PDA

View Full Version : CM08-Can't go...:(

Mendocino
04-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Due to issues with vehicle preparedness and some other complications I have to pull out of CM08. I just called Slick Rock and there is now a free cabin. There is now also a space for an alternate. The trails I had been assigned are:

TH: Gold Bar Rim
FR: Poison SPIDER Mesa
SA: Golden Spike

I think the worst part of this is that after more than six months of preparation I had to tell my six year old son that we are not going.:mad:

It would be great if I could recover my entry fee, but if not I understand.:(

I know you all will have a great time.

PabloCruise
04-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Jeff, anything we can do to help you and your 6 year old boy get over to Moab?

MDH33
04-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Bummer dude, what needs to be done to make your rig ready?

You could always come to the event and hitch trail rides.

Inukshuk
04-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Jeff - I'm real sorry to hear you two can't attend. I was looking forward to trying to caravan out and appreciate your e-mail this morning. I understand. I have had to miss CM before myself. I hope everything is ok. I'm sure you were bummed out by not being able to go and this did not come to mind, but perhaps in the future you could pass you cabin along to other club menbers. I worked hard to get it to you. Others would have taken that cabin. That being said, you can follow the "Live From CM thread on the net." Moab will be there for you next year.

Mendocino
04-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Hi Daniel,

I was trying to give the cabin to a club member by posting here immediately after cancelling. In hindsight I should have posted here, found someone who wanted it and called Slick Rock. Honestly, I was so unhappy about what I had to do I just wanted to "pull the Band-Aid off quickly."

Pablo, thanks for the offer, but we will have to miss this year.

Cheers,

Jeff

Jacket
04-22-2008, 11:52 AM
That sucks Jeff. My son has been saying "I want to go 4wheelin with daddy" for weeks now, and so I know what you were faced with. Gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

RockRunner
04-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune Jeff, I have an empty seat in my truck and could put the rear seat back in if you want to ride along. LMK if you need want to ride along.

Kipper
04-22-2008, 12:57 PM
TH: Gold Bar Rim
FR: Poison SPIDER Mesa
SA: Golden Spike

with all due respect to our beloved committee, those trail assignments are kinda funny, you'd get to do two of them 2 times! bummer you can't make it though!

corsair23
04-22-2008, 01:20 PM
I think the worst part of this is that after more than six months of preparation I had to tell my six year old son that we are not going.:mad:

Jeff,

Sorry to hear that you can't make it. Like others have said, if you can get to Moab you are sure to find some empty seats to ride along and maybe even get to drive!

I'm in the same boat...If I don't get the LX ready I'm going to leave town for a few days. No way I could face the :Princess:s disappointment after months of buildup :(.

I was trying to think of a way for you and your son to ride with us...He could sit in the middle between the girls and you could ride in the back if I bring one of the 3rd row seats...Would be cramped but possibly doable, dunno. I know it isn't the same as driving your own rig out there but then again maybe that would be just the ticket? Sit back, relax, and watch others tear up their junk :D

Mendocino
04-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Kipper,

This had not escaped my attention.:confused:

I had planned on resolving it when I arrived. Its all history now.

Jeff,

Thanks very much for the offer. At this point, we just can't go. We will do some other runs in Colorado this year and Jake will get his Cruiser fix. I need some more time to get the 40 ready and have been on travel so much that I need to get some things at home done.

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate it. I've been very bummed about this all day...

Cheers,

Jeff

with all due respect to our beloved committee, those trail assignments are kinda funny, you'd get to do two of them 2 times! bummer you can't make it though!

Inukshuk
04-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Honestly, I was so unhappy about what I had to do I just wanted to "pull the Band-Aid off quickly."

Jeff - I totally understand. In fact, I figured. So, hang in there, the rocks in Moab are a few million years old and will be there for you when you are ready for them! Don't stay bummed too long! :cheers:

Shark Bait
04-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Due to issues with vehicle preparedness and some other complications I have to pull out of CM08. I just called Slick Rock and there is now a free cabin. There is now also a space for an alternate.

It would be great if I could recover my entry fee, but if not I understand.:(

I know you all will have a great time.

Jeff, Sorry to hear you won't make it. Thanks for letting us know.

Refunds will be processed most likely after the event, now.