won't deliver to you.

sleeoffroad
04-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Call me.

calphi27
04-17-2008, 06:47 PM
if christo's deal doesn't work out, look into shipping via greyhound. I shipped 2 doors and a tailgate through them.

Chris
04-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Landstar Express America
Jeff Van Wyk
Jeff.VanWyk@landstarmail.com

Goes by ColoCruiserJeff here and Mud. He FedExed a tranny to Maui for me at a good price. Good cruiser guy too.

theboomboom
04-18-2008, 06:56 AM
I work at a UPS Store. I can get an at cost+20% discount, which ends up being around 30% less than what we would charge you if you just walked in. 132lbs. is still going to be pretty pricey even with the discount.

treerootCO
04-18-2008, 07:44 AM
Landstar Express America
Jeff Van Wyk
Jeff.VanWyk@landstarmail.com

Goes by ColoCruiserJeff here and Mud. He FedExed a tranny to Maui for me at a good price. Good cruiser guy too.

Jeff offered to ship the crate for me but when I sent him all the information he seemed like it was a bother to set up an account with me. Christo set me up with the company he uses so I'll likely just use them for my shipping needs.

nakman
04-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Jeff offered to ship the crate for me but when I sent him all the information he seemed like it was a bother to set up an account with me. Christo set me up with the company he uses so I'll likely just use them for my shipping needs.

win-win!

Mike: Hey Christo, could you ship this big 'ol thing for me?

Christo: Sure no problem. would you like some control arms with that?

Mike: Sure, why not, thanks. I'll take one of those roof racks too..

treerootCO
04-18-2008, 11:06 AM
win-win!

Mike: Hey Christo, could you ship this big 'ol thing for me?

Christo: Sure no problem. would you like some control arms with that?

Mike: Sure, why not, thanks. I'll take one of those roof racks too..

You couldn't be closer to the truth, all the proceeds go directly to him. :)