PDA

View Full Version : FANTASTIC Cruise Moab - Thanks to Everyone

Romer
05-04-2008, 06:41 PM
This was another outstanding Cruise Moab and it all happens because the members of this club are the best. That's not just my opinion, I had many people come up to me who were amazed how many people it took to put this event on and they are all volunteers. Several said "I wish my club was like Rising Sun". Even Tony Twiddy was impressed by our club and our event.

We even had people who are thinking of joining the club stop by and volunteer for a shift.

We always say this is our event and the club all worked together to make it happen.

I am so damn proud of this club:thumb:

:cheers:

Shark Bait
05-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Ditto. Wonderful job everyone! The extra volunteers made this the least stressful Cruise Moab I've been a part of. Thank you Rising Sun! :bowdown::bowdown:

I especially want to thank Ben & Ryan who were late additions, but helped out a TON both in the camp ground and at the dinner when I asked them to. :clap::cheers:

I also had the privilege of spending most of the week with our Honorary Canuck Member, Kevin Kuhn, aka bigbluefj . He was a big help and a great co-pilot and just nice to have around. Thanks Kevin! :clap::thumb:

rocktoy85
05-04-2008, 10:51 PM
We were more than happy to help out. I got to know a few club members a lot better, and had a lot of fun wheelin and helping out where I could. Thanks for lettin us in so late, we would of came out anyway, but it was a lot more fun getting to go on trails with the club. Can't wait till next year!!:thumb:

AxleIke
05-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Thank you to all who made this possible. I had a fantastic time, and learned a lot. Great, great event. Props to you all!

Rezarf
05-04-2008, 11:33 PM
We had a blast! What a great event, this club really, really rocks... especially the committy who have been working on this thing since about forever? :D

Top notch, I had two different folks come up to me and share how much they really liked the event, responsible wheeling, and fun factor... both complete newbies to wheeling.

Great job! :risingsun:

Vitesse_6
05-05-2008, 12:01 AM
Agreed!
RS puts on one hell of an event.
I look forward to next year, BTW let me know if you would like any raffle items next year.
BIG thanks!

corsair23
05-05-2008, 02:24 AM
Kudos to EVERYONE :thumb:

I had no idea last year what it took to put on this event...It was an eye opening experience being more of a part of it this year and makes a person come away even more impressed. :bowdown:

rover67
05-05-2008, 06:46 AM
yeah thanks to everyone! we had a blast! really had an awesome time!

farnhamstj
05-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Thanks to everyone involved. My kids and wife had a great time. Me, I had fun too. I'm looking forward to next year already. My boy's going to school today with a Cruise Moab tattoo on his neck. "Like my friend" (refering to the dude with blue mohawk and tattoos). Everyone was really nice and made my family feel welcome.

Jacket
05-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Same here - a great family gathering. This was my wife's first multi-day wheelin event, and while I don't think she's ready to go out and buy/build a rig, she was already talking about next year's CM. That's huge progress for me!

Thanks to all of you and your friends/family that made us feel welcome. We met a ton of new people, and although it's cliche at this point, we had a blast.

I figure if she can stomach a day on Moab Rim, everything else will be a cakewalk....

RockRunner
05-05-2008, 10:05 AM
I had a great time, volunteering my time did not impact me at all. I enjoyed doing it, it was a great way to meet new people that I otherwise would not have met.

I hope to attend next year and bring my wife or my friend again. I will definitely volunteer next year again, put me on the list again!!!

Thanks to all it was a great time!!!!

girlsfj40
05-05-2008, 10:06 AM
It was great to see all of the families that showed up this year! I had several people tell me how much fun they had and how nice everyone was. Thanks to all of the people who chipped in to help!

Red_Chili
05-05-2008, 11:10 AM
I figure if she can stomach a day and late evening on Pritchett, everything else will be a cakewalk....
Fixed it for ya!

I wish I could get my wife excited about CM!

Uncle Ben
05-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Fixed it for ya!

I wish I could get my wife excited about CM!

Buy her a Land Cruiser! :eek: :bowdown::Princess: :lmao:

Corbet
05-05-2008, 05:17 PM
I also got a bunch of compliments on the event while collecting dinner tickets and just around the campground. Pretty much anytime I had my staff t-shirt on.

Marianne and I are looking forward to CM09.

Thanks to all who helped put this event together.

corsair23
05-05-2008, 07:04 PM
The wife told me on the drive home how much she enjoyed the trip this year and the vacation with just us (usually it is us and a bunch of her family)...

She enjoyed it so much that for CM09 she is contemplating pulling the girls out of school so they, and she, can attend :D - Now...to figure out how to get a 40 and a popup camper out to CM09 :hill:

Corbet
05-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Now...to figure out how to get a 40 and a popup camper out to CM09 :hill:

Looks like your driving the 40 pulling the pop-up, :Princess: in the 80. At least that's the way the discussion would go at our kitchen table

powderpig
05-05-2008, 09:35 PM
It is so cool hear these comments coming from our members, it is a such a privilage to be members of a club that honors service to others and to have fun being safe at the same time. I do feel lucky to be part of this club. Every year, Cruise Moab gets better by serving the community.
Later Robbie

leiniesred
05-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Great job everyone. I had "peak fun" while workin' hard with y'all.

Lin was surprised to hear so many "where's Lin" comments!

Red_Chili
05-06-2008, 09:14 AM
I'm excited about possible change-ups for CM09.

I especially like the personal touches by the trail leaders, throwing in a curve and a treat for each trail. I have some ideas for Cliffhanger next year. Of course Fins will always involve a stop at Milt's afterwards, with free ice cream to the person who picks up the most trail trash. I like Nakman's noontime grill on Wipe-out Hill, and always, Cheeseman's history stories about the trail make E-hill (and this year, Wipe-out Hill) that much more interesting.

Then there's that hat for E-Hill... :lmao:

It'll be cool to see what each leader comes up with.

Red_Chili
05-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Buy her a Land Cruiser! :eek: :bowdown::Princess: :lmao:
If that would work I'd do it!

corsair23
05-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Looks like your driving the 40 pulling the pop-up, :Princess: in the 80. At least that's the way the discussion would go at our kitchen table

:eek: I don't even want to think about what towing the popup with the 40 would be like

RockRunner
05-06-2008, 09:43 PM
:eek: I don't even want to think about what towing the popup with the 40 would be like

Here is an idea, add AC and some Recaro's to the 40. A very tight soft top with a killer stereo and a drink system. Cruise control and if not already an auto tranny. Not to mention a cushy suspension, that should cover it.:D

Or hire a driver for the 40 or maybe somebody would volunteer.

Trapper50cal
05-07-2008, 01:07 PM
It was really cool to meet a bunch of you and kick it by the campfire! I had a truncated trip but next year the Flying Brick (Ingrid) will be ready for some real runnin' - If RS needs a beer sponsor for CM 09, I'll convince my boss to bring out some half-barrels!

Thanks again for a great event!

Trap

subzali
05-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Hey JT, it was good meeting you after you rolled in Friday night and, like you said, chilling by the campfire. It was neat to see the swapped 60 and 55 parked next to each other, good to see the 60 well taken care of too. Have fun!

Trapper50cal
05-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Hey JT, it was good meeting you after you rolled in Friday night and, like you said, chilling by the campfire. It was neat to see the swapped 60 and 55 parked next to each other, good to see the 60 well taken care of too. Have fun!

Yeah, that had an air of "full circle" to it. It was neat to see the 55 again and have all those people saying "nice 60! Oh that's Ige's old Ride??!! Didn't recognize it!) :thumb:

Red_Chili
05-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Good to meet you, Trap!

Trapper50cal
05-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Good to meet you, Trap!

Yeah, I was the one that perturbed you with the seriously stupid question as to whether you were fixing Toms gas tank or what while you were under his rig welding...It was early, and I am stupid.:blah::blah::blah:

Red_Chili
05-08-2008, 09:45 AM
D00d, no worries. It was early enough that I don't even remember it!!! :lmao:
Sorry if my responses were clipped, I was running late, my out of position welding sucked, and I didn't want to be late to the assembly point for the trail nor leave Tom in a tight spot.

Trapper50cal
05-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Not even a problem, like I said, it was a VERY stupid question. I just remember Tom talking about a giant leak in his gas tank the night before around Ige's campfire and thinking soap wasn't gonna do it. LOVE the rig by the way, it truly is an obviously loved rig.

MDH33
05-08-2008, 11:47 AM
I just returned. I had to fly to Michigan for my Grandfathers funeral as soon as I got back.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the great time. It was a ton of fun and it was apparent that a lot of time and effort goes into this event and it seemed to me that it went over smoothly.

I am soooo stoked about my raffle prize too! here's a pick of the rooftop tent I won. You'll just have to imagine it on top of my 60 until I can get pics of it in action.

http://www.toymoco.com/i/story/ARBTent1.jpg

:risingsun

Uncle Ben
05-08-2008, 02:00 PM
I just returned. I had to fly to Michigan for my Grandfathers funeral as soon as I got back.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the great time. It was a ton of fun and it was apparent that a lot of time and effort goes into this event and it seemed to me that it went over smoothly.

I am soooo stoked about my raffle prize too! here's a pick of the rooftop tent I won. You'll just have to imagine it on top of my 60 until I can get pics of it in action.

:risingsun:

Very sorry to hear of your loss! I have been to way too many funerals here lately and while in thoery practice makes perfect each one seems to be getting tougher! :(

Very cool on the score Martin! We will have a RTT camping trip VERY soon!

MDH33
05-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Very sorry to hear of your loss! I have been to way too many funerals here lately and while in thoery practice makes perfect each one seems to be getting tougher! :(

Very cool on the score Martin! We will have a RTT camping trip VERY soon!

Thanks Kevin. :)

It was very tough. My grandpa was a good friend and a very cool dude. He'll be missed but not forgotten.

I'm planning on getting the RTT on the 60 and using it on the Ghost Town Run. I figure that will be a great run to camp out and even get Kim to come along since the trails are scenic and not as tough. Let me know if there is anything happening sooner for a shakedown run. :thumb:

bh4rnnr
05-09-2008, 09:00 AM
Looks like everybody had a good time again this year:cool:. By any chance, anybody remember who one my framed pic of Kurt in the raffle?

:beer::beer:

Shark Bait
05-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Looks like everybody had a good time again this year:cool:. By any chance, anybody remember who one my framed pic of Kurt in the raffle?

Mudrak. :D

bh4rnnr
05-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Mudrak. :D

So Daniel was telling me Mudrack one the pic of Ross Miller on Hells Gate(TT cover shot). Just trying to figure out who one the one of Kurt Williams wondering through the San Rafael Swell(framed pic)

TIA!!

Uncle Ben
05-10-2008, 11:38 PM
So Daniel was telling me Mudrack one the pic of Ross Miller on Hells Gate(TT cover shot). Just trying to figure out who one the one of Kurt Williams wondering through the San Rafael Swell(framed pic)

TIA!!

You askin' who is the one who won? :lmao::lmao::bolt:

Hulk
05-12-2008, 12:43 AM
I think one of the Proffitt guys won that one.