PDA

View Full Version : Next 80 Series Mod....

corsair23
05-15-2008, 11:38 AM
The next 80 series mod...Stove in the tailgate :D

I'm pretty sure this is the same gent that replaced his rear windows with a hinged "door". Soooo....Anyone want to jump on this before Rubithon? :hill:

Seriously though...For small family outings and what not this seems like a pretty :cool: deal. I still think I'd prefer the storage dealyo another MUD member is working on over a stove but I like the thinking outside of the box :thumb:

80 Series Tailgate Stove (http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/221467-tailgate-stove.html)

60wag
05-15-2008, 12:43 PM
I saw the thread on MUD. Its clever but I prefer to have the stove portable and to not have a propane tank in the tailgate. I'm curious how much it rattles and how hard it is to clean out spilled food debris.

Corbet
05-15-2008, 01:57 PM
clean out spilled food debris.

In my case simply leaving Porter in the back would take care of such things.

Rezarf
05-15-2008, 02:13 PM
I think if you can mount it snug enough and have it well secured, you could hard line a tie in for the tank and just screw the bottle on and leave the stove in the tailgate all the time. Cool thinking if nothing else.

Drew

Hulk
05-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Pretty cool. Seems like an ideal spot.

DaveInDenver
05-15-2008, 04:10 PM
I have to put something insulating between my stove and tailgate because it gets pretty hot, so I guess I'd also be worried about the paint getting melted.

Nay
05-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Now you just need the gas tank mod from the Marks box and the stove can be the pre-ignition in a good rear end for the tank itself. :lmao:

Red_Chili
05-16-2008, 07:40 AM
Cool thinking.
I like my stoves portable though. Seems like as often as not I am cooking in the rain or snow, mostly hunting.

DaveInDenver
05-16-2008, 08:16 AM
Cool thinking.
I like my stoves portable though. Seems like as often as not I am cooking in the rain or snow, mostly hunting.
I'd bet it would be easy to rig up an awning from the back of a wagon, 'specially if it has a roof rack. That would be slick.

farnhamstj
05-17-2008, 07:43 PM
I thought about something similar but fitting in a 2 burner. Cut the top of a coleman off and bolt it in. I looked at using food grade cutting board plastic to replace the carpet. Also considered just replacing the carpet with cutting board.