PDA

View Full Version : Kane Creek minimum requirements

RockRunner
05-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Well I am going back to Moab with our friends for Memorial Day weekend :D The guys we go with all have pretty much stock jeeps with a little taller tires, 31-32", and not much more.:rolleyes:

There has been talk about running Kane Creek, I am fine with that but not sure if there rigs can handle it. Need some input from you guys as to whether they can run this and WITHOUT body damage.

I think they both have some form of LSD in the rear but that is it.

LMK what you guys think, last year we ran Fins and Things and all went well.

:cheers:

wesintl
05-09-2008, 04:25 PM
doable without body damage. good driving and spotting when needed. Take the line to the left going up the shelf road.

Rezarf
05-09-2008, 04:48 PM
I just ran it open/open with 35's... but it is a cruiser ;)

Like Wes said, there are really only two spots as you climb onto the shelf road that need attention to get through, and one other spot that you need to squeeze through, but again, it is doable. I had a blast, it is a great trail! FWIW, if you are going off the Wells book (older addition) it rates the trail a little weaker than it actually is now.

Hulk
05-09-2008, 05:47 PM
If they have a limited slip in the rear, they'll probably be fine.

subzali
05-09-2008, 05:49 PM
I did it last Thanksgiving on 31s with a rear locker; you've seen my truck (remember my gas tank? :D)

My buddy did it at the same time in his CJ7 on 31" A/Ts and a limited slip rear. He says he has a 4" lift, but my stock Cruiser sits higher than his J**P :rolleyes:

It'll be a challenge and a lot of fun for them! :thumb:

RockRunner
05-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Good to hear guys, I am looking for something that will challenge them but at the same time give them a fun ride. I thought about running Steel bender, I think that is the one we ran in the spring, it has challenges but with by-passes.

If you guys can give me a few more suggestions please do so. I am looking in the book but seat of the pants experience means more coming from folks I know than a book.

I may start a new tread asking for some suggestions, I don't remember the 3-4 trails to well and they have changed in 7-10 years.

Rezarf
05-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Good to hear guys, I am looking for something that will challenge them but at the same time give them a fun ride. I thought about running Steel bender, I think that is the one we ran in the spring, it has challenges but with by-passes.

The wall on steel bender is a must go over, the bypass is just as gnarly as the obsticle. In fact, I would prefer the wall over the bypass on that section.

:thumb:

RockRunner
05-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Steel Bender may be out.

Hulk
05-12-2008, 12:28 AM
Mmm, that wasn't the case this year. The bypass was cake for the couple of people who chose to climb the wall.

The only non-optional obstacle is the steep ledge. But you can always leave a heavy vehicle up top and attach a strap to the rear bumper of the short wheelbase vehicles. We did that to 2 vehicles this year.

RockRunner
05-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the info, I think I am going to print out all these pages and let the group decide.