PDA

View Full Version : Good thoughts needed for a friend

RockRunner
04-18-2008, 05:54 PM
One of our friends had emergency brain surgery last night to remove a cloth and stop bleeding, it isn't working. She went in again this afternoon to have a cloth removed from the right side of her brain and stop bleeding there too.

This surgery went a little better but neither side of her brain has stopped bleeding. The left side showed only a real small cloth and the right is looking OK.

I'm not the most religious person out there but do believe in good thoughts. If you can keep a good thought for Stacy in the next few days I know she would appreciate it as would Sharon and I. She is a long time friend that is way to young and we want her around for a long time to come.

Thanks in advance I know it will help her in her fight for her life.

Chris
04-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Too familiar to me, my thoughts with you all.

Best wishes to Stacy, her family & friends.

corsair23
04-19-2008, 01:10 AM
Sending good vibes and prayers her way Tom...

Rezarf
04-19-2008, 12:14 PM
I'll be praying for your friend, keep us updated.

Drew

Red_Chili
04-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Praying here too.

RockRunner
04-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts, I know they will help her.

Last night they removed a cloth from the right side and tried to stop the bleeding. This morning they removed her breathing tube so she could try and talk. Her speech was very slow. She was unable to feel and or move some parts of her body so they took her into surgery again, this time to remove the pressure on her brain. The drain is working but she is still out for now.

We'll know more tonight when they wake her, we are hoping for the best. Only time will tell if there is any long term damage.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.

RockRunner
04-20-2008, 04:18 AM
We went ot visit her last night again, the drain on her brain pun intended is doing its job. She is responding well and her vitals are looking much better. They took her of her blood pressure meds which she has been on for years so that is great. We aren't out of the woods yet but things are looking much better.

This morning the doctor will evaluate her again and we hope for the same news as last night. If she continues on this road she can be moved from the CCU to the Nuero ward, they will also be able to remove the vent. Her only loss of feeling is in her left hand, things are looking up.

Hoping for the best. :thumb:

PabloCruise
04-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Stacy is in our prayers...

It is amazing how we take our helath for granted.

PS: I think you mean clots?

RockRunner
04-20-2008, 02:59 PM
She is doing great, just got an update. She is responding to people and the numbness is slowly going away. Another cat scan tonight and hopefully tomorrow they can take out her breathing tube.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers, it all helps.

DaveInDenver
04-20-2008, 04:21 PM
We are keeping Stacy in our thoughts and prayers. Keep letting us know good news!

Hulk
04-20-2008, 11:01 PM
Prayers sent. More will be forthcoming. Hope she is still with us.

rover67
04-21-2008, 08:15 AM
I hope she's doing well. my thoughs are with her.

RockRunner
04-21-2008, 01:49 PM
As of this morning, Monday 4/21, she is doing GREAT!!! She is responding very well and seems to be very alert. They took her breathing tube out and she was ale to talk a little bit, darn things hurt so they told her to take it easy.

There is still some pressure on the brain if the block the drain so they are keeping that in, called her a Unicorn and she smiled. So far her prognosis is looking great for someone on the brink of death for three days.

Today is a new day and everyone including her family are taking a well deserved break. As long as she stays stable and the pressure slowly subsides we are golden, if there is more pressure or swelling we start the whole process over again.

I told her I have RS members praying for her and sending her good thoughts and she smiled and said thanks. So from Stacy, myself and her family and BIG thanks to all of you. As always RS members are there for people they don't even know.

corsair23
04-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Great news indeed Tom :thumb:

rover67
04-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Good news man, I really hope she continues to do better.

RockRunner
04-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Sad news, she has taken a turn for the worse this morning. Her breathing has been very erratic and shallow. They can not replace the tube because they do not think she can handle the stress nor can they go for a trachiotomy for some reason.

She woke up last night and asked her sister where she was all morning and night, she said she was really scared. This is coming from one of the strongest woman I know. She also asked her sister to tell her what her vitals were so her mind is working well, a small victory.

She hasn't eaten since last week Sunday and is loosing strength fast, they are trying to give her liquid protein to help her but she needs solid food. She needs her strength to fight her breathing problem and her general health.

I am going to try and visit her tonight with Sharon and hope to be able to if she is doing better.

I will post any updates as I get them, thanks for your support.

bskey
04-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Wow, Tom, I'm sorry to hear that things took a sad turn, but have faith! She had the strength and prayers to get better once, she can do it again! Modern technology, thoughts and prayers combined can be very powerful medicine. My thoughts and prayers are with her, and those suffering with her.

Uncle Ben
04-22-2008, 03:54 PM
Tom,
I shared her name to the prayer chain at church. We're all rooting for her! :thumb:

Rezarf
04-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Any new news Tom?

RockRunner
04-24-2008, 08:07 AM
You guys are the best!! I tried to visit her yesterday morning but was denied due to the high risk of infection. a 6 hour turn around and her sister calls.

"Hang on I have somebody that wants to talk to you"

OK

"Hello Tom? This is Stacy"

I can't tell you how good that felt. She is lucid, brushing her own teeth and EATING!!!!!

We ran down there last night and saw her for about 10 minutes, it was great. She still isn't out of the woods, still has pressure on the brain but it is not getting any worse nor any better.

She is a miracle for sure, you don't get brain clothes and bleeding at the same time. She has one of the best staffs looking after her now she she has become a study etc.

Anyway, please keep the prayers and thoughts coming I know it helps and she needs it.

PS I told her the RS folks were looking out for her and she said "Thank them all for me very much" So again thanks, I can't say it enough.

Red_Chili
04-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Wow, clots AND bleeding. Kinda ties a doctor's hands, don't it??!?

Rezarf
04-24-2008, 10:18 AM
That seems like a step in the right direction man, glad to hear it.

RockRunner
04-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Wow, clots AND bleeding. Kinda ties a doctor's hands, don't it??!?

It does, they had a strugle during the surgery as what to do. Thin the blood to much she blleds out. Don't thin it enough and she clots more, one of the main reasons she has not been able to fight the pressure.

I am going to see her in a little while and will update again with good news I hope :thumb:

PabloCruise
04-24-2008, 12:01 PM
I am glad for the great news - makes everything else in life seem so small (like broken Cruisers!)

We will keep the good vibes happening for sure!

Rezarf
05-07-2008, 07:47 AM
Tom any news on your friend?

Hoping for the best.

Drew

RockRunner
05-07-2008, 08:18 AM
Sorry I did not update earlier. I just got an email from her, She is going..............wait for it.............home Thursday.:bowdown: She is suffering from some slow speech and immediate memory loss but other than that she is fine.:D

She is so grateful to all of her friends, family and extended friends.

I too am grateful to all of you, thanks again for all your prayers and well wishes, here is here email she send out last night. She still has her sense of humor.:rolleyes:

From Stacy,

Crap. Sorry for sending a blank email to some of you. Strange computer and brain damage hmmmmmmm. So it looks like I get to go home on Thurs baring any crazyness. I am happy for that. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers. I love all of you guys and look forward to seeing you all.

more to come.

Stacy

Rezarf
05-07-2008, 08:38 AM
GREAT NEWS! :woot:

Glad to hear it bud. We will continue to pray for a full recovery! :thumb:

Drew

Uncle Ben
05-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Thats awesome news! :thumb::thumb: