04-20-2008, 11:28 PM
Today I added a second fuse block to the 40. Since I was adding:

CB Radio
Stereo
Ham Radio :eek:
ARB Freezer
Hella 4000's
GPS

I thought now was the right time! :D I did a play by play for the newbies over on mud...

Get the full run-down here. (http://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/217352-second-fuse-panel-picture-write-up.html#post3250681)

But I thought I would post up a few of the highlights here :thumb:

Rezarf
04-20-2008, 11:29 PM
All complete and installed.... :cheers:

corsair23
04-21-2008, 02:34 AM
Awesome job Drew :thumb: - That looks VERY clean

DaveInDenver
04-21-2008, 05:29 AM
Nice looking job. Those Blue Sea fuse blocks seem to work really well.

RicardoJM
04-21-2008, 05:34 AM
Excellent work Drew. I will be using the newbie write up information when I get around to doing this.

rover67
04-21-2008, 08:13 AM
Looks really slick man!

Rezarf
04-21-2008, 08:21 AM
Cool thing was, after all that wiring everything worked :confused: no way that should happen with Moab a week out :p::D:lmao:

Thanks guys, it was easy, time consuming to make it clean, but easy. Down the road a circuit breaker like Corbet might be in order, but the fuse was already payed for years ago! :D

RockRunner
04-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Drew, were did you get the mount for the battery? I really like that one and have not seen it. Any info would be great.

treerootCO
04-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Looks very clean, does your ammeter show a high rate of charge?

Rezarf
04-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Looks very clean, does your ammeter show a high rate of charge?

Thanks Mike, I didn't notice, but I wasn't looking, I'll check and get back to you.

Rezarf
04-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Drew, were did you get the mount for the battery? I really like that one and have not seen it. Any info would be great.

McGukins in Boulder, in their car stereo section :D It was about 15 bucks!... ouch, but it was worth it!

:thumb:

Corbet
04-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Those battery clamps look well worth it, very clean.

Jacket
04-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Nicely done Drew! I need to get one of those for my Tacoma.....

RockRunner
04-21-2008, 09:32 PM
McGukins in Boulder, in their car stereo section :D It was about 15 bucks!... ouch, but it was worth it!

That is CHEAP, online they want $34 for them and that is only the positive side.

BTW I would really like to thank you for lightning my wallet by a C note today.;)........went out to buy some stuff to do the same set up. I was planning it anyway but I figured might as well do it now that the whole truck is apart. I got the blade style to match my fuses and a marine dual 12v plug. I am thinking of running 12 gauge wire to each of the plugs and running them on a separate fuse, that way each has it's own power supply.

These "little" projects cost a ton and take a long time............oh well one less thing that will get done before CM. As long as everything is done for Rubithon that is all I care about.:D

AxleIke
04-21-2008, 09:48 PM
You guys gotta see this in person. AWESOME!

Honestly Drew, I'm not sure I've seen a single project that you've put your hand to that hasn't turned out drop dead gorgeous. I wish I had your patience and expertise.

I think my favorite part are the stickers.

Rezarf
04-22-2008, 09:26 AM
That is CHEAP, online they want $34 for them and that is only the positive side.

BTW I would really like to thank you for lightning my wallet by a C note today.;)........went out to buy some stuff to do the same set up. I was planning it anyway but I figured might as well do it now that the whole truck is apart. I got the blade style to match my fuses and a marine dual 12v plug. I am thinking of running 12 gauge wire to each of the plugs and running them on a separate fuse, that way each has it's own power supply.

These "little" projects cost a ton and take a long time............oh well one less thing that will get done before CM. As long as everything is done for Rubithon that is all I care about.:D

Tom FWIW, I couldn't justify spending the extra coin on the fatty wire to the outlets. Unless you are running some kind of high power inverter I would just run 16ish ga for all the regular stuff we run, CB's, Radio's, GPS... heck my fridge only pulls 4amps at start up! Don't get wrong there is some safety in overbuilding wiring system but that is why I dropped the coin on a nice fuse block.

Also, in all my searches, WallyWorld has great price on 12ga wire in their car audio section.

Rezarf
04-22-2008, 09:27 AM
You guys gotta see this in person. AWESOME!

Honestly Drew, I'm not sure I've seen a single project that you've put your hand to that hasn't turned out drop dead gorgeous. I wish I had your patience and expertise.

I think my favorite part are the stickers.

Thanks man, ih8messywiring... :D

RockRunner
04-22-2008, 12:06 PM

Also, in all my searches, WallyWorld has great price on 12ga wire in their car audio section.

Wallyworld here I come :D They are good for some things :hill:

Thanks for the info, got the plugs installed and one set of wires run to the rear. Now I need to run one more set of 12-14 to the rear plug and the rest to the center console. Had to mount my block under the passenger seat. Also need to find some 4 G wire for the batt to the block...............will the fun never stop :eek:

RockRunner
04-22-2008, 12:07 PM
[/URL].

Thanks for the info, got the plugs installed and one set of wires run to the rear. Now I need to run one more set of 12-14 to the rear plug and the rest to the center console. Had to mount my block under the passenger seat. Also need to find some 4 G wire for the batt to the block...............will the fun never stop :eek:

BTW these are the ones I got for the batt terminal connectors. Hope they work:o

http://http://cgi.ebay.com/1-0-4-8-Ga-Pos-Neg-Digital-Car-Battery-Terminal-s-Set_W0QQitemZ290223605471QQihZ019QQcategoryZ50549QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Rezarf
04-22-2008, 04:13 PM
[/URL]

BTW these are the ones I got for the batt terminal connectors. Hope they work:o

http://http://cgi.ebay.com/1-0-4-8-Ga-Pos-Neg-Digital-Car-Battery-Terminal-s-Set_W0QQitemZ290223605471QQihZ019QQcategoryZ50549QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Let me know how it works out when you get it, quality and such.

Fixed you link: Very very cool terminal, is that a voltmeter on the terminal? Too :cool:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-0-4-8-Ga-Pos-Neg-Digital-Car-Battery-Terminal-s-Set_W0QQitemZ290223605471QQihZ019QQcategoryZ50549QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem