PDA

View Full Version : Stolen 4runner!!!

Squishy!
04-21-2008, 07:38 AM
My friend's 87 4runner was stolen saturday night from his apartment. We could really use the extra eyes

It is red with rusty front and rear fenders, approx 4" lift in the front (ifs) and 5 inch leaf in the rear, 33x10.50 procomp Xterrains, steel chrome wheels, no top or sunroof (glass missing), white rear tailgate, spare tire in the back and that's about all I can think of.

Thanks ya'll...

RicardoJM
04-21-2008, 08:04 AM
The description sounds like Ben's, but his definately had a top. Its not his that was stolen was it?

leiniesred
04-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Eyes pealed. I usually see all the mini's anyway. Turn on the lojack.

Rezarf
04-21-2008, 10:04 AM
ARRRG! I hate thieves! :rant:

Will be watching up here for it on the North Side!

Squishy!
04-21-2008, 05:39 PM
The description sounds like Ben's, but his definately had a top. Its not his that was stolen was it?

Yup it was Ben's... he had taken off the top for one night to fix it at work and it was gone... :mad::(:doh:

RicardoJM
04-22-2008, 07:18 AM
Wow. I looked it over one of the evenings he was at the house and he gave me the run down on the work he had put into it. It is terrible that someone has taken it. I will be keeping an eye out for it.

RockRunner
04-22-2008, 08:10 AM
I will keep an eye out and let you know ASAP if I see it.

Squishy!
04-22-2008, 06:09 PM
So 4runner update...

Today Brian Cobain (The Fat Kid), our co-worker saw Ben's 4runner at the K-Mart just down the street from our dealership (belleview and broadway). he stopped to talk to the guy after calling 911 and long story short Brian was only able to pull out a spark plug wire before hauling @$$ through the parking lot and out. The truck was also spotted on Hampden and Lowell, so if you live in that area PLEASE KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED!!! Also the truck is white on the back half, has a Toy doctor magnet or sticker on the side, and is otherwise the same.

Thanks everyone!!!

60wag
04-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Huh? He talked to "the guy" and managed to pull a plug wire and then "hauled a__ " through the parking lot? We need more details and yes I'm keeping an eye out for the 4Runner even though I'm in Ct at the moment.

Red_Chili
04-23-2008, 07:35 AM
The thief hauled out of the parking lot. Brian's bad move (SO clear in retrospect, aren't they all :lmao:) was saying, "Gee, that truck looks a lot like one that belongs to a friend of mine...").

I'm thinking, if someone were to see the truck, call 911, walk casually up to the guy and mention they were looking for a parts truck and would he sell it for just the parts, keep the guy talking, he would think it was an easy way out of a nervous situation and be real interested. Right up until the time the sirens show up.

I bet someone finds it abandoned now, though. Hopefully, intact!

treerootCO
04-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Is is just me that thinks that was a really bad idea? Approach a criminal and try to disable the truck he is driving? Brian is lucky the alleged criminal didn't kill him. I vote 1 for the Darwin award.

Uncle Ben
04-23-2008, 07:52 AM
Is is just me that thinks that was a really bad idea? Approach a criminal and try to disable the truck he is driving? Brian is lucky the alleged criminal didn't kill him. I vote 1 for the Darwin award.

Probably a very bad idea but I too would go for a Darwin point as I would try to disable the driver! IH8THEIVES!

treerootCO
04-23-2008, 08:04 AM
All my trucks have full coverage insurance I got through m2 benelli.

Uncle Ben
04-23-2008, 08:09 AM
All my trucks have full coverage insurance I got through m2 benelli.

The Banelli would take away all the fun and satisfaction of good ole hands-on education! :mad:

Red_Chili
04-23-2008, 08:12 AM
Brian is a smart guy, and probably accurately gauged that the thief is a moron. An unarmed moron.

RockRunner
04-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Bummer he could not keep the guy there any longer. Would have been great for the cops to show up and have a picture of the guy in handcuffs. he doesn't seem very smart, the thief that is, driving it around where he stole it.

Squishy!
05-20-2008, 09:15 AM
He got his truck back! but in rough shape... :mad::(

Red_Chili
05-20-2008, 09:31 AM
It was already kinda rough... I'm sure Ben faces some hardship now that it's rougher...

Hulk
05-20-2008, 09:34 AM
That's good news. Did they catch the bastid who stole it?

Squishy!
05-23-2008, 02:36 PM
No they did not the cop used discretion not to chase the 4runner through an apartment community after the retard (or bastid as some have mentioned) jumped a 3' retaining wall with the truck effectively over revving it blowing out number four cylinder and the compression passing the rings and blowing out the front crank seal dumping oil everywhere. needless to say the dude trashed it...

Hulk
05-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Hope it was insured.

Squishy!
05-28-2008, 04:46 PM
No insurance, well the kind that covers theft anyway