PDA

View Full Version : Help from the north side????

powderpig
04-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Hello guys and gals.
I may have the first carnage of CM08(if you count this early stuff). I was having a leasurly drive up Top of the world and got to with in a 10 min walk of the top when the Double Cardan cast section broke in to 4 pieces. Any how I will post of phone numbers for me and the wife in the member section. I will hang out for a little while at the coffee shop I am at and will try to look later at the camp ground. Yes, I am at slick rock CG instead of some out of the way place. I do not have a second double cardan drive shaft, but do have a couple of stock drives at home. So my request is that some one on the north side that is heading out here can bring me the drive shaft. I hope to arrange this with the wife to make it as painless as possiable for any one that chooses to help.

I am trying to post a pic of the center section. Any one know why this may of happened(besides 2x and towing a trailer). I will post other pics later of all the pieces and you can see where it has been fractured for a time and has finally let loose. Having fun in Moab:D:rolleyes: Thanks in advance. Phone number in members section

Rezarf
04-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Robbie, I am in, my number is PM'd to you. We are heading out tomorrow at lunch, but stopping for the night tomorrow, and coming into moab by Tuesday morning.

If that is good enough for you, we'll make it happen.

Drew

Jacket
04-27-2008, 07:53 PM
I can be Drew's backup. Probably not going to get out of here until Wednesday morning though.

Rezarf
04-27-2008, 10:17 PM
I have talked with Kevin, I am going to bring the parts Robbie needs unless someone can get there sooner which would be Monday?

Thanks!

Drew

Uncle Ben
04-27-2008, 10:58 PM
DC shaft is awaiting pick-up. Robbie....hard to tell but it looks like the shaft was pushed at more of an angle that it was designed for. Hopefully that is just a 6" lift thing and not a 4" lift thang! :rolleyes: BTW thanks Drew! :thumb:

Rzeppa
04-27-2008, 11:12 PM
If Chris Hatfields 80 is missing a rear DS tomorrow morning it wasn't my idea. I swear:rolleyes:

powderpig
04-28-2008, 07:47 AM
Thanks guys, I am waiting for the one from Drew. This will give me some time to go slow and relax. Do some more work on the 80, in the camp ground.
So you think it may be a angle thing Kevin? Funny that more 6 inch lifts have not broken the aftermarket DC ones out there like mine. I will give you a better look when I get home. Any how it has some spots where it has been cracked inside the housing for a bit of time(dull areas, not a new break).

nakman
04-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Hey I'm not leaving until Thursday morning.. if someone else needs something brought out let me know. :beer2:

Nay
04-28-2008, 09:04 AM
Thanks guys, I am waiting for the one from Drew. This will give me some time to go slow and relax. Do some more work on the 80, in the camp ground.
So you think it may be a angle thing Kevin? Funny that more 6 inch lifts have not broken the aftermarket DC ones out there like mine. I will give you a better look when I get home. Any how it has some spots where it has been cracked inside the housing for a bit of time(dull areas, not a new break).

No way it's an angle thing with the length of rear driveshaft on an 80 on only 6" of lift. You can't be over 12-14 degrees @ ride height, those things will run 20-22 on the highway, something like 28 max.

powderpig
04-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Any how I saw the B&B Miller yesterday and they had a couple of old stock drive shafts in the bed of the diesel. I was able to snag one for the next couple of days until kevin's shows up. May even leave it in for the rest of the week. I can not tell if I have any vibrations with the swampers on(I forgot how much vibration with the cold swampers first thing in morning). Anyhow enjoying the wonderful views and the truck showing up during the day. See you later Robbie

wesintl
04-29-2008, 09:27 AM
I won't be heading out til thurs morn maybe fri morn at the latest if anyone needs parts, etc.