PDA

View Full Version : Going Topless in Moab or Hardtop... what'cha going to do?

Rezarf
04-23-2008, 08:14 AM
No soft top here, so it is no top w/ bikini, or leave the hardtop on.

Here (http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Forecast.aspx?location=USUT0165) is the what the experts are saying so far.

What are you going to do?:thumb:

leiniesred
04-23-2008, 08:21 AM
Soft top for me. (Sides rolled up marlin perkin's wild kingdom style)

Hard top stays home.

MDH33
04-23-2008, 08:21 AM
I am more concerned about the weather over the passes than the weather in Moab. ;)

How about hard top on, then we'll help you lift it off at Slickrock. :thumb:

Ask Subzali about driving over Vial pass in a blizzard with a bikini top. :D

nuclearlemon
04-23-2008, 08:45 AM
i've done the bikini in a wet slushy summer snow storm and do not recommend it. keep the top on and pull it in moab.

RockRunner
04-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Top up the pass and naked in Moab :thumb:

Unless you are towing then tarp and naked in Moab :D

Red_Chili
04-23-2008, 09:03 AM
I'm with them ^^ folks. Tops come off easy. That's what I did the first CM I attended.

wesintl
04-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Man up like a 40 owner should and bikini it out there ;)

You'll have no option once you get old and crusty with an mini or 80 :lol:

treerootCO
04-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Wwsd? ;)

Red_Chili
04-23-2008, 09:51 AM

And all this time I thought you had seen my mini. I should show it to you some time.

:lmao:

Beater
04-23-2008, 09:59 AM
last time I went topless in moab, my nipples got sunburn

Uncle Ben
04-23-2008, 10:02 AM

Thats exactly what I have been thinking but refrained. If it's really bad that why you carry the spare tarp! Freakin' pansies!!! Speaking of nice day I think I'll push the button and run open top today..... :lmao::lmao:

Red_Chili
04-23-2008, 10:05 AM
last time I went topless in moab, my nipples got sunburn

Another visual to repress. :bawl:

It's getting crowded in the subconscious storeroom.

subzali
04-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Drew knows all about driving back through the mountains in a snowstorm, from what I gather even worse than me...

But I'm a pansy so I'm hardtopping it out there and pulling the top for 9 days, then topping it back across the mountains till I'm safely home and can pull it again for summer! Weather looks good for Moab, but Drew check the forecast for Vail and think about it!

I'm guessing we can put our tops on top of some of the tow rig trailers that will be sitting in the parking area in Slickrock, at least on the ones that aren't going to be moving for the week.

MDH33
04-23-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm going to put my soft top back on if I have time this weekend. I'll ditch my doors in Slickrock. Anyone have some soft half doors I can borrow/buy?

Jethro
04-23-2008, 12:14 PM
The first 5 years I had my 40 I drove it over to Moab with the bikini top. Just dress approriately. The Triple Bypass in a rain storm is much worse than Vail Pass. Now, like UB, push a button to remove the top.

Jacket
04-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Drew - Isn't your :Princess: riding shotgun? I'd advise leaving the hardtop on for the drive out.

Shark Bait
04-23-2008, 12:32 PM
I go topless as often as possible. :D

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/attachment.php?attachmentid=8821&stc=1&d=1208975295

Or at least a bikini. :lmao:

You guys didn't really think you could hang that one out there like that and expect me to leave it untouched, eh?

wesintl
04-23-2008, 12:55 PM
Thank gawd I only saw the plumbers thong :eek:

Red_Chili
04-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Chris, it is your fault.
I have repressed to much. It is becoming a LIFO stack.

Just popped the stack.
http://www.houseoffusion.com/users/images/fat_guy.jpg

Shark Bait
04-23-2008, 01:04 PM
You caught me without my makeup on. :p:

corsair23
04-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Drew - Isn't your :Princess: riding shotgun? I'd advise leaving the hardtop on for the drive out.

x2 :thumb:

I mentioned this to Matt as well but there is a pretty wide open area next to the playground at Slickrock. I would think you could pop the top, tarp it, and set it there until Saturday night. Might be best to call/email Missy and ask if that is a possibility. The area is right next to site #182 (where I'll be) on the map and there is a fence surrounding the area.

subzali
04-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Actually Stacy might be driving :D

Leastwise I've got pictures of her doing it before! :thumb: We had a lot of the girls driving on the Ghost Town Run a couple years ago!

Rezarf
04-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Thanks fellas, except for the big guy pic :barf:

I think we will pull it, I love the adventure of it, but my :princess: has beautiful long hair that is kinda crazy in the wind. I just don't want to get hosed in a rain storm. I keep telling myself... ease her into this... ease her into this.

Two years ago, I got blasted on Vail pass and nearly froze my buns off, but the FJC Trail Team had given me insulated leather gloves that year that allowed me to push on. We had snow there and back! :D

I don't want to mess with pulling/storing it there, we will go one way or the other.

Thanks! :thumb:

bigbluefj
04-23-2008, 09:16 PM
well just this to add, it did snow in moab last year!!!!!

farnhamstj
04-23-2008, 10:26 PM
Thanks fellas, except for the big guy pic :barf:

I think we will pull it, I love the adventure of it, but my :princess: has beautiful long hair that is kinda crazy in the wind. I just don't want to get hosed in a rain storm. I keep telling myself... ease her into this... ease her into this.

Two years ago, I got blasted on Vail pass and nearly froze my buns off, but the FJC Trail Team had given me insulated leather gloves that year that allowed me to push on. We had snow there and back! :D

I don't want to mess with pulling/storing it there, we will go one way or the other.

Thanks! :thumb:

So you're driving out there with the top on and removing it once in Moab, correct? A 40 is enjoyable under 50 mph topless, if you're on the interstate better go protected.

Me, I like the windows up and the sunroof open for about 25 minutes. Then when my forehead starts to feel like it's burning, I close the sunroof and open the window. Once the forehead cools, close window, reopen sunroof and repeat as necessary until pushing red skin with finger results in a white fingerprint that lasts longer than usual and I think to my self, "I should have put on sunblock."

Uncle Ben
04-24-2008, 12:28 AM
So you're driving out there with the top on and removing it once in Moab, correct? A 40 is enjoyable under 50 mph topless, if you're on the interstate better go protected.

Me, I like the windows up and the sunroof open for about 25 minutes. Then when my forehead starts to feel like it's burning, I close the sunroof and open the window. Once the forehead cools, close window, reopen sunroof and repeat as necessary until pushing red skin with finger results in a white fingerprint that lasts longer than usual and I think to my self, "I should have put on sunblock."

Ya.....thats what I'm talkin' 'bout! Basically, a rolling convection oven!

Rezarf
04-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Weather looks good, chilly over the Pass but otherwise great for the week. Topless it is, we are splitting up the drive out, we are going to Glenwood Springs on Monday then bombing it early the next morning to Moab, should make for a nice pace.

Getting excited! :D

wesintl
04-24-2008, 11:55 AM
I take back everything I said if the mrs is going. You want to keep her happy no madder what ;) Even including buying a mini or 80 :hill:

Red_Chili
04-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Careful there Wes, I'm gonna start a collection of quotes from ya!
:hill:

nuclearlemon
04-24-2008, 12:31 PM
so you're a no go for the slow brigade on saturday?

mr. bill, how about you? you still planning on saturday?

Rezarf
04-24-2008, 12:31 PM
My buddy just gave us a set of his/hers down jackets, that should help on the pass. I am going to run doors and pull them at Moab. Good compromise no? :D

Shark Bait
04-24-2008, 12:49 PM
My buddy just gave us a set of his/hers down jackets, that should help on the pass. I am going to run doors and pull them at Moab. Good compromise no? :D

Yeah. I will put my soft top on for the trip and then take it off and run the bikini top all week. I just need to remember to bring a tarp and rain gear, just in case. :D

Red_Chili
04-24-2008, 12:55 PM
I used a tarp on a Spring Creek run before I had the soft top, to good effect. :D
With doors, you have a quick-deploy Cruiser shelter system. Yeah, that's it.

Corbet
04-24-2008, 12:56 PM
If I had the choice it would be without the hard top. But like the other 80 owners I'll have to hold the switch. I wish I had the time for my 40.

Red_Chili
04-24-2008, 01:07 PM
You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana.

Was that a signature quote, or WHAT?!? :D

Rezarf
04-24-2008, 01:24 PM

Got it! :D

Uncle Ben
04-24-2008, 01:25 PM

Dude....I have been soooo close several times! Trouble is Robbie has caught me everytime! :rolleyes: The way things are going on other fronts I might still get the opportunity to see how an 80 looks with the top cut off....guess that depends on if Acon's communication skilz improve! :rant: :rolleyes:

Uncle Ben
04-24-2008, 01:27 PM
You 80 guys are just over $2 per gallon away from nirvana.

Fixed it for you...BTW :lmao:

corsair23
04-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Dude....I have been soooo close several times! Trouble is Robbie has caught me everytime! :rolleyes: The way things are going on other fronts I might still get the opportunity to see how an 80 looks with the top cut off....guess that depends on if Acon's communication skilz improve! :rant: :rolleyes:

:eek: :lmao: - Practice makes perfect UB :hill:

farnhamstj
04-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Weather forcast is for snow in Vail sat. It's currently snowing. The other thing that I haven't heard from the 40 driver's is, Who is wearing earplugs? One of the better "upgrades" I made to the 40 was a set of earplugs, especially usefull when topless.